Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Have you heard the good news? Wünderkid Zückerberg can connect your brain stem directly to the global Hyperweb! Embrace the Hivemind. Except China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

poopnanners posted:

Have you heard the good news? Wünderkid Zückerberg can connect your brain stem directly to the global Hyperweb! Embrace the Hivemind. Except China.

Can I do that, but for my rear end in a top hat?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Can I do that, but for my rear end in a top hat?

By using Google+

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
From my facebook feed...

:nws:
http://imgur.com/QhM8pBD
:nws:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one guy at work doesn't have a FB and he's always surprised by everything

"wait, when did you get a dog?!"

lol @ guy at work

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I got the kill newsfeed extension and my experience is a million times better. now I just shitpost directly onto my friends wall and don't have to ever watch another buzzfeed video.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I kept unfriending and unsubscribing from people who would spam useless poo poo 16 times per day. My gf's craxy ex started stalking me on it, so I just deactivated my account, and it's been that way off-and-on for 5 years now. It was nice having slutty photos of my early 20's coworkers pop up every now and then I guess.

Also, what's with the lovely facebook app that somehow slows down your entire phone? Is it even made by the company? What a piece of poo poo, just use the web browser. Or Facebook Messenger if you have to.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Airborne Viking posted:

I kept unfriending and unsubscribing from people who would spam useless poo poo 16 times per day. My gf's craxy ex started stalking me on it, so I just deactivated my account, and it's been that way off-and-on for 5 years now. It was nice having slutty photos of my early 20's coworkers pop up every now and then I guess.

Also, what's with the lovely facebook app that somehow slows down your entire phone? Is it even made by the company? What a piece of poo poo, just use the web browser. Or Facebook Messenger if you have to.

Some nice #facebookprotips from a real veteran here. Don't sleep on this 1

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It used to be good for the occasional hot picture that my female friends would sometimes post of themselves but that's been happening less and less as time goes on. Now it's just choked with white-noise poo poo I couldn't care less about, though I do have a couple gems such as my one friend from HS who thinks the NBA put magnets in the basketball hoops to increase scoring. E: He's also a crazy 9/11 truther if it wasn't obvious, but I found the basketball point inflation thing much funnier than anything else he throws up in that regard.

I'll say something once every month or two or if something happens that I actually care about, but I'm not even FB buddies with some of the friends with whom I'm in regular contact. And my wife and I almost never post anything about our relationship because if I feel like telling her I love her, I tell her to her face like a real person.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 11, 2016

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's impressive how many of my 23 year old friends are on their 2nd kid now

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
No I don't have instaface sorry

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Minimalist Program posted:

I made a linkedin account some months back to get some stuff in order for work and an old ex girlfriend found me there somehow and wrote me a long rear end email about her divorce.

hahahahahaha.

They literally emailed you on a professional business site about their divorce. Holy poo poo.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I'm playing the long game and hoping that when everyone realizes how lovely Facebook and gradually start giving it up I'll be able to act super smug and say poo poo like "oh that, I haven't had one of those face things since 2015 :smug:"

But yeah, it's definitely creepy as gently caress right now and admitting to not having a FB account is one rung above admitting you watch anime.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't have friends why would I want to use face book

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Ahundredbux posted:

I don't have friends why would I want to use face book

I'll be your friend but I don't use face book.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

I'm playing the long game

I briefly thought this said that you were playing the log game, and I was excited beacuse I thought I was the only person who knew about the log game.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

I'll be your friend but I don't use face book.

Thanks but I'm friends going their own way

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I have one but i rarely post or like anything or even read my news feed so their algorithm doesnt really know what to show me so it is usuallly really bad anyway and id cancel it altogether if i didnt agree w op that only weirdos dont have an fb. fick you mark fuckerberg

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I briefly thought this said that you were playing the log game, and I was excited beacuse I thought I was the only person who knew about the log game.

I have lots of free time since I gave up Facebook that I'm going to find a log right now and play with it.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i like fb but since contouring came in i can't tell any of the girls on there apart

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
facebook locked my account and demanded an ID because I was using a pseudonym with limited personal details. gently caress off creeperberg, zuckercreep

down n out fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 11, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm amazed at people that live their whole lives through FB. My wife included, spends hours and hours a day looking at the phone and scrolling and pressing like. wtf is the point, its very odd.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Darth123123 posted:

I'm amazed at people that live their whole lives through FB. My wife included, spends hours and hours a day looking at the phone and scrolling and pressing like. wtf is the point, its very odd.

this is me and gbs

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
GBS needs a like button for posts or maybe something like an upvote/downvote system.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have a Facebook but I mainly use it to talk to friends over group chat

I'll say that if you are one of those who can't figure out why women don't respond well to you, not having a Facebook looks like you're either a recluse or hiding something

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

setafd posted:

recluse or hiding something

Americans are just dumb with privacy, it'll change in a few years when technology gets creepier

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I keep FB for updates on a closed Anti Illuminati group I was added to.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i have like 40 friends im cool as gently caress

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Ahundredbux posted:

this is me and gbs

Me too. GBS is a lot like Facebook except I don't have to look any of you in the eye the next day after a night of terrible shitposting

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.

setafd posted:

I have a Facebook but I mainly use it to talk to friends over group chat

I'll say that if you are one of those who can't figure out why women don't respond well to you, not having a Facebook looks like you're either a recluse or hiding something

straight up, people without social media confirmed 2 be boston strangler or s/t. i've turned dudes down who have no social media presence whatsoever (including text messaging, imessage, etc) , b/c like what are they hiding?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

down n out posted:

facebook locked my account and demanded an ID because I was using a pseudonym with limited personal details. gently caress off creeperberg, zuckercreep

Lol my name's fake on Facebook. Took my own sisters forever to find me

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

diabeetz posted:

I keep FB for updates on a closed Anti Illuminati group I was added to.

closed by who tho :tinfoil:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

bigfatdynamo posted:

straight up, people without social media confirmed 2 be boston strangler or s/t. i've turned dudes down who have no social media presence whatsoever (including text messaging, imessage, etc) , b/c like what are they hiding?

its okay to live a normal life and not give a poo poo about the lives of people you barely know

i only have a facebook and instashit because i have a teenage daughter

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

vols bitch posted:

its okay to live a normal life and not give a poo poo about the lives of people you barely know

i only have a facebook and instashit because i have a teenage daughter

no, you're a creepy weirdo with some sort of dark secret

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I feel sorry for people with Facebook it fucks with their self-perception.

E:people who scroll Facebook all day I mean.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006
can confirm, am creepy shut-in with no facebook.

no one irl has ever expressed anything other than a mild surprise to the fact i don't have facebook, but maybe this is because they are worried that i might turn them into chili if they offend me.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like to call it Facebutt.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Kingfish posted:

I feel sorry for people with Facebook it fucks with their self-perception.

E:people who scroll Facebook all day I mean.

Seriously. I've said do you need self affirmation every 20 minutes? It didn't go down well. She watches a lot of tru tv and o network.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
The Letterkenny episode about Fartbook had some good jokes in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I don't have Facebook but that is probably due to the fact that I'm a friendless, fat, gay, retard-idiot OP.

• Locked thread