Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lunixnerd posted:

I often wonder how 700lbs people are even possible, I eat poo poo and hardly ever move and I'm just about pushing 24% body fat, there is something to be admired about a person that sits down and with full meaning and forethought shovels food into their face and pushes through the pain and nausea to continue shoveling food into their faces long after everyone else has given up. True american tenacity on display.

:same:

I smoked weed everyday for like 5 years(cut back to weekends recently), and was basically a bottomless pit for lovely junkfood and I am still only around 200lbs. I guess some people have like literally no metabolism or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
lol at the social justice warrior filter

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a living parody

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
WHERE ARE ALL THE GIFS

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
GODDAMN GIMME GIFS GIMMEGIMMEGIMME

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

it has little to do with right or wrong, its just that the opinion of a large group of people holds more value than a small group of people. right or wrong is a separate issue entirely, like its probably wrong to habitually make fun of fat people but I dont care, however the consequences I might face from openly making fun of fatties will have almost nothing to do with the morality of it, its because people dont like being made fun of. however, people as a whole will accept ridicule if they generally feel more shame about it rather than less shame, so if the environment (in this case, lots of fat people) fosters a general air of acceptance then they will much more openly defend themselves against fat shaming

this sort of attitude starts to compound when you combine the fact that a lot of fat people do feel shame but double down on their stance on fat bashing since it alleviates some of the shame (its not your fault!!!!!), but they can only do that because of general acceptance of it we find ourselves in because of the high % of people in question

it's just easier for me to not ridicule groups of people in general because that all seems like more effort than I care for

Lunixnerd posted:

I often wonder how 700lbs people are even possible, I eat poo poo and hardly ever move and I'm just about pushing 24% body fat, there is something to be admired about a person that sits down and with full meaning and forethought shovels food into their face and pushes through the pain and nausea to continue shoveling food into their faces long after everyone else has given up. True american tenacity on display.

You wonder how it is possible for someone who isn't ambulatory to eat that much? Enablers. There's always a mom or something in the background roasting 8 chickens for lunch. No one gets to that point by themselves. Plus you get used to the intake - the stomach stretches. Pain and nausea for you kicks in way earlier than it does for them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bo-Pepper posted:

GODDAMN GIMME GIFS GIMMEGIMMEGIMME

yeah wtf how is this fat chat post america

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
America is getting worse.

Just think about that for a second. All this horrible poo poo we see around us is going to be worse in 10 years. More fatties. Bigger fatties. More SJWs. More SJWs getting what they want.

It wasn't this bad 10 years ago. And it wasn't even close 10 years previously.

So America has fallen off the cliff. The question is when do we hit the bottom? There's not climbing up until we land.

gently caress America. gently caress fat people. gently caress SJWs.

And gently caress You.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it's fat people and SJWs that are the cause of America's woes in the last 20 years.

definitely

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah it's fat people and SJWs that are the cause of America's woes in the last 20 years.

definitely

Oh not at all. The political machine run by a greedy corporations that only function to make more money is the problem. And it started long ago.

The fat people are indicative of the physical health of the countrys people and the SJWs the mental health.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The biggest drain on americas greatness is its timid population, too afraid to stand up to their leaders in force, too passive to enact real change. Instead they allow clowns to run the circus they call their political scene. This is how America falls, not to some great world war or economic collapse, but to an indifferent population too ignorant or hopeless to save their own country from ruin

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

The hallways in my home are painted like this

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

The biggest drain on americas greatness is its timid population, too afraid to stand up to their leaders in force, too passive to enact real change. Instead they allow clowns to run the circus they call their political scene. This is how America falls, not to some great world war or economic collapse, but to an indifferent population too ignorant or hopeless to save their own country from ruin

Yeah we should protest like we did on occupy Wall Street for months at a time, then just have our government look at us and go "yeah no nothing is changing". I agree we need to do something, but what will even work?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
walmartpooporc.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Jesus people need to learn how to throw a punch. What is this move with shoving your hands up in their face and just running at them until you get into a lovely grapple like maneuver?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
customer corral

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Maldoror posted:

walmartpooporc.jpg

WHo are these people

How are they even real

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh not at all. The political machine run by a greedy corporations that only function to make more money is the problem. And it started long ago.

The fat people are indicative of the physical health of the countrys people and the SJWs the mental health.

No the real problem is that sometimes I read the newspaper and a guy at a university said I'm a bad person for not being oppressed enough.

I mean I might get so mad one day I have a heart attack!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

Jesus people need to learn how to throw a punch. What is this move with shoving your hands up in their face and just running at them until you get into a lovely grapple like maneuver?

girl fight moves

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Windows 98 posted:

is your skilled puglist abilities the reason you used a shovel?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

and they were right next to the gardening tools!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

and they were right next to the gardening tools!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do only girls get into fights in walmarts or are there any cool manfights also

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Do only girls get into fights in walmarts or are there any cool manfights also

when i was looking at gifs it was only women. dont know whats up with that

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Why are there so many fights at Wal Mart

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

because poor miserable trash shops there?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Smash it Smash hit posted:

is your skilled puglist abilities the reason you used a shovel?

Well you see, it all started with me beating his rear end with my fists. Then he managed to get away from me and get in his car. I assumed he locked the doors. To coax him out for another round of me pushing his teeth into his anus with my fists I found the shovel laying nearby outside and used it to smash his car, hoping that the property damage would force him out of there. He stayed put but like an idiot forgot to lock the door. So I opened the door and dragged him out of the car and hit him with the shovel while he was half hanging from the drivers seat. :eng101:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Well you see, it all started with me beating his rear end with my fists. Then he managed to get away from me and get in his car. I assumed he locked the doors. To coax him out for another round of me pushing his teeth into his anus with my fists I found the shovel laying nearby outside and used it to smash his car, hoping that the property damage would force him out of there. He stayed put but like an idiot forgot to lock the door. So I opened the door and dragged him out of the car and hit him with the shovel while he was half hanging from the drivers seat. :eng101:

which wal mart was this?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

the public sucks

garbage in, garbage out

(also George Washington called it when he said the USA would fall not from an outside aggressor but from political factionalization)

quote:

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

which wal mart was this?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Windows 98 posted:

lol sweet

also this is too long for a gif but everybody watch it please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5wmKrNxBk

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

poor and nothing to lose

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I think the best aisle to watch a fight in at walmart would be the one with all that knockoff Chinese exploding fake Pyrex bakeware. The visual contrast of millions of twinkly shards of razor sharp lime glass with the gentle soft fat rolls exposed from under a sundered Looney Tunes t-shirt is something I want to one day behold.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol sweet

god drat, at 3:19 the cop executes that guy pretty cold. I guess it was justified though since the dude was literally wrestling with another officer on the ground for his gun that had already gone off

quote:

"COTTONWOOD, AZ - Video from the dashboard camera of a Cottonwood Police Department cruiser showed a close-knit Idaho family that appeared nearly invulnerable to stun guns, police batons and fists during a melee in a Walmart parking lot March 21 in which one person was killed and one officer wounded by a gunshot.

Cottonwood Police Chief Jody Fanning showed the video during a news conference Friday morning and said no matter what tactics officers used, nothing appeared to deter the family of eight. The dash-cam was the only one of three that was operational that night, Fanning said.

Four officers arrived at the Walmart after employees called about one of the Boise, ID, family members pushing an employee to the ground outside one of the store's bathrooms.

The family had gathered outside their older model Chevrolet Suburban when officers arrived. The confrontation started when one of the officers said they would split up the family to talk with them about what happened inside the store, Fanning said.

But the father, 55-year-old Peter Gaver, and one of his sons stepped in and told police they wouldn't allow them to separate the family, Fanning said. Another officer approached the mother, 52-year-old Ruth Gaver, and her 11-year-old daughter when one of the brothers ran in between them.

Police Sgt. Jeremy Daniels grabbed the man and the melee was on, Fanning said.

The family utilized tactics that had to be "taught," Fanning said. For instance, they knew that punching officers on the body was futile because of their protective vests. Instead, the fought
officers by grabbing at their eyes, ears and mouths and pulling hard.

They also had been taught to roll after they were shot with stun guns in order to break the wires and stop the shock, and to appear to give up by putting their hands in the air in order to get close to attack again. The family refused orders to "get on the ground" and eventually overpowered
Daniels. Two of the suspects, including Enoch Graver, battled the officer for his gun, which went off and wounded him in the leg.

Four more officers arrived and Enoch Graver, 21, was shot to death and his 18-year-old brother David Graver was shot in the abdomen.

Even with eight officers on the scene, nothing the officers tried appeared to stop the family, including the use of stun guns, pepper spray and police batons. In almost every instance, the suspects continued to fight the officers. Fanning said to four people to get one of the brothers in handcuffs and two officers to get the remaining male suspects in cuffs.

A Walmart loss prevention employee, whom Cottonwood police knew, was also key in preventing more harm being done to family members or the original four officers on the scene, Fanning
said. The employee fought to protect the officers throughout the brawl.

Fanning said he was not only proud of his officers and the Walmart employee fortheir roles, but of the civilians who came to the aid of Daniels.

The family included the father and sons Jeremiah, 29; Nathaniel, 27; David, Enoch; a 15-year-old boy; mother Ruth Gaver, 52; and an 11-year-old girl.

All were living out of the Chevrolet Suburban and were members of a traveling band called Matthew 24 Now, a reference to a Bible verse dealing with the end of times. The band's Facebook page is rife with Biblical references.

Seven other Cottonwood police officers suffered cuts and bruises.
"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Cottonwood is everything wrong with rural AZ

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
when i think of america i think of hacksaw jim duggan and also americas funniest home videos theme when bob saget hosted god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol sweet

This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

• Locked thread