Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Do it ironically posted:

when i think of america i think of hacksaw jim duggan and also americas funniest home videos theme when bob saget hosted god bless

I honestly feel that the humor in America's Funnies People, the show hosted by Dave Coulier and Arlene Sorkin, that aired after America's Funniest Home Videos, was the more American show. AFV was able to be syndicated globally with no changes, AFP could never make it anywhere outside of the lower 48.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

shadow puppet of a posted:

I honestly feel that the humor in America's Funnies People, the show hosted by Dave Coulier and Arlene Sorkin, that aired after America's Funniest Home Videos, was the more American show. AFV was able to be syndicated globally with no changes, AFP could never make it anywhere outside of the lower 48.

The re-occurring jackelope gag was really terrible and Coulier dated a Canadian so he can't possibly be more american

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
http://samepicofdavecoulier.tumblr.com/

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Zzulu posted:

god drat, at 3:19 the cop executes that guy pretty cold. I guess it was justified though since the dude was literally wrestling with another officer on the ground for his gun that had already gone off

Yeah but I mean im surprised it took that long seriously. Amazing only two shots were fired with an all out 5 minute no bullshit brawl between a crowd of cops and a crowd of crazies and the cop was shot first. And the retards kept going, and kept going, and kept going, how they weren't getting shot after the first shots is just incredible

In a lot of places that'd have lasted 12 seconds and they'd all be dead

naem
May 29, 2011

I don't understand what their goal could have been with all that

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

naem posted:

I don't understand what their goal could have been with all that

through the power of christ they would prevail

I imagine the reality check must have been the realest when they got to jail

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol sweet

also this is too long for a gif but everybody watch it please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5wmKrNxBk

The Hills Have Eyes sequel lookin pretty good.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why is it wrong to mock fat people

because they are AMERICAN

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

also this is too long for a gif but everybody watch it please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ5wmKrNxBk

quote:

All were living out of the Chevrolet Suburban and were members of a traveling band called Matthew 24 Now, a reference to a Bible verse dealing with the end of times.

Gosh I hope Hannah-Barbera makes a cartoon about them traveling the country and solving mysteries. :allears:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Zzulu posted:

WHo are these people

How are they even real

Usually when I go to Walmart, I'll see some huge person in one of the electric carts, and the basket will be filled with nothing but cans of soda (usually Mountain Dew) and packs of Oreos. Sometimes there'll be other stuff, but cases of soda and Oreos are almost always there.

I haven't seen a fight yet, but I did see someone get REALLY angry when some other customer shoplifted a cheap hat, he pointed it out to an employee, and nobody chased the guy down. They don't get paid enough to worry about a $2 hat.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kill Bill remake looking good.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Lmao I worked at this Walmart.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

worldstar

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Too long to be a .gif, also needs sound. This young man shows restraint that I don't think I could muster if I were in his position. Poors picking on the even less fortunate. :downsbravo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwrNiRngMhc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"im gay"

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

WaryWarren posted:

Too long to be a .gif, also needs sound. This young man shows restraint that I don't think I could muster if I were in his position. Poors picking on the even less fortunate. :downsbravo:

"I don't care about you, lady. Shut the gently caress up." is the exact proper response.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Working at walmart must be a fascinating thing, especially checkout

I'd want to wear a body camera but I imagine it's discouraged

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I worked at Walmart for two summers in college. The first summer was overnights and was dumb and boring, but the next summer I was in lawn and garden and I would just sit outside all day watering the plants and it was the best

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
it's fascinating at first until the eventual realization that this is now your life

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

"I don't care about you, lady. Shut the gently caress up." is the exact proper response.

Truly it deserves a :thurman:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Do only girls get into fights in walmarts or are there any cool manfights also

It's hard to tell sometimes, to be honest, because at some point, a fat man is virtually indistinguishable from a fat woman, mostly because XXXXL sizes are kind of niche, and they make them all very generic and unisex so they can literally sell the same shirt to everyone.

Speaking of America:
http://imgur.com/gallery/TYa8o

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

iroguebot posted:

Lmao I worked at this Walmart.

How can you tell? All Walmarts are pretty much identical.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dreddout posted:

How can you tell? All Walmarts are pretty much identical.

Because there was a scuffle between two customers at his place of employ that matches this description.

Just call be Kojak.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Smash it Smash hit posted:

we're the 11th fattest nation, suck it chump

Who dares usurp us

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im drinking bud light...platinum

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h2qNXn8w0U

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

WaryWarren posted:

That lady sounds exactly like Sarah Palin. I don't mean in terms of just content. It's like the exact fuckin' voice.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Some people in these things develop a strange obsession with pinning the throttle at all times. I've seen them flip out and throw tantrums when pedestrians don't immediately fly out of their way so they can barrel down sidewalks at a sprinting pace that their blob self hasn't naturally experienced in decades. Its pretty awesome. That speed racer woman is cool, look at her fuckin' floor it on the egress.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WaryWarren posted:

i hope she gets facefucked until blood gushes from her eye sockets

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

It's great that she's unaware that her food is also subsidized with large piles of tax dollars. And that poors also pay taxes. Almost a freeper bingo

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this is a pretty sweet longcut of the event horizon log footage

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Cottonwood is everything wrong with rural AZ

I'll show you Cottonwood.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

The Protagonist posted:

this is a pretty sweet longcut of the event horizon log footage

Where we're going we won't need the right number of chromosomes

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

je1 healthcare posted:

It's great that she's unaware that her food is also subsidized with large piles of tax dollars. And that poors also pay taxes. Almost a freeper bingo

and that she doesn't care that he works 50-60 hours a week and is using food stamps to get by

hell I'd have just paid for his stuff and told the lady to gently caress off and quit being lovely

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'll show you Cottonwood.

*grabs magnifying glass

Ready when you are Jerry!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

*grabs magnifying glass

Ready when you are Jerry!

BrutalistMcDonalds