Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bunch of robo-mooks just tackling him. I suppose he has proven remarkably resistant to gunfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: Crystal Boy, you had a nonsense plan but you looked cool

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: Catherine, you were the last remaining named character other than Cobra and Lady, so I suppose you had to go

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That was a fun tits 'n' guns space adventure with a neat style. Felt like it dragged a bit after Jane's death, though, even though it's only 100 minutes including credits.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Kimagure and Touch weren't really my thing. Already saw Beautiful Dreamer during the lum av outbreak and skipped Only You for now. Cobra movie has that cool 70's space anime art style I like, if kinda badly animated in places. Went ahead and watched the first episode of the Cobra series as well.

Lord Necron (yeah I watched the dub what of it) seemed like the kind of villain who spent a considerable amount of time swooning over his own hot robot bod.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched Only You. It was okay. It was very much Lum: The Movie, the whole cast showed up and had their gags and it was basically a feature-length episode of the show. Nothing particularly stood out about it to me. Tomorrow I'm going to watch Beautiful Dreamer, which I think will be better.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dragonball
A fourteen year old girl, a boy with a tail, a desert bandit, a shape-shifting pig and a cat. What do they have in common? More importantly, what are they looking for?

It's Dragonball. You know what this is, right? It's the classic of the 80s, and the progenitor of the Western anime boom. If you have only seen DBZ, you'll be surprised how comedic this is and how low the stakes are. Why does Yamcha want the Dragon Balls? To find a wife. You'll also be surprised by how strong everyone is. Goku is strong, but Chaotsu could kick his rear end if he got a good punch in. What a breath of fresh air.

Tonight at 7, magic can happen to you!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
My first exposure to Dragon Ball was from an NES game called Dragon Power, which was literally Dragon Ball with some changes so they didn't have to pay licensing.

I did see DB's original run though (what funi calls the emperor pilaf saga). Here's hoping you picked a hella good mystery movie!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The early Dragonball anime is still quite fun. I prefer the manga but I do have some nostalgia for catching the anime on Toonami.

I always liked it more than Z due to the adventure aspect. Once Goku grows up the series loses a lot of that, and it's a shame.

It's weird to think of its Journey to the West origins today, considering what it turned into.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You expected a write up before 7 pm, but,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiYwLYk_JPY

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE PART 1: PHANTOM BLOOD

Two men chosen by fate, one good, one evil. Their actions and decisions will reverberate forever. Who shall triumph in the end? Good or Evil?

This is the end. JoJo the anime is super 80s. Studio David did a great job making a faux 80s show. This is your homework. Watch this and notice the animation techniques and story beats. They're extremely 80s. Write me an essay about how they make this and what JoJo means to you

To be continued...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched Beautiful Dreamer tonight.

In the first act, I guess my review was that it was a good Mamoru Oshii film and a good film overall, but not a very Urusei Yatsura film. It had amazing cinematography and really well constructed scenes and backgrounds, but nobody was quite acting like themselves and I sort of understood why contemporary fans would be disappointed. I also saw the seeds of influential anime of the future; the first act is so alienating that I couldn't help but be reminded of Haruhi and Evangelion.

Then I saw the rest of the film. It's a really, really good film, that really resonates with me and I'm all aboard the Beautiful Dreamer hype train now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

• Locked thread