Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Id normally do this but its harder to evaporate with the pressure cooker

That's exactly the reason I'm not a huge fan of electric cooking appliances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

We make chicken stock from birds that dont lay eggs anymore but ive never tried it myself. Ill get some next time im making chicken and give it a go.

Id like to try making pulled beef and it sounds like i could then make stock put of it if i get something with alot of bone

In Jacques Pepin's autobiography he says after he was in America for a while and got a rep as a an actual French chef in America some big food corp hired him to come improve some of their packaged food items. When he was there he found out they were throwing away like a huge dumpster of raw beef bones every day -- unthinkable to a chef and especially a French one. He had them start roasting and making stock from them then reducing that stock to a glace and selling that in jars which is how that stuff was handled in France at that time. Six or so months later he heard it wasn't selling well which he thought was absurd so he bought a jar and tasted it and immediately realized they were watering it back down before jarring it to stretch it further.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

In Jacques Pepin's autobiography he says after he was in America for a while and got a rep as a an actual French chef in America some big food corp hired him to come improve some of their packaged food items. When he was there he found out they were throwing away like a huge dumpster of raw beef bones every day -- unthinkable to a chef and especially a French one. He had them start roasting and making stock from them then reducing that stock to a glace and selling that in jars which is how that stuff was handled in France at that time. Six or so months later he heard it wasn't selling well which he thought was absurd so he bought a jar and tasted it and immediately realized they were watering it back down before jarring it to stretch it further.

You read Jacques Pepin's autobiography? A true man of taste.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Pepin's the best! Hey Issac I use my pressure cooker to make rissoto a lot. It takes like six minutes, you should try it :)!

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

esb posted:

what drugs can a pressure cooker make?
and how fast

Moonshine! you can unscrew the safety valve and attach copper tubing to make a still.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
No better way to make saag aloo, agreed op.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Profondo Rosso posted:

other cool things pressure cookers can do: sterilize substrate for growing mad shroomz :catdrugs:

This is the only reason i have a pressure cooker

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

This is the only reason i have a pressure cooker

To be honest you can get away with a brown rice cake done in a normal pot. Just don't be a filthy rear end bitch about it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You read Jacques Pepin's autobiography? A true man of taste.

Mike Tyson's too

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

To be honest you can get away with a brown rice cake done in a normal pot. Just don't be a filthy rear end bitch about it.

Where would the best place for one to read more about such things if one happened to have the inclination?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

crazy cloud posted:

Where would the best place for one to read more about such things if one happened to have the inclination?

erowid? I think that still exist s?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

erowid? I think that still exist s?

~_~

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
The only thing I know how to do in the kitchen is cook that white and whip that water.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I just bought an Instant Pot this weekend and can't wait to try it out.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

The Shroomery.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Every pot is a pressure cooker if you just happen to like cooking at regular atmospheric pressure, which is the traditional way I was taught.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i wish i had a fucken pressure cooker *kicks dirt*

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
Inspired by this thread, I bought this today. The six liter Tefal Secure 5 Neo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Secure-Stainless-Pressure-Cooker/dp/B00RHK1A8W

Diced and tossed a couple of tomatos, onions and carrots in there, with a a handful of pork fillets some ginger, a chopped chili and a crushed clove of garlic.
Man, those carrots were sooooooooft. Tomorrow I'm gonna try carrots, cauliflower and broccoli in coconut milk.

After cooking for around 15 minutes, I gently nudged the steam release valve with a spatula to release some of the pressure
so I could open it. Jesus Christ Cumblast! It went WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHH and never stopped. I was literally
just standing there for the longest time, staring at it, thinking "Isn't it ever going to STOP? How ungodly much pressure did it build up in there really?"
It was like a freaking steam Hiroshima. I think this is gonna be my new fav kitchen toy.

What else should I toss in there?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

autoaim.cfg posted:

Inspired by this thread, I bought this today. The six liter Tefal Secure 5 Neo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Secure-Stainless-Pressure-Cooker/dp/B00RHK1A8W

Diced and tossed a couple of tomatos, onions and carrots in there, with a a handful of pork fillets some ginger, a chopped chili and a crushed clove of garlic.
Man, those carrots were sooooooooft. Tomorrow I'm gonna try carrots, cauliflower and broccoli in coconut milk.

After cooking for around 15 minutes, I gently nudged the steam release valve with a spatula to release some of the pressure
so I could open it. Jesus Christ Cumblast! It went WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHH and never stopped. I was literally
just standing there for the longest time, staring at it, thinking "Isn't it ever going to STOP? How ungodly much pressure did it build up in there really?"
It was like a freaking steam Hiroshima. I think this is gonna be my new fav kitchen toy.

What else should I toss in there?
Spinach and kale after frying an onion or two and some garlic inside the pot first, and adding spices and some mustard seeds. Drain water everyone once in a while until it's just like green-brown delicious sludge. Serve on rice with your choice of meat/potato. Yum.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yea op, bread makers are coming back too! You and your sister can make bread together.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Thanks for inspiring me op i got out the old pressure cooker and made some quick beef short ribs last night they were really tasty

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nice op, you planning on 'discovering' any more decades old innovations? Idiot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pepin owns.
I have a pressure cooker large enough to use as a canner. To seal cans. Of none of your drat business is what.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I don't have a pressure cooker but i have access to an autoclave will that work?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Roger Craig posted:

I don't have a pressure cooker but i have access to an autoclave will that work?

Autoclave my balls

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i wanna be cooked in pressure

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pressure? sounds like something a so-called 'scientist' would come up with. there's only one air pressure out there and it's 'normal', as anybody will tell you. i don't have truck with this satanic wizardry and neither should you

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Actually satanic wizardry is the best and only thing to have truck with, hail Satan take us all to flavortown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
boy i just feel like that is somehow a bad idea

• Locked thread