Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Lazenby was just fine as Bond, but he had to follow up Sean Connery so his grave was dug before they even started filming. I kind of feel bad for him actually. OHMSS suffered from some wonky editing during some of the action scenes but it was nowhere near as bad as I expected, I actually enjoyed it overall.

Also, maybe I've forgotten the rest but I still think Die Another Day had the worst song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Egbert Souse posted:

Alright, here's the list of my most favorite to least favorite :spergin:

<ordered list>

(Haven't seen The World is Not Enough or Never Say Never Again yet)

The OSS 117 movies are hilarious.

Thanks man, my autism was going loving haywire after the original post. At the vets right now as we need to remove all the magnetic letters from the cat (inserted IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Cacator posted:

It was Charles Grey as Blofeld in this one, whose take on the character was apparently "effeminate dandy".

Charles Grey also played Bond's contact in Japan in "You only live twice". And there "effeminate dandy" describes him rather well, too.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

Lazenby was just fine as Bond

He looked bored and confused through the whole movie. He sucks and is ugly.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does anyone else think Daniel Craig looks like a potato?

Yeah he has stunning blue eyes and is reasonable shape, but his face is literal Mr Potato head.

I think I like him.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

spud posted:

Does anyone else think Daniel Craig looks like a potato?

Yeah he has stunning blue eyes and is reasonable shape, but his face is literal Mr Potato head.

I think I like him.

I sure the gently caress do. Daniel Craig is a big stupid warty potato and he belongs in a potato patch.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Licensed to Kill was the best Bond movie therefore Timothy Dalton was the best Bond :colbert:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rape Stink posted:

Licensed to Kill was the best Bond movie therefore Timothy Dalton was the best Bond :colbert:

Yep, I can work with this. Shame Dalton didn't get to do Goldeneye, he would have been a good fit for it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The only reason we had Dalton was because Brosnan was tied up doing Remington Steel so he couldn't do living daylights or license

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The only reason we had Dalton was because Brosnan was tied up doing Remington Steel so he couldn't do living daylights or license

They wanted Dalton to replace Connery but he thought he was too young at the time.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

being 22-24 and playing Goldeneye on N64 was peak 007 and you won't convince me otherwise

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Cacator posted:

They wanted Dalton to replace Connery but he thought he was too young at the time.

how did you quote a post after yours

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

how did you quote a post after yours

He's magical! :boom:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Maybe Brosnan and Lazenby are dark reflections of one another. OHMSS was a great film with a questionable Bond while the Brosnan saga was made up of questionable films with a great Bond.

I would still rate Lazenby over Moore though but each Bond is magical and special and deserves his day in the ~*sun*~

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bond is at his best when hes being a charming prick and exploiting everyone in the room for queen and country (and pussy)

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
George Lazenby comes in to my girlfriend's workplace and flirts with her regularly. :pervert:

Egbert Souse posted:

A View to a Kill - Garbage (how the gently caress do you waste CHRISTOPHER loving WALKEN as a Bond villain?)

I agree, but the same goes for Christopher Lee in Golden Gun.

Ibogaine posted:

My favourite part is when Bond murders a guy in cold blood because otherwise his cover would be blown.

Are you talking about the smuggler/murderer who he was pretending to be at the time?

As Nero Danced posted:

Lazenby was just fine as Bond, but he had to follow up Sean Connery so his grave was dug before they even started filming. I kind of feel bad for him actually. OHMSS suffered from some wonky editing during some of the action scenes but it was nowhere near as bad as I expected, I actually enjoyed it overall.

Also, maybe I've forgotten the rest but I still think Die Another Day had the worst song.

The wonky/frenetic editing was a deliberate experimental choice by the director, and if you realize that while you watch it, it's actually amazing.

It's like an early attempt at the Bourne hand-held/fast edit style, but done entirely in the editing room instead of with shaky-cam, and instead of copying anybody else (like everything since Bourne), the director was actually creating his own style.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Christopher Lee isn't quite as wasted in Golden Gun. It's a mediocre film, but he gets some good screen time. It helps that Lee could be in the worst movie and still be the best thing about it.

I like the editing style in OHMSS. The director, Peter Hunt, was editor on most of the preceding Bond films, including Goldfinger. It really holds up well, but it must have been unusual for 1969.

John Barry's score owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8XNBpIkQpU

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

*puts on spy secret message decoder glasses*

My Q-Face posted:

George Lazenby comes in to my girlfriend regularly. :pervert:

the same goes for Christopher Lee

was a deliberate experimental choice, it's actually amazing.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Name a better Bond, I dare you!

Unironically agree.

And the best Bond girl

And the best intro song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8XNBpIkQpU

(Pleasence was a better Blofeld than Savalas though Savalas was great.)

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Maurice Binder had the best job on the Bond movies. Every two years go to spend a few weeks filming nude models for the title sequence.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It's a good intro definitely not a dud like some of em. It's the better Bond movie I've probably seen the least.

Anyways lets hit PEAK 80s!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVbVT3igdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9p0FJnk2vM

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 13, 2016

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i cant get into brosnan as bond he was kind of a ponce

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rewatching this made me notice: 2nd unit director is John Glen who would go on to direct For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights, and License to Kill as well as editing The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Jaweeeblop posted:

That would also be pretty amazing, honestly! :pervert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Shame we don't live in that alt universe where Sam Neill got the role instead of Dalton

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jaweeeblop posted:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Egbert Souse posted:

The World is Not Enough - Haven't seen yet

wth

the only good part of that one:

Elektra King: I could have given you the world.
James Bond: The world is not enough.
Elektra King: Foolish sentiment.
James Bond: Family motto.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's a callback to OHMSS with lazenby you see

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cry Havoc posted:

it's a callback to OHMSS with lazenby you see

naem
May 29, 2011

Famke janssen has full permission to come squeeze me angrily with her thighs anytime

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Egbert Souse posted:

Niven would have made a great Bond in the 40s, maybe the early 50s. He's fantastic in A Matter of Life and Death.

Roger Moore isn't terrible, he just got stuck with mostly garbage scripts with dumb poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIbhLUUA0

Roger Moores problem was he was to old and looked it.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
The Man With the Golden Gun theme is such a weird mishmash, but then you've also got this catchy dixieland jazz cover that was on the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNPRAGQANM

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Is that the one where she gets killed by Blofeld himself in the shittest driveby ever.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Lazenby sucks even if only for the extended portion where he is undercover as a dork and he is dubbed over with a dork voice. It's a humiliation. They didn't even tell Lazenby he was going to be dubbed over for like a quarter of the movie, he found out watching it at the premiere. Plus I never like it when James Bond goes undercover. He can wear glasses or pretend to have a different job than sexy spy but he should always say that his name is James Bond.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

My Q-Face posted:

Are you talking about the smuggler/murderer who he was pretending to be at the time?

Yeah. I don't think that he was supposed to be a murderer. As far as I remember, he was just a smuggler. And then Bond even botched up his attempt to murder him from behind in the elevator, clumsily smashing the glass behind him.

I loved it because he was so ruthless, and there wasn't even a pretext that justified his approach. Whoever was supposed to keep the smuggler in custody obviously botched the job, and so, because Bond, and supposedly the whole Secret Service, had no plan B, the dude had to die.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

piece brosnan

you need to be chainbated again you stupid bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

naem posted:

Famke janssen has full permission to come squeeze me angrily with her thighs anytime

:agreed:

• Locked thread