Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I for one blame Haula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The best part about this upcoming offseason is going to be the front office having no answer for fans calling for both goaltenders' heads.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well I mean this is twice where Lehtonen has thrown a series deciding game with a dreadful effort in the last three years. Everything I read about GM's and coaches tells me that they know that they will get fired for the slightest perceived failure, so I'm pretty sure that Nill isn't going to let Kari Lehtonen do this to them again next season.

Unfortunately Antti Niemi (aka the worse one) is probably here to stay because he's a Nill signing and therefore tied to the team as long as Nill is here.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Starsfan posted:

Nill didn't bring in Lehtonen, but he never should have put the team in the position where we have to play him even though he's been largely terrible for 3 years now.

He has been terrible and I can't figure out why Daryl Reaugh who is seemingly honest otherwise is all on his D for being an amazing player. Must be the goaltender in his. Or, something.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Starsfan posted:

well I mean this is twice where Lehtonen has thrown a series deciding game with a dreadful effort in the last three years. Everything I read about GM's and coaches tells me that they know that they will get fired for the slightest perceived failure, so I'm pretty sure that Nill isn't going to let Kari Lehtonen do this to them again next season.

Unfortunately Antti Niemi (aka the worse one) is probably here to stay because he's a Nill signing and therefore tied to the team as long as Nill is here.

do you dudes have like ANY prospects waiting in the pipeline? Cause maaaaaaaaan you're hosed. :sigh:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Lehtonen has big money on a NTC & the team doesn't want to eat salary long term. Turns out Joe Niewendyk is not a good general manager. Who knew? We just gotta hope they spend.

Duke Chin posted:

do you dudes have like ANY prospects waiting in the pipeline? Cause maaaaaaaaan you're hosed. :sigh:

It's gonna cost big assets.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
... Niemi in net.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait a second, was that stat the the Blues have played 8 straight 7 game playoff series?

Or was it for a particular player?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Duke Chin posted:

We haven't had any for like...6 years. Jack Campbell has been in the minors forever, he's never coming up

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Rip stars

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
My god get back in net Elliott :stare:

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
:stonk:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
It's pretty remarkable how the Stars' goaltenders can't have more than one good game in a row

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
It was a good season, maybe they can pay both Finns to vanish forever

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

fuuuuck

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Get the puck up, get our dicks up

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
How in the

gently caress

???

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Steve Ott, holding as hard as possible - no call

Like, arm entirely around body and keeping him from skating in: no call.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

3 goals in 8 shots, 4 goals in 10 shots, same thing really.

E: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775424&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post459703525

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's pretty remarkable how the Stars' goaltenders can't have more than one good game in a row

When Ruff says in his post games and says "Well in a long season you need two" I'm always like no YOU need two

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Duke Chin posted:

Steve Ott, holding as hard as possible - no call

Like, arm entirely around body and keeping him from skating in: no call.

That's his secret Duke. He's always committing penalties.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Wait a second, was that stat the the Blues have played 8 straight 7 game playoff series?

Or was it for a particular player?

Just Brouwer. Between his time in Chicago, Washington, and here.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Chairman Wao posted:

That's his secret Duke. He's always committing penalties.

*turns around, punches Jamie Benn in the face, no call*

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

just play with 6 skaters, gently caress

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
It is unreal how bad the Stars goaltending is

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Pierre is such a moron Jesus. This is Rogers final crime against Canada, mismanaging HNIC to the point where we have to have Pierre on the TV.

Fake Edit : :lmao: Niemi

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
This is gonna get uglier.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Combo posted:

Just Brouwer. Between his time in Chicago, Washington, and here.

Ah thanks, I couldn't remember all of the Blues series off the top of my head. That makes a lot more sense though, just because I'd be stunned if people weren't talking constantly about a team doing that for so long.

Welp, I'm starting to think even the Blues can't blow this.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Meet the new goalie, same as the old goalie

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Niemi did not play that well.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

On the plus side, we can trade the first we don't have to give Calgary for a functional motherfucker.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

If I wasn't on my phone and standing in a massive crowd at Ballpark Village I'd have posted John Candy in National Lampoons Vacation saying that the moose should have told you Walley World was closed.

Also ALL THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO APPOSE HIS SHIELD MUST YIELD

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

great goaltending dallas

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
that was a pretty nasty goal though

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Just go through the entire roster until you can find someone to play goalie

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Can Dallas just put a cardboard cut out in the crease and skate a sixth?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
wow.

There are.... no words.

Only the inevitable heat death of the universe.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

marioinblack posted:

*turns around, punches Jamie Benn in the face, no call*

Have no sympathy for the Stars when it's gently caress Steve Ott committing the crimes

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Okay I'm going to leave and come back, hi bewbies hope you're having a blast-o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

marioinblack posted:

Meet the new goalie, same as the old goalie

• Locked thread