Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When did you first try Sriracha sauce?
Younger than middle school (Wow authentic spice lover)
Middle school - High School "The Growth Years" good time to try it.
College - "Learned" about this great sauce at a university haha
Older, found out about Sriracha late in life.
View Results

• Locked thread
Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
When and where did you first have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
April 1984, Kowloon Walled City.

e:

Chinatown posted:

OP, you loving TURD.

Iron Prince fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 12, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I don't like Sriracha. Texas Pete 4 lyfe

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Much like losing my actual virginity, it was unsatisfying, but unlike losing my actual virginity, it didn't get better later.

What is Frank's in this analogy?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

at a pho place

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Parallax Scroll posted:

at a pho place

same, maybe during my preteens?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
college and it doesnt matter its a loving hot sauce, one of many i possess, OP, you loving TURD.

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
i don't know probably never

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
I'd heard that Sriracha was spicy but never had it up until I decided to give it to someone else.

My ex hated spicy things. We were at a party at my ex's friend's house and there was a bottle of Sriracha sitting next to the appetizers. My ex was flirting with someone else, so I decided I would be the better person and pretend that wasn't happening by storming into a jealous rage and instead decided to feed my ex out of the palm of my hand while I innocently pretended like I'd never squirted a ton of Sriracha into the crevices of whatever that shrimpy appetizer thing was. The eyes watered up and a look of pain and a cry of help went to the hostess for a jack and coke. Haha sucker.

Meanwhile back where the food was, some guy was bragging about how he was from India and could tolerate tons of spice. Of course I'm semi drunk and I want to one-up someone who's bragging, so I gave myself a dose of whatever I gave my ex. Indian guy goes wide eyed because a white person was eating something spicy. It was hot, but not horrible. It certainly went well with whatever that shrimp appetizer thing was. I think he was just being dramatic and that my ex was probably a gigantic pussy.

Anyway Sriracha was kind of disappointing. I was expecting the sort of burn one gets from eating a raw habenero. I don't dislike it but it's not like OMG YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL YOUR ANUS BURN kind of hot either.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sriracha is for scrubs. Lao Gan Ma spicy chili crisp is the true king of hot condiments.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Trojan.exe posted:

I'd heard that Sriracha was spicy but never had it up until I decided to give it to someone else.

My ex hated spicy things. We were at a party at my ex's friend's house and there was a bottle of Sriracha sitting next to the appetizers. My ex was flirting with someone else, so I decided I would be the better person and pretend that wasn't happening by storming into a jealous rage and instead decided to feed my ex out of the palm of my hand while I innocently pretended like I'd never squirted a ton of Sriracha into the crevices of whatever that shrimpy appetizer thing was. The eyes watered up and a look of pain and a cry of help went to the hostess for a jack and coke. Haha sucker.

Meanwhile back where the food was, some guy was bragging about how he was from India and could tolerate tons of spice. Of course I'm semi drunk and I want to one-up someone who's bragging, so I gave myself a dose of whatever I gave my ex. Indian guy goes wide eyed because a white person was eating something spicy. It was hot, but not horrible. It certainly went well with whatever that shrimp appetizer thing was. I think he was just being dramatic and that my ex was probably a gigantic pussy.

Anyway Sriracha was kind of disappointing. I was expecting the sort of burn one gets from eating a raw habenero. I don't dislike it but it's not like OMG YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL YOUR ANUS BURN kind of hot either.

all these loving words and you never even mentioned how it actually tastes. christ.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

One time in grade 10 i was eating a tuna fish sandwich and i put it down for 10 seconds to take a quick chug of doctor pepper when a bully (part of the "bully cliche" we had in our school) snapped in out of nowhere and took my sandwich. I tried to get him in a headlock and beat the poo poo out of him but the rest of the bully cliche came up behind me and 3 of them grabbed me and made me watch while the original bully who took my sandwich pulled out a bottle of sriracha, ripped off the top piece of bread, tossing it on the ground - while laughing about it- and put a huge glob of it directly onto the tuna.

Took me 30 minutes to finish eating that sandwich, sitting there on the lunch room floor covered in nasel runoff and sweating my clothes through while they uttered threats about punching my face if i didn't finsh.
Needless to say I've never had it since.

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 12, 2016

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Screw all that nonsense. You understand your body when you try a ghost pepper. Not recommending it, perhaps suggesting it.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
hi skylark

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Zeluth posted:

Screw all that nonsense. You understand your body when you try a ghost pepper. Not recommending it, perhaps suggesting it.

All the restaurants near me have weak ghost pepper stuff. It sucks when most of the spicy offerings in non-wing places barely register as hot after they play themselves up. How does the actual pepper compare to like Dave's Insanity Sauce because in early high school I put that on a taco at a potluck not knowing how it was and it ruined me.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hi jivehonky

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Iron Prince posted:

hi jivehonky

ohaio!

sports
Sep 1, 2012
2003, out at a Thai restaurant for the first time (Now, Indian Garden (kindergarten field trip) on Devon Ave. in chicago was my first encounter with spice, it was Garam Masala and I L-O-V-E-D IT!!!!) while I was in the third grade.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
in my early 20s I discovered pho and it was awesome and so a group of us went out for it, one guy laughed at HOT COCK SAUCE because it's called HOT COCK SAUCE and those of us who'd been before said be careful, it's pretty hot so he poured a glob of it in his bowl and ate some noodles and said "it's not that hot" and poured some more in and ate some more noodles and said "I guess it's okay" and then took a sip of soup and realized the sauce does not stick to the noodles, not at all

it was just like watching someone new to sushi putting a gumball-sized blob of wasabi on their fish, you want to warn them but you don't want to give away the surprise either and spoil the fun

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

sports posted:

2003, out at a Thai restaurant for the first time (Now, Indian Garden (kindergarten field trip) on Devon Ave. in chicago was my first encounter with spice, it was Garam Masala and I L-O-V-E-D IT!!!!) while I was in the third grade.

What was it like living in a world without spice your whole life? That sounds rough.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Red Minjo posted:

All the restaurants near me have weak ghost pepper stuff. It sucks when most of the spicy offerings in non-wing places barely register as hot after they play themselves up. How does the actual pepper compare to like Dave's Insanity Sauce because in early high school I put that on a taco at a potluck not knowing how it was and it ruined me.

Daves Insanity is a tincture needed for 50% off salsa. No.

It is weird. The aftertaste of these peppers are so great. I don't think it is worth putting yourself through torture for it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lmao women love sriracha very funny joke skyfark

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

lmao women love sriracha very funny joke skyfark

Umm, I don't think that's a thing...

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Umm, I don't think that's a thing...

skyfark is very real

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

Chinatown posted:

all these loving words and you never even mentioned how it actually tastes. christ.

That's the thing, I've had it several times since and nothing makes it memorable.

Not like ghost pepper anything which starts out sort of sweet and smokey before there is a burn that doesn't feel like it will ever end but in a good and tasty way. If Hell is like a ghost pepper, that's the place for me.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I actually first heard of it when I saw this http://youtu.be/ViOtcBnNPC0 as part of a film festival at a local silent theater in Portland. Pretty good stuff!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

skyfark is very real

I mean I don't think women are super into hot sauces.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

cool

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I actually first heard of it when I saw this http://youtu.be/ViOtcBnNPC0 as part of a film festival at a local silent theater in Portland. Pretty good stuff!

Huh!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

I can't compare it to Dave's Insanity Sauce as I have never had it.

But actual ghost pepper sauce that isn't watered down and hyped up crap is no joke, and I have a high tolerance for spice.

IMHO my favourite ghost pepper sauce is Ghost Train which has the burn but still a good flavour. It's especially good with red meat and chicken.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

What was it like living in a world without spice your whole life? That sounds rough.

What's it like, never growing out of diapers?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I had a roomate who really enjoyed eating plain rice with the rooster sauce on it, at the time I was the kind of guy who'd order the mildest option at a place that asked you how spicy you'd like it. His sriracha rice was literally the spiciest poo poo I had ever had at the time but it didn't take me long to get used to it and start liking the flavor behind the spice. Your taste buds literally become desensitized to the spicy sensation the more you experience it so straight up anyone can enjoy spicy food if they try it enough. Now I enjoy much stronger stuff that gets people sweating but still think it is really dumb when someone acts like their spice tolerance is impressive or worth making a big deal about, the reality is really spicy food to me now feels about the same as that first bowl of sriracha rice, being able to handle hot food doesn't mean poo poo other than your having a higher tolerance cause you've had more exposure.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

"Women don't eat hot sauce" is the most fuckboi thing I've heard all day

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Skylark posted:

welcome to falun bong refugee camp lol

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
calling sriracha a hot sauce is pretty fuckboi too

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

mdm posted:

calling sriracha a hot sauce is pretty fuckboi too

white people heh

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Skylark posted:

When you hear it let me know.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I first put Sriracha up my butt 3 years ago. I was underwhelmed.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Chinatown posted:

Sriracha is a green earthy tasting sauce with a lot of back of the mouth burn. The tricky thing is its actually a paste and pretty much stays as a paste the whole time unless you smear it. So people almost always put to much on it at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
too soon :smith:

• Locked thread