Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What's important is whether or not they will sell me enough of those that I can play live Puyo Puyo with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

BTW, Omega Quintet is currently FOUR DOLLARS on PSN for the E3 sale, so you should buy that and talk about how terrible it is here.

This is coming from someone who has bought the game twice, once as a physical full-price preorder.

I bought it and while it has a lot of flaws for whatever reason I'm enjoying myself. I'm in episode 5 right now. Granted, I bought some of the DLC equipment to make my playthrough less grindy.

It's weird that Takt has no jump lines while in the office. Poor guy.

I also bought Neptunia VII and look forward to finally going through that but feel like playing Omega Quintet will make me appreciate more what they learned from and improved in VII.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

In spite of the series attempt to undermine her, Nepgear became the fan favorite as well as one of the dev favorites. She's the favorite of the main translator, so I'm sure he worked extra hard to make her dialogue great, which it is. And Christine Marie Cabanos has a great voice for her.

You can see Nepgear's evolution in how she went from being "The younger, more reasonable Nep (aka the boring one)" to having her own distinct personality and dynamic with characters. They focused a lot on her being a huge techie, so she has does a lot with her N-Gear in V2, makes the Nepulus Rift (temp) for the tutorial dungeon of RB3, and is able to further her relationship (OTP) dynamic with Uni by being a little gun nerd with cutscenes that address it.

Gearsy is the best.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I feel like the grinding in Idea Factory RPGs is a general problem, but that's a matter of opinion. I prefer in RPGs where I'll be powerful enough if I just fight the encounters that I come across, so long as I employ strategy and pay attention. IF Rpgs pretty much want you to do everything you can in an area before moving on, and even that often doesn't feel like enough. In Neptunia games and Omega Quintet in particular you just gain so small of stat gains from leveling up that if you're having trouble with a boss then you're going to need many levels before it feels like the scales have tipped in your favor.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I prefer the game to be odd and break the fourth wall. It's a series of comedy games that may have their serious moments, but ultimately are meant to be about silly video game console girls going on adventures.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Some restaurants have a cheeseburger and then a jr. cheeseburger for less. Idea Factory offers the Nep for $6 so they offer the Nep Jr. for $3.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The Blanc game isn't very good. Just play more VII.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Omega Quintet is simultaneously worth $4 and also not anything that anybody should subject themselves to of their own free will.

edit:

FewtureMD posted:

How does Noire hold up as an actual SRPG? Is the gameplay fun?

The game is designed in a sloppy manner. There are traps on maps that end your turn but don't ever affect enemies, and you can't specify your path to go around a trap so the presence of one means you often either have to waste turns walking around it or just walk onto it to save moves.

Also if you're someone who cares about trophies the game's lily rank trophies take about 24 hours of straight grinding if you do them with perfect efficiency.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If you get all the platinum trophies in all the Nep games Neptune will come to your house and give you a pudding cup, my uncle who works at the Basilicom in Lowee told me so.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

Man, I sure do love owning a console.

e: Holy poo poo, the weapon packs are only regularly priced at $5? What a gigantic middle finger to the PS4 players.

Next: A Neptunia game where all the CPUs struggle because a PC CPU comes along and offers better prices for the same products.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

"Ultimate" came out last, annoyingly, and it features 3 weapons for each character with varying benefits. If you're going to go with a pack, go with that one.

Just a note that in the ultimate set, two of the 3 weapons for each character are really good, one of which has a 10% exp bonus, but the third weapon is a joke weapon. It has better stats but you will die in 4 turns if you equip it as a result of taking 25% hp damage every turn. You can still use it but you either need to win quickly or heal frequently.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I just hope that whatever this is that Otoha has the decency to bring none of Omega Quintet's mechanics with her.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Dammit, I wanted a Smash Bros clone, not a Hearthfire clone. This is something that would be announced as a side project, not a main announcement.

This game should be tossed in a hearthfire.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

A Plutia game would put many a titty game on Vita to shame I imagine. It'd be Criminal Girls: Nep Edition.

This was awhile ago but I like to imagine in a Plutia game she'd be Iris Heart the whole time and be the villain, and you'd play as Battletoads knockoffs working to defeat her.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
4 Goddesses Online is going to be not very good and I am going to buy it and 100% it anyway because that is how Neptunia goes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Good, the correct way to play Neptunia games is to end up with a pile of screenshots at the end.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Now I'm looking through various screenshots I have and this one made me wonder how long they were hoping they'd get to one day make Neplunker a reality before it actually happened.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Saint Freak posted:

Remember the time she murdered all of her friends?

I want a game where that Nepgear is the villain.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Every Nep game I played has always left me with a sense that if I go gain a few levels, I don't actually feel more powerful than I was before, and it's only if I go to a much earlier area that I eventually realize "oh, I must have gained a lot of power, but I sure never felt it."

The balancing of the series is just weird.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

HGH posted:

Clearly this requires drastic measures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKxio8HZiNA

If you put this on as background noise while grinding lily ranks in Hyperdevotion Noire, you'll be about 40% done by the time the video is over!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dehry posted:

Like a bunny!

A rabbit is just a poor girl's kangaroo!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That is a lily rank line between Neptune and Ram in Neptunia U.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like the premise of the new Nep game but watching some videos the levels have this kind of bare, empty feel. Did Tamsoft improve any or do I know the answer to my own question already?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

Re;Birth3 has an issue that carries over from Victory and thus can't really be helped: everyone has something to say, and they all talk for forever. The script is just exhausting to get through, and I couldn't deal with it after already having dealt with Victory.

Whether or not they have something to contribute, as if the Nep characters had all gotten together to discuss Nintendo Switch rumors.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
How did they resist calling it Neptunia Rebirth1 Rebirth1?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thinking about Rebirth 1 again made me remember what a good battle theme Splash is and I really wish it'd pop up again in some form in a boss fight later in the series or something.

One thing I've felt Neptunia always liked was any kind of identifiable theme that you hear and immediately think "That's Nep!"

Except for this, I guess.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dehry posted:

Idea Factory doesn't want to kill off any characters that weren't already dead prior to Neptune's generation. Any new consoles will be power levels.

I so badly want a dramatic, over the top Dragonball Z style transformation where Blanc becomes the Switch equivalent.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Last night I caved and bought a PSVR just to be able to enjoy the upcoming release of VII-R to the fullest.

I started playing this series because I remember a random thread on here years ago saying it was terrible and I was able to get Victory for $10. It didn't look that bad from Youtube videos I checked so I gave it a shot, and I think at first I was kinda hate playing it but by the end I really liked it. I drink my morning coffee out of a Nep Nep mug now, and I just bought a Nepulus Grift so I can play more Nep. What happened?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dehry posted:

Aw, I was hoping for Austin Texas.

Come ooooooon Akiba's Nep!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Nep VIIR please come out already so I can trip over my coffee table trying to give Nep a high five.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
From just the little peek that video gives us I think it looks potentially great and I am ready to do this when it comes out.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I thought I'd throw some money at these forums so I changed my name to fit my favorite Neptunia character.

"grand theft grotto" was such a mouthful of a username

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I will buy LE for that controller skin yes.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I tried tuning into this but it was unbelievably boring because when I tuned in they were polling the audience on every individual action in battle and I am glad everybody who thought that was fun enjoyed themselves.

I did remember to preorder my LE today though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If Brave Neptune ends up having a VP feel to it in gameplay then I will buy it at any price if as a throwaway gag Melissa Fahn gets to shout "To my side, my noble einherjar!" or something equivalent.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh IFI please bring the Switch version to NA also those battle screenshots really make me love the look of this game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Recycling Centerpiece posted:

The only Neps I have left to 100% on Steam are Hyper Noire and Blanc vs Zombies and I'm not sure I care about them. Are either secretly really good?

Nuh uh, YOU'RE the one wasting your life.

Neither are! Also the lily rank grinding in Hyperdevotion Noire takes about 24 hours by itself if you do the grinding inputs optimally. Just don't do this to yourself.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i’m glad you have correctly judged nepgear as best girl, but you’re only trading one jump phrase for another.

I love the hidden dialogue in Neptunia U about jump lines.

"A rabbit is just a poor girl's kangaroo."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also got my LE in. They really did get me to buy a remake of a game I already own on the same console. Good job Nep team.

edit: I was initially skeptical of their decision to massively overhaul the systems of VII for VIIR but so far I like the changes.

edit2: Characters get lily rank experience just for being in the battle party together. It's like they're actually learning and trying to improve!

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

why can't i stop playing this dumb game

You're one of us now, and like us you will never find a satisfying answer to this question.