Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

truly the mother teresa of chimpanzees, god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

CJacobs posted:

He got thousands of letters, emails, phone calls about what the drat cow tools were. Thousands.

Somehow I doubt he got any emails in 1982.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad she isn't dead.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

Jennifer Lawrence should play sexy young autistic Jane Goodall in the movie

Yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

My Q-Face posted:

Somehow I doubt he got any emails in 1982.

Gary Larson and the comic continued to exist after the year 1982 so

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Him posted:

What many people don't know is that she'd often go down to South Africa and work the stage to make enough money to subsidize her chimp studies.

I'm aroused.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Jane Goodall was actually two chimps in a skinsuit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They should make a competing movie for her called Chimps in The Fog, or some such other poo poo.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

Jane Goodall was actually two chimps in a skinsuit.

wow, any other childhood dreams and heros you want to smash?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

satanic splash-back posted:

wow, any other childhood dreams and heros you want to smash?

The King of Cartoons was Pee-Wee Hermans power-bottom.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The King of Cartoons was Pee-Wee Hermans power-bottom.

well that's not nearly as surprising as ms. goodall's true nature

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
in related news that woman's , who had her face (and hands) torn off by a chimp, body is rejecting the face transplant

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Just think about it, she didn't even get an undergraduate degree before going to study primates. If she ran off to Africa to live with chimps (talking about literal chimpanzees please don't misconstrue that) nowadays without any formal education there'd probably be a GBS thread calling her a stupid bitch and betting on when she'd get mauled to death

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Just think about it, she didn't even get an undergraduate degree before going to study primates. If she ran off to Africa to live with chimps (talking about literal chimpanzees please don't misconstrue that) nowadays without any formal education there'd probably be a GBS thread calling her a stupid bitch and betting on when she'd get mauled to death

Apparently there's still time??

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Him posted:

What many people don't know is that she'd often go down to South Africa and work the stage to make enough money to subsidize her chimp studies.

Lmao check out all the dudes going "hmmmm indeed" and the one fat guy in the middle with a dopy grin.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Jane Goodall didn't gently caress a chimp, you're confusing her with that other chick that jerked off dolphins for :airquote:research:airquote:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Maybe if she finished her degree before beginning her studies then her work would actually be worthwhile science instead of useless speculation based on emotional attachment

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
disregard that i was thinking of a different crazy old white woman that's way into apes

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

come on Hogge Wild the thread isnt that big you could have skimmed through at least.

thanks for the bump though :wink:

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

Jane Goodall didn't gently caress a chimp, you're confusing her with that other chick that jerked off dolphins for :airquote:research:airquote:

Looks like more was going on than just jerking off

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

JiveHonky posted:

come on Hogge Wild the thread isnt that big you could have skimmed through at least.

thanks for the bump though :wink:

i'm more of a poster than reader, but sure, here's another comic about her:

frodo was the name of one her chimps

here in a photo

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
pretty good likeness!

:wink:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grate deceiver posted:

Ummmm, didn't she have the first gorilla/human hybrid baby? :baby:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Ummmm, didn't she have the first gorilla/human hybrid baby? :baby:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Should Humanzee have the same rights as full human? If so, what bathroom should they use?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/faj.aspx

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Similarly, the possibility of a chimpanzee–gorilla hybrid, known as koolakamba, also remains unsubstantiated.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

JiveHonky posted:

Awards

1980: Order of the Golden Ark, World Wildlife Award for Conservation
1984: J. Paul Getty Wildlife Conservation Prize
1985: Living Legacy Award from the International Women's League
1985: Society of the United States; Award for Humane Excellence, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
1987: Ian Biggs' Prize
1987: Golden Plate Award, Academy of Achievement
1989: Encyclopædia Britannica Award for Excellence on the Dissemination of Learning for the Benefit of Mankind; Anthropologist of the Year Award
1990: The AMES Award, American Anthropologist Association; Whooping Crane Conservation Award, Conoco, Inc.; Gold Medal of the Society of Women Geographers; Inamori Foundation Award; Washoe Award; The Kyoto Prize in Basic Science
1991: The Edinburgh Medal
1993: Rainforest Alliance Champion Award
1994: Chester Zoo Diamond Jubilee Medal
1995: Commander of the Order of the British Empire, presented by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II; The National Geographic Society Hubbard Medal for Distinction in Exploration, Discovery, and Research; Lifetime Achievement Award, In Defense of Animals; The Moody Gardens Environmental Award; Honorary Wardenship of Uganda National Parks
1996: The Zoological Society of London Silver Medal; The Tanzanian Kilimanjaro Medal; The Primate Society of Great Britain Conservation Award; The Caring Institute Award; The Polar Bear Award; William Procter Prize for Scientific Achievement
1997: John & Alice Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement; David S. Ingells, Jr. Award for Excellence; Common Wealth Award for Public Service; The Field Museum's Award of Merit; Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement; Royal Geographical Society / Discovery Channel Europe Award for A Lifetime of Discovery
1998: Disney's Animal Kingdom Eco Hero Award; National Science Board Public Service Award; The Orion Society's John Hay Award
1999: International Peace Award; Botanical Research Institute of Texas International Award of Excellence in Conservation, Community of Christ International Peace Award

Tournament of Roses Parade Grand Marshal Dr. Jane Goodall, 11th female Grand Marshal, at Tournament House, 2012
2001: Graham J. Norton Award for Achievement in Increasing Community Livability; Rungius Award of the National Museum of Wildlife Art, USA; Roger Tory Peterson Memorial Medal, Harvard Museum of Natural History; Master Peace Award; Gandhi/King Award for Non-Violence
2002: The Huxley Memorial Medal, Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland; United Nations "Messenger of Peace" Appointment
2003: Benjamin Franklin Medal in Life Science; Harvard Medical School's Center for Health and the Global Environment Award; Prince of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Achievement; Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire, presented by His Royal Highness Prince Charles; Chicago Academy of Sciences' Honorary Environmental Leader Award
2004: Nierenberg Prize for Science in the Public Interest; Will Rogers Spirit Award, the Rotary Club of Will Rogers and Will Rogers Memorial Museums; Life Time Achievement Award, the International Fund for Animal Welfare; Honorary Degree from Haverford College
2005: Honorary doctorate degree in science from Syracuse University
2005: Honorary doctorate degree in science from Rutgers University
2005: Presented with Discovery and Imagination Award
2006: Received the 60th Anniversary Medal of the UNESCO and the French Légion d'honneur.
2007: Honorary doctorate degree in commemoration of Carl Linnaeus from Uppsala University
2007: Honorary doctorate degree from University of Liverpool
2008: Honorary doctorate degree from University of Toronto
2009: Honorary doctorate degree from National University of Córdoba[63]
2011: Honorary doctorate degree from American University of Paris
2011: Grand Officer of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
2012: Named Grand Marshal of the 2013 Tournament of Roses Parade[64]
2012: Honorary doctorate degree from National Tsing Hua University (NTHU, Taiwan)

What do you suppose is the best monkey award a person can get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ork of Fiction posted:

What do you suppose is the best monkey award a person can get?

The "I spent 40 years around chimps and didn't get my face/hands/genitals torn off" award

• Locked thread