Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Thread has a distinct lack of mentioning Trimps. It's not to the level of Realm Grinder, but it is one of the best incremental games that gets regular updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
AFK + ALL upgrades all heroes, AFK + anything else only upgrades the last one you purchased.

And yea, I hit a wall at ~330 also but once you break past that wall and get just a bit stronger the game opens up and I went from ~350 to a run that is pushing 700 and still going strong.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I was getting blocked at 2500 before I got the extender. It alone pushed me several thousand levels higher.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Idle Mage is neat but has the same issue that most mobile idle games do in that it has godawful progress if the app isn't open and running.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You can put spells farther to the left to increase their XP gain. That 100%/50%/25%/etc. stuff isn't for show, if a spell you really need to rank up is going slow put it farther left. There's later ways to increase your idle XP too, one of which is gained by a currency you only get through idling.

The first part has literally nothing to do with idle progress though? I am well aware of how the spell xp works, but the issue is that according to the stats in game my active spell xp rate is 100/s and idle is 4.17/s. It feels like if I close the game my progress comes to a halt outside of research or enchanting.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's not area cause I can hold five in the starting area, it might be arms upgrades?

Just did the quick math, each level you go deeper gives half the amount of stats as the previous. Head for example gives 1.66 int for the top level, then .88, then .44, etc.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 27, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I only played for a minute but that second one looks like just re-skinned cookie clicker and seems pretty dead from the subreddit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Crusaders of the Lost Idols continues to be the better and more balanced game, for now. I did like the upgrade system in Forgotten Realms though most of them being a choice between damage and not damage made it pointless in most cases.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ariong posted:

EDIT: Are some factions just worse than others?

Every faction has a time where it shines, the game changes wildly at certain points that can change a faction from complete garbage to the #1 in a single reincarnation.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

DaveKap posted:

It's more idley and straight forward than your typical idler/clicker. The clicking is imbalanced so that it's pointless, even with an auto-clicker, in late game and the main "growth" you do in the game is blind-box purchasing for equipment upgrades. It gets old if you hate blind boxes.

I tried Idle Champions for a while but all it ended up doing was making me go back and play more Crusaders of the Lost Idols, the game it is based on. Crusaders is a very similar game, but with a lot more ways to mitigate the gear RNG and less incentive to spend real money I feel.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I bounced off NGU a lot at first but back into it now and having fun as my work idler since it doesn't require fully active play but still has a lot of different things to focus on. I am a bit bummed I lost my save from pre Kongregate but I'm already further than it was so no big deal.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mayor McCheese posted:

More NGU chat:

Clock Tower seems to be the first major wall for me. Even with +drop chance I'm seeing gear drop ~20 minutes. I'm curious how you guys pushed through it.

Gear drops start to get more and more rare the higher you get, to incentivize getting increased drop rate sources.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cowman posted:

Hey something I have a feature request/question. I usually leave the game idling so the recommended adventure stats thing is pretty useless to me. It would be nice if there was an "Idle Mode Recommended Stats" or something like that. I realize I could easily just not idle it but it would be nice to know what stats are good for the next level. I'm currently at 612 Power and 539 Toughness and I can't idle past the cave.

That can be found on the wiki for now.

http://nguadventure.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

pixaal posted:

Also pick up some tower perks. The power cap and NGU multipliers are crazy good and you still get titan loot so there shouldn't be a loss of gear for you.

What would you say are the priorities for the tower perks? You mentioned Power/Cap/NGU, anything else that should be gotten first?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Even a tiny % would be a huge boost to speeding up challenges. Can't wait!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The only feedback I can see is that they have to reset to 0 on starting a new challenge right? But then mid-challenge rebirths they would work.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I put off challenges for a long time, got to Walderp with only 1-2 of each challenge done besides ~15 basics. After getting the Candy Cane I went back and started pushing through them, and while it requires a bit more active play you still only have to check in every 15 minutes or so for the most part. I finished all the basics and no augments, and have been rotating through 24 hour / 100 level / no rebirth.

The huge amounts of AP from challenges is a big deal for unlocking a lot of the more powerful shop items and something some people might be overlooking.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

pixaal posted:

I doubt it was just us. There's people farming cube stats way more on discord. The stat gain from it is crazy good though if you can get to floor 450 and 1 shot it (1k boosts!) along with the accompanying boost boosts. I went from 700k total in the cube to almost 5m in a week. Honestly the cube needed this or it was going to be the primary source of stats, and this is pretty unavoidable without making gear take forever to boost and feel unfun.

Yea, would also mean that there's no gear "softcaps" so people at the cube farming stage would be impossible to balance around as new gear would either have to have several orders of magnitude higher stats or be near worthless to them. Good to catch it now before it got too out of hand.

pixaal posted:

I agree with NGU being popular because you can make progress from long idles. It makes a pretty good middle ground, currently it's more on the side of longer runs and that's fine, it's better than being forced into really short runs and causing burn out. I still really like the 15/30 slot and would love for something to make that worthwhile over a 12h/24h for end game but I'm really at a loss for what that'd even look like.

The longer runs is what makes it good to me, and the challenges are a great way to introduce rewarding shorter runs without them being something you have to keep farming forever.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It is, but much less so than Forgotten Realms as there are ways to get the items outside of the event loot boxes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's been a bit since a new major update that urged buying AP I think. Gold Diggers are really strong but I don't feel a great need to buy more of them than the 5 I have right now, 6 or 7 would certainly be enough to cover everything. That and the Tower added a solid amount of AP/day for free so people may not be feeling that urge when they know it will come over time. I spent a bit at the start to get the key stuff, but now I am just coasting by on challenge/tower AP.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea right now my daycare is King Looty and AAAP so I can farm the tower instead of slowly grinding those out.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Opinions on my next PP purchases? Everything in the picture is maxed out.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I figured Gold and Boost 2 would be the right choice just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I pretty much only do 24h+ runs besides a few challenges I still need to finish out so the beard/bar stuff isn't too important right now.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They are like beards, they do not give the full effect on rebirth until 24 hours have passed in that rebirth.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
As long as you gild your 2s as the first 4 it's pretty easy to build a full deck in a single prestige every time. But I am not sure I want to keep playing to see if what changes once you gild all 52 cards.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Cube, Blood Magic, Yggdrasil, Beards and Gold Diggers are your long term adventure growth. Make sure your Fruit of Adventure is level 24 and using poop, and focus hard on your Ygg NGU(and exp NGU).

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Kong just seems to be the central place for idle games, most new games seem to be there first/exclusively, so you likely get a lot more people randomly browsing for them on Kong. Likely also means people playing them on Kong are going to play them for longer/spend money on them.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You unlock auto hire with Temples which doesn't take that long, and you get passive gold generation as soon as you have Forest Camps which make early rebirths less important.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I think it was around 200T power/75T toughness, with BEAST MODE on.

Yea at 200/80 I am still losing a bit of HP with beast mode on, I'd bet somewhere around 100T toughness would be fully safe.

EDIT: Idling right now without Beast mode and losing no hp, just slower.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 4, 2018

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea drat that Wandoos nerf is pretty rough, I was feeling somewhat OK with doing some evil challenges but now they look impossible.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

Main things I'd like for NGU right now:
  • A QOL feature to automatically drop 12 energy onto basic training at the start of each rebirth.
  • An indication of the total time that it takes for my energy/magic caps to max out. My strategy for deciding when to spend EXP on Bars is that I want to have my caps maxed within 15 minutes, but figuring out whether or not I'm at that point requires a bit of trial and error.

The first one is a shop purchase for 10k AP. The second you can see if you hover over your energy/magic bars before they are capped.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Wrong thread!

EDIT: But on that note, what level do the two new evil stages unlock at?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Manyorcas posted:

Questing is cool, but I have a feature request: the ability to chose to do either a minor or a major quest if you have major quests available.

This please, I want to let a minor quest run overnight or while I am away and do my major quests manually.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's a cool concept but right now you feel pretty "done" with the game after two prestiges.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea holy crap the Kartridge version uses so much less system resources, this is fantastic. Might even be preferred to Steam since I don't really need Steam thinking I am in a game 24/7.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Agent355 posted:

just save/load a local file

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

So which is it, 5% or 25%?

Both.

Minor quests give 20% of the base QP, the perk makes that 25%. So you're going up 5% of the base QP, but it's actually an increase of 25% earned QP.

20% + 5% = 25%
20% x 1.25 = 25%

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
IMO I prefer the Kartridge version to anything on Steam, as I'd rather not have Steam show me in an idle game 24/7 and as such I tend to avoid playing any of them there. The main draw is the performance boost, and the Kartridge version does that fantastically so at least for myself there's no reason to swap.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Agent355 posted:

You can specifically tell steam not to show certain games online afaik. A feature most commonly used for questionable anime games by otherwise reasonable goons, but it'd work for idle games too. I'm not sure exactly how it's done but I seem to recall reading it was possible.

That would be useful for sure, had not heard of it but it does make sense.

pixaal posted:

There's people that only play games that show up in Steam / App stores and don't say look for a game then figure out how to play it. So it's a bunch of potential players. As far as switching from browser to stand alone? Pretty much Kart handles the performance issues I wont make the switch, but I also wouldn't fault Something for growing the playerbase.

Yea, I 100% get why he'd want the game on Steam. It's not for current players, but drawing in new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Buzkashi posted:

What are the sources of Wish Slots at the moment? QP, Troll challenge, and ???

The new Pink Heart.