Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In Realm Grinder. Im still in R0.

I have druids unlocked and have 24T gems. So im still far far away from a reincarnation. Should abdicate and play titans for more gems? Then once they slow down, just keep abdicating and playing them until i get more and more gems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Microcline posted:

There's a lot that idle games can learn from Factorio. Like Shark Game, Factorio emphases the paradigm shift aspect while most of the current browser games emphasize waiting for weeks with little new content. You can wait for things, but your time is generally better spent improving production.

Although it may just be that I'm not into idle games and I just like the ones that overlap with simulators and engineering games.

Im running shark game. My current gate is asking for 100m science....... its probably going to take me as long as ive been playing (about 4 worlds) to get that ><

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Benly posted:

When you need massive science, bear in mind that kelp generates sea apples and sea apples can be dissected for science. Once you have your recycler running you can produce a few billion kelp and dissect the resulting apples until you have however much science you need.

Sounds like a good plan. Ive got more crabs than i know what to do with, ill turn them into kelp farmers now.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

this one is what i use
http://shark-game.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_Game_Wiki

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ranter posted:

Click 'eat 100'. Click sharkonium.

there is a machine that automates it too.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Realm grinder r0 question.

I was whinging about titans taking forever because realm weather forecaster was predicting that i wouldnt get a hit on monastery or deep mines for like 40+ clicks. So i was told to do druids.

But the strat given was to keep farms as the lowest % so grand balance always hits it. This seems pretty backwards to me. And the gems are coming in way too slow.

(Im at 5e17 so far, and this druid run has given me 4e13 so far.....)

Did i get dud advice?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah no mathematician trophy. I havent hit 800 farms yet, let alone 1024.
I think i might just use titans. Maybe shell out $10 for some credits to buy the gift thing.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

How do i unlock dwarves?

I had a run with faries, i had 8000 buildings and 900 inns which should be more than needed.

I also have the 100,000 clicks across all games trophy

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Klungar posted:

Did you do all the excavations you need to find their artifacts?

nope i had to do another 99 :/ on my first dwarves now with fairies.

Whats the best way to get 10k spells though? im at like 3000

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im on R1 and its just as slow as R0 :p

Titans need buff that makes them stupidly good.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I think im like e2 from R3 (or R2 >< i cant remember) I dont have any challenges. Ive found titans to be so hit and miss, i just go drow/demons now :/

what is the good dwarves that make gems fast?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im trying for goblin 1 challenge, which just takes time/luck. How do i know when i got it?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

The icon for the challenge will change, a wedge of the spell upgrade icon above it will fill in, and there'll be green checkmark on it when you play goblins that shows the bonus you got from completing it is active.

Basically don't worry you can't miss it.

do i need anything before i actually start the challenge? Do you mean the icon in the trophies tab? Im on R3 as i have the mercs thing in my upgrades

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So challenges can only be done after R7? as that is when bloodlines open?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Klungar posted:

Tier 2 challenges require bloodlines. Tier 1 challenges only require the faction spell upgrade from the secret trophy.

Think i only have the elf and fairy secret trophies. And both of those challenges seem a bit out of my reach atm.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vil posted:

Most challenges are easiest at the end of an R, when you've got enough gems to reincarnate again (or close to that). Some challenges don't give a poo poo though. All challenges, to my recollection, can be safely done in the first R they're available, though a handful become easier if you wait (demon 1 comes to mind).

All spell upgrade trophies are pretty trivial to get as early as R0 (I think fairy's actually one of the harder ones of those), so take a break to knock those out in the meantime. NB that for the elf, undead, and angel ones which care about time of day/day of week, you can change your system clock and have it count. (Changing system clock won't help for much of anything else important, but it does help for those unlocks.)

Ok i'll look up the race spells. Just got goblin. I have to at least abdicate in order to try the challenge or i can get it after i buy the spell? (this is for goblins)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

im setting up to get faceless, so 36 hours. Ive gone undead, not sure if i should check in on them to buy stuff or just leave till a few hours after this time tomorrow :/

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vil posted:

Remember you'll also need to fork over some faction coins in the same abdication when you do meet the 36-hour mark, so you may want to consider playing as something that generates those a bit more easily than undead (e.g. goblin, titan, elf, even angel). Though excavations are also an option of course.

If you haven't yet unlocked the crazy-expensive upgrade to offline production (which is, of course, quite thoroughly useless once you're in a late enough R that it's actually possible to afford it), you might as well spend all 36 hours offline consecutively, which will also unlock that upgrade. Just for completion's sake if nothing else.

Ive done maybe 5 excavations so ill be good for that method maybe. How many faction coins am i looking at?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

not too bad then. Thanks

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Merijn posted:

I reincarnated for the first time and everything is simultaneously incredibly exciting and incredibly slow. :black101:

R1 is pretty similar to R0 only you think you know what you're doing.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I forgot exactly what time i logged out of realmgrinder. Im sure its been 36 hours...... but what if it isnt ><

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I got it, i left it at least 48 hours.

The faceless are good? I asked and people said no, but im going from e16 to e18 to e20 fairly fast for not watching, but brainwave seems to add lag. Is there anyway to stop this in chrome?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Target Practice posted:

So I just randomly stopped gaining gems in Realm Grinder. I've got about 2.8e25, but when I abdicate, the reset to zero and nothing I do gets them counting up again. I tried googling and the wiki and everything I find for "not gaining gems" has to do with reincarnation. Am I boned? I tried exporting and importing but that didn't do anything.

you need to make a fair amount of coins before you start gettign gems again.

I think i got my first gem at about e25 coins this game

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

are void maps newish in trimps?

I just got my died 50 times to the same mob.... god these are tough

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

They give heirlooms they are intended to be done right before you portal out. They've been around for a few months now. They are 400% harder mobs + other bonus to them. You ideally want to figure out where you can do them and either keep pushing after that or far more likely just portal out because everything else is going to just be slow.

Ive been getting to about lvl 25 before portaling out. What should i be taking to push further?
ATm i have

Art 3
range 10
bait 2
trumps 2
pheromones 3
packrat 3
motivation 11
power 8
toughness 6
looting 8

Before you had to kill blimps for helium, now it tells me im making 3/hr? is that passive so if i left the run for a day id get another 72?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Doing demon challenge 1 at R4 is a bitch. After 10 hours im halfway, i think..... And im at 0 gems lol.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Vil posted:

That's odd, I distinctly remember it taking less than an hour at R2 with an autoclicker. R7 for elf bloodline would make it faster of course, but either way 10 hours for halfway seems excessive. The main point to that challenge is that with everything else restricted, you're basically only getting faction coins from the very slow stream from clicking the chest.

I just left it over night and it was done. But yeah, 0 gems, no researches, excavations or reincarnation powers. Even with an auto clicker it would have taken a while as i had 2% chance of faction coins.

Off to do the druid challenge i guess next, that thats everything done till R7

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Getting back into RG, just hit R2. Is there a quick guide to what I should be focusing on? I'll take another look through the thread, though it looked like most discussion was for later in the game.

Also start to look at the challenges. (On the trophies tab where excavations is on the normal tab). Some are easier than others and you can do the vanilla ones at r2. (I think)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Merijn posted:

I'm at R3 in Realm Grinder and trying to tackle the last tier 1 challenge for Demons: collect 5000 coins without using Reincarnation Power, Gem Power or Excavations. It's excruciatingly slow. Should I do it in a later level or just wait it out?

Its one that has to be done with no gem power, no reincarnation power, no excavation, no bloodlines, so yes, just wait it out.

I set up demons, then went offline and off to bed. It was done by the time i checked in in the morning.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

pumpinglemma posted:

No, bloodlines are fine, and the Elf bloodline in particular will complete the challenge in a few minutes with no autoclicker required.

ooh, you're right, it's no researchers. But that is R7 for bloodlines isnt it? and you can get it done overnight easy enough before R7

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

UberChair posted:

Figured as much. Only thing I hate about Titans on R0 is that I have to scry a bunch for FC to get the 500 I need to start but luckily my LS are now giving me enough FC in one cast to get the next two tiers.

Gets easier once you have excavations unlocked.

Titans really are luck based though (well rng seed based)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Cirrial posted:

Hey so I suspect people here might have an idea of this sort of thing in terms of what they don't like to encounter as players. This might not be suited to this thread as it's not directly discussing an idle game, lemme know if it's inappropriate and I'll take it to one of the gamedev threads instead.

Let's define an event as some sort of pop up box that allows a selection of choices, with or without resource costs, that lead to some action, positive or negative.

Given this definition, which of the following things would you prefer to happen?

1. Events trigger over time. This pauses resource gathering and the game in general until you make a selection.
2. Events trigger over time. Resource gathering continues, although for the purposes of the event you're treated as having whatever resources you had when the event popped up instead of what you had now, so you can't just wait out a cost for a week or whatever.
3. Events trigger over time, resource gathering continues, and you have about two minutes to make a decision before a default decision (the least risky one) is made for you.
4. Events are exclusively triggered by player action or in direct response to player action.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have effectively Paradox-style events in a game you can theoretically throw into the background, and pausing everything until you pay attention to the event seems like it's going to make some people mad. What would you prefer?

in that order

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Merijn posted:

Any tips on the RG trophy 'Coin Pillage'? 30 Tax Collections in 5 seconds seems impossible without some ridiculous upgrade I don't know about.

I did it about R3 as angels i think, or it might have been goblins. Was near the end of the run, had good mana regen and fairly high max mana. Think i needed 2900 but got away with about 2300 due to regen.

And yeah its pretty unspectacular. On my run now at e30 gems and e68 coin gen i get 2,850 fc.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

i tried to like it, but i cant make heads or tails of it, and cant bring my self to give enough of a poo poo to put any effort into figuring it out. I guess ill come back in a few days and see if i can play then :/

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

I imagine everyone's just salty because they have to get used to a new layout and new icons that don't look like 10 kinds of rear end

yeah they look like 20 kinds of rear end

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

In Trimps

I am hitting realm 40-50 pretty easily now (i leave it a day or two, not worried about time, though my current run im planning on hitting 60)

My question is should i be doing the electricty challenge now for double helium? how much harder does it make the game?
I typically only buy 10-20 wormholes, so hurt for coordination later on, and after lvl 40 or so im always behind on equipment upgrades

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok yeah i think it is balance. Ill give it a try.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Oh i understand balance now. Kill a mob in the world = lose max hp but gain resource gathering.

Kill mob in a map = gain back lost hp but lose increase gathering.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

With equality (in RG)

can i do 1d 12 min of each faction or does it have to be 3 days total?

This is my 2nd attempt and i slept in ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

1 day 12 min of each alignment is fine. They have to be close to each other, not to the 1d mark.

omg so i could have fixed my previous one >< lol. Thanks for the info.

Its weird though, the first few R's took days each, then i went from 7 to 12 in a day, and i knocked out all the 2nd challenges too (well i still have the prestige ones)