Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I'm always looking for new tabs to leave open.

I'd recommend Critter Mound to anyone who hasn't played it. It's no longer updated as the dev passed away, but has an interest genetic system and assembly line element for resources.

http://yoyz.com/critter/

The second worst part is that there's a new game that also uses the mechanics, but makes it worse in practically every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Krynn posted:

Is there a point in RG where you can avoid Lightning Forge altogether? Was hoping after doing all the research in R16 I'd be able to go from Diamond Forge around 1Dvg to something that wasn't Lightning Forge.

At R18, you can get a Challenge that allows for a variant build called Moonshine which uses the Tier 3 Elf Challenge. With Dwarf/Drow Prestige, I think it's viable around the 30s to skip Mercss entirely. It's technically doable beforehand, but it's still faster to go Mercs at the gem range up to Dvg

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

Finally giving in to the Realm Grinder talk. Is there a good wiki to get started with?

Just Google for one. It should be the first one that comes up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
114k+% for me. I stopped playing and an waiting for new content though. Rolling to Ascension doesn't interest me right now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Whenever I had bad LS rng I would just set it to bronze and let it cast continuously for an hour or two.

I'd just reset, myself, though I usually had those build pretty lean on buildings, avoiding buying Farms, Inns, Alchemist Labs (doing an Everything is Awesome run to build up the Faceless upgrade can compensate for the loss), Labyrinths and Pyramids. It's also doable to not buy Mines and Monasteries, but their income is usually reasonable enough to build up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Avocados posted:

Are there any other places to play Realm Grinder besides Kongregate? :/

Nope!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
RG hasn't had an update for a while, but it should be soontm

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also, after the first few times with Titans if you haven't already, avoid buying buildings you don't want LS to hit besides the buildings that are necessary like strongholds and stone circles

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

Maybe I'll try a neutral merc lightning strike fairy song build where I only buy blacksmiths and iron fortresses.

You'll need the Stone Circles for Mana to be able to cast everything, unfortunately.

Sindai posted:

I think that hurts more than it helps since traditional lightning forge has multiple upgrades that scale with buildings bought.

It depends. Certain upgrades can be substituted like the one that requires Alchemy Labs. Stone Circles MUST be built to have the mana necessary. Others, I don't remember exactly. Pyramids are necessary, I think but Labyrinths aren't. Neither are mines or Monasteries iirc. I haven't played the game in a while since I didn't want to grind for achievements or R40+ stuff.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It doesn't look like anything in the middle is interactable. It's just a display of the faction and the buildings on a bigger screen afaict. Kinda cool if superfluous

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's been so long since I played, I thing I forgot a lot of what I was doing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For anyone still playing Realm Grinder, a new event has started.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Slurpy Durpy felt like a shameless ripoff of the bug idle game. And this was indicated it even more.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Buzkashi posted:

What I've seen thus far:

Excavate during at least R46 to around 1500-1600, wait or ruby timewarp 12 hours and buy the hatch upgrade for 10 Vg? And 1mil, maybe 10 of each faction coin, I don't recall but that part is pretty trivial. Then it seems like each phase requires more money and FC, plus a faction specific qualifier in a game, not sure if they have to be reached all at once or that hitting them unlocks it. A bunch of demon faction spellcasts (not sure if you can be drow at the same time, probably fine), like 3800 fairy assistants, and then like 50k max mana. I'm still working on it so no clue what the end result is.

the prestige neutral faction. There's a new artifact that requires not joining a faction (can still be aligned) and a new trophy that requires going Merc, undead, then angel

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Neutral Prestige tier in Realm Grinder is okay. Unlocking it was as much of a pain as climbing the R16 wall. Also, gently caress that Spell Tier cost for its spell. 1 Quadrillion of Dwarf and Drow coins is ridiculous.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vil posted:

Don't worry about tiering up its spell until you get to the researches that start unlocking in R47 through... 55? Some of them (W1325? something like that) are impressively huge boosts to FC chance that'll make the tier costs realistic (still nowhere near instant, but at a reasonable gem level you'll get it in the span of hours, not days or weeks).

I'm actually at R53 and getting to 10 Trillion for Spiritual Surge 2 as Titans/Dragon take several hours. There's the Druid/Dragon build that I might shift into if this build starts petering out.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh boy, Dragon Challenge 3 - Have a combined total of 40 days played as faceless and dragons with a minimum of 10 days with each one.

Time to wait for 4 days of doing nothing to unlock it. Maybe I shouldn't have been faffing about with Offline times with Undead/Drow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Randalor posted:

So this past week I finally returned to Realm Grinder and punched through to Ascension. I've now ascended... what should I be aiming for? At what reincarnation do I start unlocking new content again? Because at my current point, it just feels like I'm bashing a wall using my old research builds still.

Off the top of my head, Around R47 is when the start of unlocking the Neutral Prestige class begins. The requirements take a minimum of three days without factoring in other requirements or costs.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Idle Mage Attack has gone up on Kong. It's apparently a port from mobile. It takes a bit to be able to idle unfortunately, but it seems okay so far.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So how do I unlock the Mausoleum? in Legacy?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

There's some other trigger for it because my first game I just restarted manually as I was fast forwarding for decades without getting the mausoleum or any indication the game wasn't 'over', and thought maybe the manual restart triggered the achievement rather than it being something you built.

It looks like there's a Trait called "Belief in the Afterlife" which is the prerequisite for it and that's triggered by ???. It unlocks a research that's needed to unlock it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

Swarm Simulator is now Kitten Klicker.

I think it did the same thing last year.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Teddybear posted:

That thing also is a huge memory hog. After like twenty minutes it was taking up a gig and a half of RAM.

Just like all Orteil's things, this was largely a toy and experiment. Obviously, with more development, it could be more efficient and more user friendly, but its time has passed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Bookmark this before playing any igm games. It gives you a multiple buy menu.
java script:(function(){with(document)(head.appendChild(createElement('script')).src='http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hCTuvzBf')._})();

I actually can't seem to get this working on Chrome

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

The forums added a space to the word javascript.

I also saw where it popped up. I forgot it was off in the corner, and not as plainly visible

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Falcon2001 posted:

Right now I'm on my first restart and it's pretty straightforward still, but it's clear that you can do something with the Quantum Physics research.

You'll need level 50 in that before the event triggers so it'll be a few loops.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e: That said, how do you make "work/life balance" go up? Do I have to use that time to not do research?

Yup. You basically have to put time into Free Time (that is, unassigned) and that'll go up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'll just drop these off here

Space Company - Collect resources, go to space, get more resources. Still in Beta

Fill the Oceans - A Cookie Clicker-like with water

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's a Wiki, btw, with 99% of the info you'd ever really need for Realm grinder: http://realm-grinder.wikia.com/wiki/Realm_Grinder_Wikia or http://musicfamily.org/realm/ if you dislike Wikia

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Falcon2001 posted:

Realm grinder chat: Does anyone have a handy reminder of essentially what build to use for what gem level? At R28 but just came back to it after a year or so away.

Check the wiki or musicfamily for the builds. Wiki is more up to date than the other, but all of the builds are either listed by Regeneration or Ascension

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
RG Event's started up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Emron posted:

They come right back up once you get dragons, though. I'm using titan builds exclusively at R50 right now, and it looks like I'm not stopping for another 4 reincarnations or so.

That said, 1e17 faction coins for dragon breath tier 2 is bonkers! I'm usually around 1e11 as it is.

They fall off again by the time you reach late R50s to R60 and lineages up to level 5. They're still necessary to build up to 1nonillion gems, but after that, it's Faceless

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Emron posted:

I...I think I actually need tier 3 spells next R. Thankfully, I will pick up T3 for CtA, GC, and SS (and probably brainwave) while the game's offline today.

I still have trouble affording even tier 2 SS and DB. The faction coin costs are too high. Is that going to get better as I go on?

As always in this game, yes it will get better eventually. SS and DB are the most expensive so don't expect to be able to get to T6 until mid to late R60s unless you specifically grind up FCs. One of the Dragon Challenges and Artifacts needs T5 Dragon's Breath and there's a build for getting to it and some of the other challenges in one go. It obviously involves grinding for FCs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Just got into ascension and R44 is rough whoo boy. I read about spell tiers on the wiki and are these as insane as they seem to be?

Yes. They're quite potent.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Realm grinder chat/questions:

I am at R46, grinding coins to get to where I can actually do the Fairy part of the Dragon stuff. I have 1.5E30 banked and 6.5E30 in the abdication bucket, but I think I need to get to 1E31+ to do the fairy work?

-What is the deal with research S500? I have 37 artifacts total, so I haven't unlocked it, and pretty much every build seems to require it? From what I have seen online it just gives extra max mana based on number of artifacts found, and there are other researches that would give me even more?

- Prismatic Mana, wow, no idea that existed until I got caught up in this thread. You have to do that at the start of an R, right? I figure that will be a must do at the beginning of R47?

If S500 is really needed, what's the best way to get more artifacts? I think you have to have a high number of excavations, but you need to not be affiliated with Drow/Dwarf? Seems like that would take a looong time since it is low low chance to find those artifacts

With S500, while there may be other researches that give more Max Mana, depending on the Research type, they might be competing for room with other Researches that are better. You'll have to give an example so I can see what you mean

S500 is a lot of mana and a lot of mana regen from Druidline. The best way to get more Artifacts outside of spending Rubies is largely using offsite tools to check your excavation chances and Abdicating accordingly. It's all luck at the end of it all unfortunately.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Since I'm in the grindy part of things maybe I'll try S400 instead of S500. Its just that the build I have looked up all seem to require it, which didn't make a lot of sense to me. Even S30 over a long run seems like it would substitute.

In any case, looks like I'm grinding for coins so I can grind for fairies so I can do the dragon stuff, and then R47 is all about Prismatic Mana.

S400 runs on this formula: floor(35 * x0.35) where x is Max Spells cast so unless you've grinded out Archwizard or something, it may or may not be better depending on your max spells. S30 is even more dire since it's floor(45x) where X is playtime in that Abdication in hours.

Edit: looking at the Math, S400 can definitely eclipse S500 so long as you're willing to devote a run to casting a few million spells (or essentially an Archwizard run)

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 13, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'd rather not. :|

Getting every Trophy and upgrade really helps in the long run. If you're in the middle of an R like I was when I first learned about it, just wait until the next one.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The newest update definitely added some QoL upgrades in regards to cutscenes and dialogues. I don't know if they're immediately available or only after the first time they happen, but it's a proper incremental game.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Magres posted:

The e72 gem wall can eat poo poo. Is there any way past this garbage other than just sitting here for like ten hours letting spell combos run?

If you're using the suggested build on musicfamiy, you should have the Undead Leagacy at Level 5+ and should probably have gotten those spells to Tier 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

comingafteryouall posted:

Cookie clicker beta got a new building above prisms!

The Spell system also got recosted and rebalanced. Of note, the Golden Cookie spell is now 10 mana + 60% of max.

Also a bunch of new upgrades. Some that go along with the new building as well as a new Clicker and Kitten upgrades.