Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Very good op.

Also, there's a new game in beta suckers! made by the Reactor Idle guy called Factory Idle.
It's pretty fun!

Shark game really is the best though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Poultron posted:

Here's some hot tech: go outside to escape the madness of idle games

https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1447/73/1447731689669.pdf
Game starts tomorrow. Lots of us are already playing.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Off the top of my head, I would guess that goblins might be the way to go.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Does it turn into poo poo? Or better question, did I miss people already talking about it between the RG chat?

It starts off fun, but you end up having to repeatedly redo your whole factory, and it ends up feeling kinda tedious.

It does, on the other hand, give you something to do while you wait days for it to build up research points.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Merijn posted:

I'm at R3 in Realm Grinder and trying to tackle the last tier 1 challenge for Demons: collect 5000 coins without using Reincarnation Power, Gem Power or Excavations. It's excruciatingly slow. Should I do it in a later level or just wait it out?

Are there any achievements that might help you out? Other than achievements, I don't think there's much you can do to speed it up.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I guess I'm done for a while:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Merijn posted:

Export, abdicate and tell us what you get :allears:

I tried that. Nothing works, it won't let me abdicate.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I submitted a bug report and it's fixed today! Hooray.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Evil Mastermind posted:

A new game called Spaceplan just launched. It's a pretty neat setup based around orbiting a planet and doing things like launching probes and satellites, and it seems to have an actual endgame.

This is very cool.

I think I found the problem, the time seems to be progressing at one day per second, so this little planet is whirling around at ridiculous speeds. Makes sense that you have to research roots.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I killed GOD and now I'm not sure if I want to keep going.

It's neat though!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I actually am hitting the exact same wall - well, not the exact one, but it started at 325 and now after four resets it's like 330. It's super weird.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I've broken past it, but I really felt weird saying that I'm having trouble with the guys right before the Gob Gob Tower.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Any recommendations on good skills to upgrade?

Also, even at higher tiers, I get stuck on level 2825, etc. Freaking goblins.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, not getting the timer extender to drop kinda blows. I'll get it eventually, but for now, guess we'll keep resetting at 330ish.

I was well past 2000 before I got the extender. If that's the only one you're missing, then you should be getting way past 330.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Fellis posted:

How do you hack it? I got to the end of kittengame like three years ago and I wouldn't want to play through 90% of that

I'll figure it out again later and post some of the commands, but even if you repeatedly max out your basic resources, it's still a long slog.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Cerepol posted:

We only offer the finest artisinal bespoke, handcrafted, owner-operated, mom n' pop clickers here.

You're talking about the shark game, right?
http://cirri.al/sharks/

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You know, the one thing I really would like in Shark Game is if Whale Choruses accumulated from world to world. They're slow producers, but it'd be nice if after visiting a few dozen worlds you had a small trickle from all those whales.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I don't think this one has popped up in the thread:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Veterum/lazy-kings

It's pretty simple at first, but after you defeat the Orcs, look in the upper right hand corner and you'll see a new icon. You can then start playing as a different race with very different mechanics. Then eventually you unlock a third and a fourth race, each with unique rules.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For Lazy Kings, every time you get a new building, click on the resource on the right side, and as you progress, revisit old buildings to see if new options pop up.
You won't get very far as elves if you don't do this.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Oenis posted:

What's a good point to begin a new game in Lazy Kings? I wish there were some clearer indicated goals. I'm up to ents with elves, my humans paladins have been fighting demons for a while, and orcs still have elves as their highest enemy - I think the last thing that unlocked were workshops. Where do I go from here?

5 Achievement points is enough to get the good stuff for each race I'd say.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

dis astranagant posted:

You're about to the point where you should stop playing til it updates. You only have a couple left with elves and the last race is a huge pain to play.

Undead seems like it'd be really powerful if you could get your battle time down to 10 seconds. Half of the stuff procs on battles.
Any idea on what the point of mummies are? They seem like a crap version of liches.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
New update for Lazy Kings. Tons of new achievement points and ways to spend them. Still sorta figuring out the new deal.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Randalor posted:

Is there a way to multi-buy in Lazy Kings? The problem that I run into is that when I start a new run, I buy a few of the starting building for each faction, then focus on one for a bit to get it up and running. The problem is that by that point, the other factions have enough of the starting resource that I can build 30-40 of the basic buildings, and no quick way to build multiples that I can find.

I mapped a button on my mouse to autoclick because I'm a degenerate. So, maybe. I wouldn't know.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Updated again, few new things to spend achievement points on and highscore list of achievement points by race. I'm 4th in every race but human, I'm 9th there. I just don't think I "get" the progression system for them.

It's kind of nice to feel like a winner. I'm in the top 5 for everything.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Color Printer posted:

I really wish trade posts in lazy kings could multi-task

I really do

I'm going to respec with no points in trade posts. They just aren't worth it after the initial buildup.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Falcon2001 posted:

On Lazy Kings - I'm sort of stuck on elves right now. I'm up to horses as my target and the last building I have is chapels. Growing my archers is incredibly slow but seems to be the thing to do right now. What else should I be doing?

Growing archers is a big part of the Elf strategy. You'll eventually shift focus to druids, and then eggs, but you're fine for now.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Not like you lose achievements you could just press new game again

It restarts your progress, so if you have two windows you can evaluate how much resetting would actually be worth it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TTBF posted:

Slurpy Derpy updated and my remaining research time went from 5 hours to 27 years. Jesus, the research curve was already my least favorite thing about this game and now I'm probably gonna quit it.

I just can't get into Lazy Kings or Idle Kings or whatever it's called. It looks terrible and doesn't seem to have anything that separates it from an early cookie clicker clone.

At a certain point you start unlocking multiple races that have synergies and unique production patterns.

With undead for example, I get the majority of my corpses from coffins that generate after every battle. With Humans, they can synergize with elves to let you generate tons of peasants for cannon fodder.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ineptitude posted:

Slurpy Derpy:
-You aren't allowed to post a list of the secret achievements on the reddit SD forum (presumably because the dev doesn't want people to get easy slurpies?).

Speaking of which, do you have the list?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Man, why hasn't that game been redone?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Fellis posted:

This was posted in the sunless sea thread:

Its a puzzle game with idle mechanics and a 1920's cultist theme. I like the setting so this was interesting for a bit but it is kinda rough gameplay wise

The dev blog/reddit is filled with words about how the dev wanted the clues the game provides to guide the player instead of brute forcing the combos but i was only able to figure out some of it and now i'm stuck at leveling up my believers to finish the ritual if anyone is smarter than me or has more time to brute force it i just want to see the end at this point

If you're getting desperate, you can look at the recipes here:
http://weatherfactory.biz/cs/recipes.js

Edit:

Just beat it.
One thing that you might have missed is that fasting is an important key for unlocking an important piece of knowledge.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 27, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, but I love it.

Probably unintentional honesty.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Coffins can really pick up steam, but I recommend gathering them through battle instead of trying to convert them from wood.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Eldercain posted:

I haven't really done much with coffins/necros since I assumed they weren't as good as just having decent other sources of skeletons and then focusing acolytes on apoc. I'll turn my necros on and see how it goes. I'm guess I'll switch to frolic, although I don't use it much early since having that many elves never seemed good early/mid due to wood being restrictive. It'll almost double my ghost production which doesn't seem like it'll change *that* much and I guess I'll try and get enough coffins to overcome the deficit to corpses. Maybe I just need to fully embrace it and see how it goes.

I have elves on full time book duty to support monks/apoc and I can't really see there being a better thing to loot with them? I have enough eggs to have a deep enough pool for replenishing.

It's an interesting game mechanically but like most idle games it's pretty easy to blast past the point where you're progressing.

Hey, what's your Orc strategy? You're at the top of the leaderboard.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sindai posted:

Another Trimps question: when should I start doing Balance? It seems like a bad idea when I can barely reach 40 at all.

I don't think Balance was that big of a problem, you probably don't want to do it if you're having to grind maps to proceed though.

A little extra time is worth the bonus helium.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sindai posted:

Well, I definitely see why AutoTrimps exists now. I could maybe stand to play the game completely manually if you advanced 10x quicker, and if limited storage didn't exist. What a terrible mechanic that should never be in any idler ever.

Storage sucks, but at least you can always build more with basic resources.

Compare that to loving kittens game that easily hits a ceiling and you have to research new storage facilities.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Learn marketable job skills by searching through the code and cheating like a motherfucker.

A big quality of life change is to reduce the pokeball catch time to nearly zero.

Increasing shinies by 8 times is a nice improvement too.

I also reduced underground tool use cost to zero and it was still tedious as hell. It'd probably be tolerable if it automatically mined one square per minute, with upgrades speeding it up.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

Share your secrets with me

Maybe back up your save first.
This applies to a TON of different games.

I don't know how to do it in Firefox or anything, but in chrome, you can hit F12 to open the developer console.
You're going to want to go to sources.

I selected upgrades.js because it seemed like a reasonable place to start.
If you scroll through the code, you'll eventually find this:

pre:
var resetUpgrades = function(){
	player.catchBonus = 5;
	player.expMultiplier = 1;
	player.catchTime = 2000;
	player.moneyMultiplier = 1;
	player.clickMultiplier = 1;
	player.attackMultiplier = 1;
	player.upgradeList = [];
	initUpgrades();
	updateAll();
}
This looks interesting, it looks like a function that resets all player values to their defaults.
Click on the console tab and input the following:

pre:
player.catchTime
CASE SENSITIVE

You should get a result of something like this

Now try changing it
pre:
player.catchTime = 500
You can even do math
pre:
player.catchTime += 10
or
pre:
player.catchTime -= 10
or even
pre:
player.catchTime *= 10
These can come in handy when you're manipulating other variables.

So, I dug around some of the other files searching for the word "shard"

I found this in dungeons.js
pre:
        gainExp(curEnemy.exp,curEnemy.level,false);
        gainShards(curEnemy.type, 3);
        dungeonCanMove = 1;
and this in system.js
pre:
		gainMoney(Math.floor(money), "You earned $");
		gainExp(exp,level,false);
		player.routeKills[player.route]++
		gainShards(curEnemy.type,1);
		updateRoute();
Add a zero or two onto the gainShards(curEnemy.type, 300);
or
gainShards(curEnemy.type,10);

Right click the tab and press save.

So it's mostly searching around in the code to find stuff and changing things to be how you want them to be.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Have you ever run into a game with mangled scripts?

Some developers intentionally obfuscate their code. gently caress those guys.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Garfu posted:

I'd only play Trimps with a speedhack, and speedhacking doesn't work.

Give this a shot. Repeat as necessary:

game.portal.Agility.level+=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just started on Idle Mage and I'm not sure what I'm doing. Are there some good spells I should be socketing to build XP early?