Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Lightning are good and were incredibly scary despite their low shot total.

I like the Sharks quite a bit and follow them casually but I hope the Penguins beat them. If the Pens lose it couldn't be to a cooler team.

I've never been so happy to have my AHL team gutted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

cenotaph posted:

The Lightning are good and were incredibly scary despite their low shot total.

I like the Sharks quite a bit and follow them casually but I hope the Penguins beat them. If the Pens lose it couldn't be to a cooler team.

I've never been so happy to have my AHL team gutted.

If the Pens win, I don't think we have enough room for all the banners next year.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

this is going to be an awesome SCF

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So the Conn Smythe race is down to Pavelski or Burns if the Sharks win, or Kessel or Murray if the Penguins win, yeah?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Eric the Mauve posted:

So the Conn Smythe race is down to Pavelski or Burns if the Sharks win, or Kessel or Murray if the Penguins win, yeah?

How much is the Toronto media making GBS threads themselves about forcing Kessel put of town now I wonder. (Not that they will publish anything to admit it.)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Eh, the finals can change everything with that. If Crosby or Malkin has a big finals, they'll get it. It's completely wide open for the Sharks as well as Thornton, Burns, or Couture could all easily win it.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i still can't believe rust didn't get a penalty shot, that was a disgusting missed call

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Sharks' top line and incredibly deep D corps terrifies me, but then I remember that the Penguins have 4 lines that can score and the Sharks don't, and they also have a better goaltender, and I feel better.

Series is pretty much a toss-up, I say Penguins in 7.

Bonus prediction, Kessel scores the Cup Winning Goal on Reimer

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Benstonium/status/736032179885596673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Mike Lange's call for the win :allears:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/736037217525768193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Sharks' top line and incredibly deep D corps terrifies me, but then I remember that the Penguins have 4 lines that can score and the Sharks don't, and they also have a better goaltender, and I feel better.

Get ready to hear the poo poo beaten into the ground about how the Penguins haven't won in San Jose in like 20 years or some poo poo like that

Even though it's about as relevant as pointing out how lovely the Penguins were at home in game 7

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Can't be posted enough.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ElwoodCuse posted:

Get ready to hear the poo poo beaten into the ground about how the Penguins haven't won in San Jose in like 20 years or some poo poo like that

Even though it's about as relevant as pointing out how lovely the Penguins were at home in game 7
Actually we finally won at the Shark Tank last year, 5-1 too :haw:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah, to find the Penguins' last win in San Jose you have to go all the way back to 6 months ago, when they crushed them 5-1 when Mike Johnston was still the coach

e: f;b :argh:

e2: David Perron had a goal and an assist and Rob Scuderi played 17 minutes

It feels like so very long ago

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Series is pretty much a toss-up, I say Penguins in 7.

Bonus prediction, Kessel scores the Cup Winning Goal on Reimer

Person with the most points in the playoffs is on our second line.

But yeah your third line is better. I don't know about 4th lines?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I am happy that the Penguins won, that was an exciting/terrifying game

Still kind of mind blowing that this is the same team that Professor Johnston coached this season

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

One happy byproduct of the Sharks beating the Blues is that the Penguins get home ice for the Finals

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

good game pens :(

I just hope the bolts don't fall apart next season

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ThinkTank posted:

I will be the annoying athlete marching behind you in the parade of nations that stops to yell into every TV camera he passes.

:hfive: I'm not even really cheering for the Pens necessarily, just gently caress the sharks, that's all

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
This is going to be fun

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Crosby's dirt squirrel was just a little more magical than Boyle's. Sharks are huge, grizzled fuckers, but the Pens are fast and agile. I can't wait for this series. Go Pens.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I am very excited to be going to the cup and I hope that the Pens win.

Although, the Sharks are cool and good, and even though I do not care about their team, I will not be upset at all if they win instead.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Phthisis posted:

I am very excited to be going to the cup and I hope that the Pens win.

Although, the Sharks are cool and good, and even though I do not care about their team, I will not be upset at all if they win instead.

Agreed. I've never had any Sharks hate. I'm always alright with it when a team that has never won a cup before finally brings it home.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Don't think I've ever heard Phil this excited :unsmith:

http://downloads.penguins.nhl.com/audio3/160526KesselPost.MP3

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Mage_Boy posted:

If the Pens win, I don't think we have enough room for all the banners next year.

They can take down Mike Yeo.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

ok but did they ask him about going to the stanley cup final or about eating a hot dog?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

tofes posted:

ok but did they ask him about going to the stanley cup final or about eating a hot dog?

I think he was mentally thinking about finding out how many hotdogs will fit in the Stanley Cup, and how a Hot Dog vendor will probably give him hotdogs for free if he shows up with the cup.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Relevant:

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

I'm really proud of the Bolts for not going out like a wet fart. This game had to have given nearly every Primanti's-lined artery in every Pens fan in the crowd palpitations on a regular basis.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Had hoped the Bolts would have made it to the SCF, but the Pens are chugging along strongly so no big surprise really. While my sympathies are with Kessel, my dislike for the Pens (blame the NHL and NBC for shoving them down our throat) is stronger and I don't want any good for them. They won it already not long ago, time for a completely new team to win the Cup and Sharks are well deserving. I just hope they can make it a proper battle.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

cenotaph posted:

Relevant:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Also Go Sharks.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I really can't get a handle on where this series is going to go-

Eric the Mauve posted:

e2: David Perron had a goal and an assist and Rob Scuderi played 17 minutes

ahahahahahaha Pens in 4 ahahahaha

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Wife surprised me this morning when I woke up by saying she has made arrangements for us to go to Game 1 in Pittsburgh (didn't buy tix or hotel but took care of animal care, etc). After some discussion we decided to risk going to game 5 instead in the off chance we get to see the Cup presented. Thing is, Ticketmaster isn't even showing that there will be a Game 5 yet. I know General Public tix go on sale at 10 but there are seats available for sale for games 1 and 2 through their reseller part of the website. My question is, will they magically show up for game 5 at 10 or do I need to buy the tickets through stub hub? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.

Juvi
Apr 8, 2003

I AM DOG.

Flyinglemur posted:

Wife surprised me this morning when I woke up by saying she has made arrangements for us to go to Game 1 in Pittsburgh (didn't buy tix or hotel but took care of animal care, etc). After some discussion we decided to risk going to game 5 instead in the off chance we get to see the Cup presented. Thing is, Ticketmaster isn't even showing that there will be a Game 5 yet. I know General Public tix go on sale at 10 but there are seats available for sale for games 1 and 2 through their reseller part of the website. My question is, will they magically show up for game 5 at 10 or do I need to buy the tickets through stub hub? Thanks, I'll take my answer off the air.

They'll go on sale a day after game 4 at 10am est, unless there's a sweep. That's what they usually do, anyway.

Last night's game was the loudest I've ever heard that building. It rivaled some of the insane crowds at the igloo. Just pure madness after the opening goal.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Juvi posted:

They'll go on sale a day after game 4 at 10am est, unless there's a sweep. That's what they usually do, anyway.

OK thanks. Stub Hub says that since the game isnt a certainty, they will refund the cost and fees if it doesn't happen. Need to figure out if I want to risk waiting for general public seats for game 5 or spend the money now :(

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
the closest the penguins have come to the stanley cup since 2009 have been with Vokoun and Murray in net and Fleury watching from the sidelines and pittsburgh beat writers still think he is the franchise goaltender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

This seems to be the right note to end on. SCF thread time!

• Locked thread