Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Lets go anybody but the Blues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Sharks definitely got the better of the Blues in the regular season but both of their wins were in February when the team was all messed up by injuries and whatnot. The Blues REALLY took advantage of crappy defensemen in the first two round and they're not going to get that this time.

...I'd much rather be playing Nashville.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Thufir posted:

Lets go anybody but the Blues.

This but also anyone but Pittsburgh because both cities have a debt to pay back to the world for unleashing Cardinals fans and yinzers on it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pens first, if not them then Jumbo and Awkward Pat.

The secret to success is firing your coach toward the beginning of the season and also having Crosby, Malkin, and Letang.
Also I'm a bit hurt that I wasn't in your list Wonderllama.

Now you're on my list.

The list of people who hurt my feelings.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Sharks are going to reach the Stanley Cup Finals and take the Penguins to 7 games

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Furnaceface posted:

This but also anyone but Pittsburgh because both cities have a debt to pay back to the world for unleashing Cardinals fans and yinzers on it.

Yeah I'm conflicted because yinzer fans are bad and dumb but half my family is from western PA and there are some OK Pens fans on here and also Hornqvist is cool.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If Florida could have made it this would have been the perfect set of conference finalists (actually Nashville managing to finish top 4 in their division and emerging as the finalist versus San Jose would be true paradise) but this is a pretty awesome set of teams and pretty much any Cup champion will be a great result (for me, as a Pens fan, at least).

If the Pens do manage to outlast the Lightning and Western team, then a great silver lining for the people who dislike Pitt could be a Phil Kessel Conn Smythe and all of the tweets that will inundate Steve Simmons.

And if the Pens get knocked out, then I really hope that Marleau gets the Conn and someone at NBC sends Roenick down to interview him on the ice. Or Jumbo Joe gets it, that would be a lovely way to dismiss all those idiots who questioned leadership and toughness and whatnot over the years.

Hmm, guess I've just ensured a Lightning-Blues finals, welp.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Pens

Sharks

Bolts

Blues

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

My dog died long before the race even started so I'm going to cheer for a series longer than four games, during which Healy and Cherry and JR all say a bunch of dumb poo poo, a guy gets hurt but plays anyway, and the winner is decided by the players instead of the refs.

Go that thing I said and also gently caress the Penguins for no reason other than that it's fun to hate somebody who's doing better than you.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Go Sharks, Thornton and Pavelski need a Cup to cement their place in the HoF.

Go Penguins/Bolts, I don't really care. It'd be cool for Kessel to get his, plus another for Crosby and Malkin could use another. Plus it'd ensure MAF hilarity. I also don't really care about anyone on Tampa's roster except Stamkos, and he's hurt. If he plays it'd be cool for him to get a Cup.

Booooo Blues. Between Stastny, Shattenkirk and Elliot, it's like what the Avs could've been, and that hurts to think about.

Also, if Stamkos can't come back, who lifts the Cup first? An alternate? Did he come out just wearing a jersey?

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
I will cheer for the penguins, because maybe, just maybe, if Kessel wins the stanley cup, he will take it to steve simmons house with a pile of hot dogs and spend the day.

Otherwise, go sharks, with Thorton scoring 4 goals and celebrating

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

Go Sharks, Thornton and Pavelski need a Cup to cement their place in the HoF.

Go Penguins/Bolts, I don't really care. It's be cool for Kessel to get his, plus another for Crosby and Malkin could use another. Plus it's ensure MAF hilarity. I also don't really care about anyone on Tampa's roster recruit Stamkos, and he's hurt. If he plays it'd be cool for him to get a Cup.

Booooo Blues. Between Stastny, Shattenkirk and Elliot, it's like what the Avs could've been, and that hurts to think about.

Also, if Stamkos can't come back, who lifts the Cup first? An alternate? Did he come out just wearing a jersey?

Stamkos will come out but he'll be wearing a leafs jersey and everyone will be embarrassed and confused

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LumpyGumby posted:

Also, if Stamkos can't come back, who lifts the Cup first?

The West.

(An alternate. Team decides.)

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Blues
Sharks
Penguins
Lightning

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aphrodite posted:

I don't care and I'm going to be playing Uncharted instead of watching hockey.

Can i borrow it when you're done?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Fozzie Bear posted:

I will cheer for the penguins, because maybe, just maybe, if Kessel wins the stanley cup, he will take it to steve simmons house with a pile of hot dogs and spend the day.

I've changed my mind. This is a good reason for the Pens to win.

Go CNST Go!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Blues
Sharks
Penguins
Lightning
i can't believe it either

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

I've changed my mind. This is a good reason for the Pens to win.

Go CNST Go!

SJ has Reimer who can also torment Simmons by parading it around his front lawn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Can i borrow it when you're done?

It's not 2009 anymore (sorry PAS), nobody buys games on disc now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

That's funny, the Pens just put down the Caps and are about to start the ECF against an overachieving southeastern team, it feels just like 2009 to me

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol jackets

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Eric the Mauve posted:

That's funny, the Pens just put down the Caps and are about to start the ECF against an overachieving southeastern team, it feels just like 2009 to me

That's funny, the Bolts just put down the Isles and an Original Six team and are about to start the ECF against a Pennsylvania based franchise that just won an exciting Game 6, it feels just like 2004 to me

:v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJExile posted:

lol jackets

...Okay, I concede.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

DJExile posted:

lol jackets

nice

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mostly don't want them to win because I don't want the people of St. Louis to have any joy in their bleak, racist, lives.

This is rich coming from a Boston fan.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike_V posted:

He's a Washington fan.

And also nope, St. Louis tops that list for the foreseeable future.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mike_V posted:

https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis/status/722636311107137536

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/697259142113693696

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

I really want to see Patty Marleau and Jumbo raise the cup.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aphrodite posted:

He's a Washington fan.

to be fair to Mike V here, the Bruins are my favorite.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
If the Pens happen to win the Cup there is a near zero chance that Conn Smythe will be anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with Blatt Blurry.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Did you know that one of the country's largest concentration of white nationalists is in California? If you think that most cities aren't incredibly racist, you are sadly mistaken about the state of racism in America.

I am also 100% sure that guy is from Jefferson County (which is like 45-60 minutes away from St. Louis) or some place in Illinois.

Anyways, I am really hoping Hitch doesn't dress Ott more than one game in this series, but I have a feeling he'll start him the first couple and Ott will take a bunch of dumb penalties.

EDIT: Not sure if you're really dense or joking, but that poll is incredibly fake and says so in it.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 13, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

If the Pens happen to win the Cup there is a near zero chance that Conn Smythe will be anyone whose name doesn't rhyme with Blatt Blurry.

Luckily for Phil, his nickname in college was Fat Slurry.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

go sharks because brent burns is a beautiful human being and go pens because gently caress steve simmons

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

go sharks because brent burns is a beautiful human being

Same

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mike_V posted:

Did you know that one of the country's largest concentration of white nationalists is in California? If you think that most cities aren't incredibly racist, you are sadly mistaken about the state of racism in America.

I am also 100% sure that guy is from Jefferson County (which is like 45-60 minutes away from St. Louis) or some place in Illinois.

Anyways, I am really hoping Hitch doesn't dress Ott more than one game in this series, but I have a feeling he'll start him the first couple and Ott will take a bunch of dumb penalties.

EDIT: Not sure if you're really dense or joking, but that poll is incredibly fake and says so in it.

its ok to be proud of your state even if it's one of the dumb racist ones

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Luckily for Phil, his nickname in college was Fat Slurry.

:golfclap:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Aw you betcha it's time for a state pissing match!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Just one round ago, everyone was cool with the Blues because they hadn't won a cup.

Now, lol St. Louis is so racist and gently caress that city

Go Blues and much less so the Lightning

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

JRizzle posted:

Just one round ago, everyone was cool with the Blues because they hadn't won a cup.

Now, lol St. Louis is so racist and gently caress that city

Go Blues and much less so the Lightning

thank you for the endorsement, it's nice to know that my opinion is so revered that i now constitute "everyone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Aw you betcha it's time for a state pissing match!

it definitely is, we'll let you know when we're done so you can come back in

• Locked thread