Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

Just don't, make the hate about hockey and maybe don't generalize an entire metro population?

Especially when you a responding to a person who has lived in the city proper(not county) for over a decade.

Also, what's up with the weird this anti-Blues fan sentiment anyhow. No history of ever winning anything in the modern era and a generally tortured fan base...is just just the "lol racist fans" sentiment?

They're all 110 IQ Deadspin readers, you can safely ignore their opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think I was very explicit when I said I don't dislike the Blues, I dislike people from Missouri and don't want them to be happy, ergo I cannot in good conscience root for the Blues to do well.

According to that guy that's not what you think, sorry.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Troy Queef posted:

They're all 110 IQ Deadspin readers, you can safely ignore their opinions

hell ya brother, they're nothing like us St. Louisans. Here in the Lou we have below average iqs and, uhhh, look at different web sites.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Alright, last time I made a pact with all the Nashville people here saying that we should all be friends after and during because they're cool, and Nashville is cool and we al have nice dogs and everything. It worked mostly and it was all good and fun.

gently caress the Blues though gently caress all you guys you can get hosed htis is our series to win and I'm not making friends with the enemy so get hosed you and your dumb loving stupid rear end team and fan base

First off gently caress Chris Pronger that guy was a loving dick, and I'm glad he's dead

gently caress Elliot and his dumbass face I still don't believe he's a good goalie there's no way he was I don't understand how he was a dogshit joke of a goalie then became "good". He's not good, he's just got some dmen to cover for him. A lot of people don't remember how bad he was but i did

Next up gently caress steve Ott holy poo poo. You guys not only employed him but you made him captain what the gently caress is wrong with a team that is in love with Steve loving Ott of all people. He gives otters a bad name, who are clearly the coolest animal next to a shark.

All gently caress the hamburger fisting monstrocity you put behind the bench now I gotta look at those chisn for at least 4 games and that in of itself is a horrific punishment.

Then of course the whole team of Jay wont play Bowmeister, Reek, TROY loving BROWER PLAYOFF PERFORMER, all of it it's all bad

Also I would have wished all the SAS blues fans and bandwagoners fall down an escalator but the drat thing beat them to the punch and fell on itself trying to carry the hopes and dreams of this bad franchise.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Pens and bolts though we're cool hopefully we'll see you soon

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The most conservative team in the playoffs with the most conservative coach winning the Cup would set hockey back 10 years for those of us who actually like to see the puck moving back and forth, so though I have nothing against Blues fans, gently caress the Blues. Preferably the Pens or Sharks will win the Cup.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Veskit posted:

gently caress Elliot and his dumbass face I still don't believe he's a good goalie there's no way he was I don't understand how he was a dogshit joke of a goalie then became "good". He's not good, he's just got some dmen to cover for him. A lot of people don't remember how bad he was but i did

The 10-11 Senators were a complete dumpster fire on defense, and Elliott was only in his late 20s and hadn't figured out how to keep his gigantic five-hole closed when moving laterally. You can hang a lot of things on him, and the way he moves across the crease continues to terrify me, but I think he should get a pass for that horrible horrible season.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Veskit posted:

Also I would have wished all the SAS blues fans and bandwagoners fall down an escalator but the drat thing beat them to the punch and fell on itself trying to carry the hopes and dreams of this bad franchise.

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bolts/Pens/Sharks are three of my longtime safety teams. I'd prefer a Bolts/Sharks SCF because it's a win-win.

Hitchcock getting to the SCF and/or winning being two goals away from being fired after the first round is intriguing, too.

Pecking order for a Cup win is Sharks, Bolts, and then Pens/Blues is a toss-up.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Veskit posted:

Alright, last time I made a pact with all the Nashville people here saying that we should all be friends after and during because they're cool, and Nashville is cool and we al have nice dogs and everything. It worked mostly and it was all good and fun.

gently caress the Blues though gently caress all you guys you can get hosed htis is our series to win and I'm not making friends with the enemy so get hosed you and your dumb loving stupid rear end team and fan base

First off gently caress Chris Pronger that guy was a loving dick, and I'm glad he's dead

Next up gently caress steve Ott holy poo poo. You guys not only employed him but you made him captain what the gently caress is wrong with a team that is in love with Steve loving Ott of all people. He gives otters a bad name, who are clearly the coolest animal next to a shark.

All gently caress the hamburger fisting monstrocity you put behind the bench now I gotta look at those chisn for at least 4 games and that in of itself is a horrific punishment.

Then of course the whole team of Jay wont play Bowmeister, Reek, TROY loving BROWER PLAYOFF PERFORMER, all of it it's all bad

Same

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Y'all remember the Chris Pronger/Dave Lowery series? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues have averaged more GPG this playoffs than the Dallas Stars, Washington Capitals, New York Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks, and Florida Panthers, all supposedly fun, high scoring teams.

Is this what it was like to be a Devils fan in the 90s?

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 13, 2016

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Anyone but the Pens.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Mike_V posted:

The Blues have averaged more GPG this playoffs than the Dallas Stars, Washington Capitals, New York Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks, and Florida Panthers, all supposedly fun, high scoring teams.

Is this what it was like to be a Devils fan in the 90s?

That should come with an asterisk since they played Dallas.

Also holy poo poo is Ott really the Blues captain? Seeing his face be the first to lift the cup would almost be worth it for the SAS tears.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just dropping in to say the Sharks suck, go Blues, and while I was stationed at Monterey we all knew San Jose was full of lily-livered tech bros that deserve nothing better than to suffer bitter disappointment in any "traditionally macho" endeavor including being fans of local sports teams

Also San Jose is a garbage city full of people that wish they lived in San Francisco or the East Bay but are too scared of black people to actually move there

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

That should come with an asterisk since they played Dallas.

Also holy poo poo is Ott really the Blues captain? Seeing his face be the first to lift the cup would almost be worth it for the SAS tears.

No, David Backes is the captain. Ott barely plays anymore.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Professor Bling posted:

Also San Jose is a garbage city full of people that wish they lived in San Francisco or the East Bay but are too scared of black people to actually move there

ha ha ya here in the Lou we just shoot the black people we're afraid of. way easier.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Don't worry Sharks fans, when you get the poo poo beat out of you in another conference finals it'll only be made better by how pre-emptively bitter you are.

Maybe you can VR what it's like to be in the finals.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

ha ha ya here in the Lou we just shoot the black people we're afraid of. way easier.

That is the police and I advise you to check out Chicago to see how it is professionally done and at least our city was pissed off enough to riot.

I don't really have any animosity towards the Sharks aside from 2000 or whatever when the loving Presidents Cup winning Blues lost to them in the first round.

EDIT: But let's get real with some poo poo posting:

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 13, 2016

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was going to say I live near Chicago, the capital of "cops shoot scary black man" but I've been beaten to that joke

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boston should play Subban when they go out West, every shot would probably be right in the chest.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Professor Bling posted:

Yeah cause there are black people in San Francisco, and the gentrification of oakland definitely hasn't made it more white.

Go away you're dumb.

Mike_V posted:

No, David Backes is the captain. Ott barely plays anymore.

Ohh poo poo Ott was captain of buffalo that's right. HE STILL WEARS THE A THOUGH SO gently caress THAT GUY MY POINT STILL STANDS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Boston should play Subban when they go out West, every shot would probably be right in the chest.

....goddamnit :lol:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Veskit posted:

Yeah cause there are black people in San Francisco, and the gentrification of oakland definitely hasn't made it more white.

Go away you're dumb.

Ohh poo poo Ott was captain of buffalo that's right. HE STILL WEARS THE A THOUGH SO gently caress THAT GUY MY POINT STILL STANDS

Steve Ott doesn't wear any letters. I think it's Pietrangelo and Steen

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Mike_V posted:

Steve Ott doesn't wear any letters. I think it's Pietrangelo and Steen

Uhhh i'm pretty sure he does

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

drat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veskit posted:

Steen was on IR for a time this year, right? Maybe Ott had it during that.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Are you guys doing some high level trolling of me or are you all seriously this dumb? First, Steve Ott was injured all year. Second, there is no way in hell Steve loving Ott would have a letter.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Veskit posted:

Go away you're dumb.

My hometown was the setting for the Comedy Central "for TV" movie "Poor White Trash"

The universe has already insulted me far worse than anyone else ever could

Edit: the Sharks are my west coast team but now is not the time for civility

Professor Bling fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 13, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Veskit posted:

you know you could just check http://blues.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Blues / Sharks should be full of epic trolling between Steve Ott and Joe Thornton.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mike_V posted:

That is the police and I advise you to check out Chicago to see how it is professionally done and at least our city was pissed off enough to riot.

I don't really have any animosity towards the Sharks aside from 2000 or whatever when the loving Presidents Cup winning Blues lost to them in the first round.

EDIT: But let's get real with some poo poo posting:

show me where I said Boston was a bastion of racial tolerance. also I don't live there.

if you want to make fun of where I live (DC) you could do something with politicians, the murder rate, how it's not a state, how our public transportation is litearlly on fire, etc

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike_V posted:

Are you guys doing some high level trolling of me or are you all seriously this dumb? First, Steve Ott was injured all year. Second, there is no way in hell Steve loving Ott would have a letter.

I simply trusted Veskit. A mistake I will be sure not to repeat.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

gently caress all the haters go Blues!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Ott was captain on the Sabres, not the Blues

there was this though:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man I was okay with the Blues for a while but most of BAS is awful.

Sorry bewbies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're BAS. They're... BLAS I guess?

Still right though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Boston fans here are pretty good. Even Fateo.

He's just barely self-aware enough.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also I'm biased because the 2013 SCF GDTs were amicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Mike_V posted:

I don't look at captains with my eyes, I look at them with my heart. In that regard Ott is definitely at least wearing an A. I would say the person with the most heart on your team is ken hitchcock considering how much blood he has to pulse through that blubbery body of his, but I don't think that's true either because he looks like the kind of guy who relies heavily on a pacemaker.

• Locked thread