Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

How you gonna win Jon Cooper? You gonna employ the ghost of David Bowie to clone Hedman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Did any of yinz Pens fans see this?

https://twitter.com/primantibros/status/733395691553312768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Kielbasa, the more high quality cousin of the hot dog.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Which, if you're familiar with the Pittsburgh accent, is pronounced "keel-bah-see"

I grew up in Butler, PA. I am VERY familiar with Pittsburghese.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

My Altoid parents pronounce it "Kuh-bossy".

I recently slipped up and exposed my Yinzer roots by pronouncing it this way in front of my wife. :smith:

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Lookin' more and more like a Pens/Sharks SCF. Nice.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

fits posted:

lets go sharks/bolts

i want to believe

Nah bro. Unless TB comes up with an answer for HBK they're hosed.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

I want the blues to face the Pens mostly because of my bracket but they're sucking so loving much now that I don't think I'll see it happen.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Edit: Whoops, double postin'.

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 20, 2016

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Remember how Hulk Hogan would show up whenever Malkin would score a goal at Consol and also the same time would shill for the Flyers.

But then again Hulk Hogan is a garbage human being

Are you talking about the Malkimania guy? Cause that was a Pens fan with cancer that died last year who just happened to resemble Hulk Hogan. :smith:

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Schremp Howard posted:

Ate the HBK sandwich that was posted earlier, can confirm as cool and good. Hope the Penguins can also be cool and good.

Nice! I don't live in Pittsburgh anymore so I appreciate the trip report. Also I'm glad to see the West is also now a best of 3.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

I'm not sure how the Pens can recover from losing Daley. Maatta is too loving slow to be effective against the Bolts and Pouliot is completely untested. I guess all the offensive lines need to heat up and create a heap of pucks in the back of the net to mask it.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Do or die, Sully. Put Murray in net and keep Beau benched. Pens have beaten the Bolts twice in a row this series already. There's no reason they can't find a way to do it again. No matter what it's still going to be a better outcome than the shitshow that was the 2013 ECF.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

MrMojok posted:

That Crosby goal was some sick poo poo.

Does anybody remember a clip of him behind the opponent's goal, where he skated from one side of the goal to the other, then back, and back across again with one defender chasing him the whole time and it looked like something out of a Looney Tunes cartoon?

I used to have that saved on a YouTube playlist but the uploaded had his account deleted, and I can't find it anymore.

Maybe it was this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4zQvxnAYY

Spezza was doing his damndest too. Just no keeping up with Sid 1-on-1.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

Penguins, I need you to present me a scenario where either Kessel or Burns gets on the cup. Thank you in advance.

If the Pens make the Finals and lose to the Sharks I won't even be that mad. I'll just be sad that Philip "Hotdogs" Kessel will not get to fill the bowl with ketchup and relish for dipping.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Crosby's dirt squirrel was just a little more magical than Boyle's. Sharks are huge, grizzled fuckers, but the Pens are fast and agile. I can't wait for this series. Go Pens.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

Phthisis posted:

I am very excited to be going to the cup and I hope that the Pens win.

Although, the Sharks are cool and good, and even though I do not care about their team, I will not be upset at all if they win instead.

Agreed. I've never had any Sharks hate. I'm always alright with it when a team that has never won a cup before finally brings it home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

I'm really proud of the Bolts for not going out like a wet fart. This game had to have given nearly every Primanti's-lined artery in every Pens fan in the crowd palpitations on a regular basis.

• Locked thread