Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

AAB posted:

Woah drat just when you thought these wouldn't be EXCITING and HIGH SCORING series'--

Haha who are we kidding, these teams (for the most part) all have good goalies!
all the games are gonna be 11-12 with 2 OTs and SA will become profitable based on spiteful av changes.

welcome to the finals, assholes.

I'm holding out hope that Murray will come down with imposter syndrome and the Pens will have to start MAF at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Something something traditional hockey market.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

My dog died long before the race even started so I'm going to cheer for a series longer than four games, during which Healy and Cherry and JR all say a bunch of dumb poo poo, a guy gets hurt but plays anyway, and the winner is decided by the players instead of the refs.

Go that thing I said and also gently caress the Penguins for no reason other than that it's fun to hate somebody who's doing better than you.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Fozzie Bear posted:

I will cheer for the penguins, because maybe, just maybe, if Kessel wins the stanley cup, he will take it to steve simmons house with a pile of hot dogs and spend the day.

I've changed my mind. This is a good reason for the Pens to win.

Go CNST Go!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"Your City Sucks" chat is gonna be great this offseason :munch:

If I happen to blunder into Pittsburgh, do I want to see a game at the New IglooCEC? What did the round 2 nosebleeds go for?

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 13, 2016

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Only about $100 for Game 6 actually. I wouldn't expect them to go for any more in the ECF since no one cares about Tampa.

Hmm, that's still pretty reasonable considering it's the third round against a really good team that nobody cares about for some odd reason and their giant goaltender.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Veskit posted:

gently caress Elliot and his dumbass face I still don't believe he's a good goalie there's no way he was I don't understand how he was a dogshit joke of a goalie then became "good". He's not good, he's just got some dmen to cover for him. A lot of people don't remember how bad he was but i did

The 10-11 Senators were a complete dumpster fire on defense, and Elliott was only in his late 20s and hadn't figured out how to keep his gigantic five-hole closed when moving laterally. You can hang a lot of things on him, and the way he moves across the crease continues to terrify me, but I think he should get a pass for that horrible horrible season.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

2006 Senators are still the best post-lockout team IMO, and I got to watch them lose a series in 5 where they had 6 of the top 7 players and a ton of depth everywhere. Made worse because with the incoming cap crunch it was fairly obvious we were losing a huge chunk of the team. Even for as soul crushing as 2003 was, there was a good bit of optimism from the breakout season, everyone was young and the loss was more understandable.

Head and shoulders above everything but two elbows.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

DOOMocrat posted:

The Bishop thing makes more sense as he's been quoted as saying the injury is not as bad as he first imagined and Cooper using words like "hopeful" that he'll play again.

"Again" meaning "ever" as opposed to "Friday".

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Coach's Challenge: Did the puck hit an attacking player's stick before going over the glass during a PK?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Getting the right call is really important but maybe a guy raising his back foot half a ballhair off the ice while crossing the blue line during a 3-on-1 and then doing nothing on a scoring play isn't the sort of thing we should be taking ten minute breaks for.

It's like the toe in the crease nonsense, and it'll be patched out for the same reasons.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Flyinglemur posted:

So Team A scores and Team B challenges. Video review shows there was no offsides so the goal stands and Team B goes shorthanded for 2 minutes? That sounds dumber than Delay of Game for a puck over the glass.

The solution for that is not to dick the officials around by protesting marginal offside calls that had no effect on the play so you can buy time for another kind of appeal or rest your players, which seems to be what most of these challenges are being used for.

Drop the puck.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Specifically, the Bolts half of that equation.

WouldDesk posted:

So just "fishing." Fishing and hunting both immediately became more competitive the day camera phones went on their first date with Facebook. I live I Oklahoma and wear my Minnesota Wild t-shirt you sent me while performing said competitive sports. :hfive:

I'd say that the call had about the most drastic effect on the play that a call can possibly have on a play. Hot play take.

I'd say a guy with who lifted his back skate off the ice doesn't magically become some uncounterable force of offsideness, but we all get different things out of a conversation I guess.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

DOOMocrat posted:

Penguins, I need you to present me a scenario where either Kessel or Burns gets on the cup. Thank you in advance.

Vasilevskiy's contract is up next year. His agent makes a huge demand in the offseason, Bolts reject it, trade him and an AHL forward to Pittsburgh for Kessel and his contract, Murray and spare parts.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It says NBC is mad because the ratings suck, especially in the West.

So the solution is to make people like the brand less. Let's see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Isn't the entire NHL viewing market basically a rounding error to begin with?

• Locked thread