Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
If Florida could have made it this would have been the perfect set of conference finalists (actually Nashville managing to finish top 4 in their division and emerging as the finalist versus San Jose would be true paradise) but this is a pretty awesome set of teams and pretty much any Cup champion will be a great result (for me, as a Pens fan, at least).

If the Pens do manage to outlast the Lightning and Western team, then a great silver lining for the people who dislike Pitt could be a Phil Kessel Conn Smythe and all of the tweets that will inundate Steve Simmons.

And if the Pens get knocked out, then I really hope that Marleau gets the Conn and someone at NBC sends Roenick down to interview him on the ice. Or Jumbo Joe gets it, that would be a lovely way to dismiss all those idiots who questioned leadership and toughness and whatnot over the years.

Hmm, guess I've just ensured a Lightning-Blues finals, welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

all you have to do is read some of their fan's posts

Hey now, every carton has a few bad eggs, but don't lump us all together

ElwoodCuse posted:

I hope Phil Kessel wins the conn smythe and Steve Simmons lights himself on fire

Supporter of two just causes = a good Pens fan post

But seriously I don't read the GDT so perhaps some people are being idiots in there, but the N/V has seemed fairly cordial? There's some obvious occasions of a poster being ironically cocky with "Penguins are marvelous and will win it all" type stuff just being thrown out regardless of context, which I think is funny for a very very short time and then becomes tedious, but also whatever, it's nowhere near as trolly/ignorant/contentious as some stuff in other sports threads.

Anyways, enough posting about posters posting from me! Very happy that the Pens continue to get better at controlling the pace and possession, and it was great to see the continued aggression up 2-0 and 2-1 pay off with a fairly comfortable final margin. Really happy with Sullivan's system and how it's coalesced with the existing players and new additions.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Espo interrupts the play by play to audibly grumble whenever a Tampa player fucks up

Every duo should include a dissatisfied dad/grandpa, doubly so if the other person is a homer. No homrs club.

Oh man, can't wait for that grumble-mumble-role to be filled by an aged fancy stats believer at some point, getting cantankerous about OZ% deployment for the talented rookies and other good poo poo.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hooray Sharks, really happy the team and their fans got to celebrate their first conference win on home ice, that was great.

Man, teams I've rooted for are 12/13 so far, with the sole exception being the Panthers losing to the Isles. Pretty good playoffs!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dream Cup Finals, here we goooooo.

Who had all those Gravity Falls Pens gifts, Flyinglemur or someone else?

• Locked thread