Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mostly don't want them to win because I don't want the people of St. Louis to have any joy in their bleak, racist, lives.

This is rich coming from a Boston fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Did you know that one of the country's largest concentration of white nationalists is in California? If you think that most cities aren't incredibly racist, you are sadly mistaken about the state of racism in America.

I am also 100% sure that guy is from Jefferson County (which is like 45-60 minutes away from St. Louis) or some place in Illinois.

Anyways, I am really hoping Hitch doesn't dress Ott more than one game in this series, but I have a feeling he'll start him the first couple and Ott will take a bunch of dumb penalties.

EDIT: Not sure if you're really dense or joking, but that poll is incredibly fake and says so in it.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 13, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I'm going to assume anyone rooting against the Blues is a Stan Kroenke supporter.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

. Bah its a fake.

I shouldve known when zero Blue Jays said they would vote for Trump. Fake pollster gave the Canadian intellect wayyyy too much credit.

You should've known when they had more White Sox fans voting Trump than Cubs fans.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The Blues have averaged more GPG this playoffs than the Dallas Stars, Washington Capitals, New York Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks, and Florida Panthers, all supposedly fun, high scoring teams.

Is this what it was like to be a Devils fan in the 90s?

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 13, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

That should come with an asterisk since they played Dallas.

Also holy poo poo is Ott really the Blues captain? Seeing his face be the first to lift the cup would almost be worth it for the SAS tears.

No, David Backes is the captain. Ott barely plays anymore.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

ha ha ya here in the Lou we just shoot the black people we're afraid of. way easier.

That is the police and I advise you to check out Chicago to see how it is professionally done and at least our city was pissed off enough to riot.

I don't really have any animosity towards the Sharks aside from 2000 or whatever when the loving Presidents Cup winning Blues lost to them in the first round.

EDIT: But let's get real with some poo poo posting:

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 13, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Veskit posted:

Yeah cause there are black people in San Francisco, and the gentrification of oakland definitely hasn't made it more white.

Go away you're dumb.

Ohh poo poo Ott was captain of buffalo that's right. HE STILL WEARS THE A THOUGH SO gently caress THAT GUY MY POINT STILL STANDS

Steve Ott doesn't wear any letters. I think it's Pietrangelo and Steen

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Are you guys doing some high level trolling of me or are you all seriously this dumb? First, Steve Ott was injured all year. Second, there is no way in hell Steve loving Ott would have a letter.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think a Bolts/Blues final would be very good. jmo though

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

RC Cola posted:

They also have Reaves

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

You'll have a free jersey waiting for you if you switch alliances.

gently caress Stan Kroenke.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

bewbies posted:

I will have you know that the following cities are not garbage, Munich, Portland, Amsterdam so gently caress you and your terrible opinion

also I really seriously thought the game was tonight and was even making plans with people to go watch it and was very surprised to learn it is tomorrow, why the hell is it tomorrow

Sharks would've had one day off between rounds is my guess.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The way to beat the Blues is to have an offense that is balanced, not top-heavy like the Stars and Hawks. I can't say if San Jose has that, but they are more likely than the previous two opponents.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Both of those teams got within one of winning even with their top heavy lines.

Ok, but did they win??

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Did anyone else's NHL.tv subscription seemingly end today? I was on a monthly plan so maybe that was it, but I had been able to watch every playoff game up until today.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Apparently Tarasenko isn't on the ice this morning and speculation is his wife is having a baby. Hope he's back for tonight!!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I've come to the sad and humbling realization that if the Blues win tonight, this season will be the best they've ever done in the Playoffs (in terms of games won).

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I guess they could've spent the segment talking about a stray cat or something equally non-pertinent to sports.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If I have to hear Ken Hitchcock talk about how his players need to not take dumb penalties and then he still dresses Steve Ott I'm going to lose my mind

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

tofes posted:

he wasn't even right!

I actually was as of like 10 minutes left in that game unless NBCSN was lying! Sharks probably added a bunch when they had a 2 minute 6 on 5!

You and Veskit (other Sharks posters are fine) make it fairly easy to want a Pens Cup win.

It's about time to look at what the Blues need to do in the offseason. First, Brouwer needs to not be re-signed. Second, unless Backes is willing to take like a 4 year deal under 6 per (he won't), I don't mind seeing him go because his type of play isn't one that translates effectively as he gets older. Third, I'd like to see the Blues try to move up in the top 10 or acquire a young scorer by moving Shattenkirk and some other piece if necessary. Hitch is probably going to retire or otherwise not be back next year, so hopefully a new coach who embraces offense instead of chasing hits will have more to work with. Realistically, next year is probably a step back while the team re-tools and then 17-18 the Blues will be ready for a Cup run as players like Fabbri and Parayko get more experience under their belt while the 'core' of Tarasenko, Pietro, Schwartz etc are near their peak.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 20, 2016

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If Steve Ott did this could you imagine the breathless posts about how much of a piece of poo poo he is?

https://streamable.com/8o21

Jumbo is actually a really loving dirty player, he speared Fabbri in the dick in their final game of the season after the whistle too.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If Fabbri can't play tonight I'm gonna be very upset!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

The X-Factor for the remainder of the Blues playoffs is Tarasenko. Dude has not been great since the Chicago series has ended, but the Blues have won and/or kept it even without him turning on God Mode. Part of that is probably due to the other team double teaming him and stuff, but I think he has the capacity to flip the switch and win a game or two by himself. It would be nice to see one of those games tonight.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Pietrangelo had a godawful loving game and so did Bouwmeester. No idea what the gently caress they were doing. Blues also show why they are the worst team in the league with an empty net.

NO idea why they've been so bad at home in the playoffs but good on the road, but it bodes well for a game 7 disappointment.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Jake only gave up one bad goal that had any meaning last night. If the Blues want to win they need to loving play defense.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

So I can't tell what SAS thinks: Hitchcock is either a great coach or a total idiot? Can someone help me out here because I don't see anyone dogpiling on these other posters for calling Hitch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Go Bolts/Pens.

• Locked thread