Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?
Props to Fedule for doing 3 lps simultaneously. It's a level of insanity we can only dream of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?

Scalding Coffee posted:

Not as insane as the guy doing five or six LPs.

That's a level of insanity best not dreamt of, because it will lead to nightmares.

Also given the typical length between updates for vlr the speed with which updates are occurring for the other two is akin to hyper speed.

Related: is it easier to do a video lp than a sslp or does it depend on the type of game being played?

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?

Benach posted:

The whole "hundreds of years have passed" becomes even more meaningless when you realize that everything was just stagnant for those hundreds of years. Basically no advancement in technology or knowledge and people still have the dumbest problems that should have been addressed ages ago. Sure, it's the apocalypse, but it's such a slow burning one people should've done things instead of doing nothing.
Of course, you can argue that that's part of the game's writing, but I doubt it.

Am I misunderstanding something? From the intro episode, I got that time as it exists is still moving - otherwise how could we now be 500 years in the future - but human aging/creation has ceased. So externally humans continue to move through the fabric of spacetime which doesn't necessarily negate the possibility of technological advancement.

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?

Blind Sally posted:

I'd actually say it depends on the game. I mean, usually, sure, VLPs are easier but depending on the game and your workflow, the difference in time can be negligible and your control over the final product could be greater. When I did Dark Crusade, I took screenshots as a I played, but as it was an SSLP I was able to frame and pose angles in specific ways only possible as an SSLP. This allowed me to tell a narrative LP in precisely the way I wanted to. In term of time spent screenshotting images versus recording game footage, the difference was minimal and I spent far, FAR less time having to edit audio commentary and video footage so I actually found that to be a pretty quick SSLP.

Again, depends on the game, though VLPs usually take less time.

Thanks. So I should also take type of LP into account when looking at time between updates.

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?
Thanks for finishing this game, Artix and Fedule. I remember being really sad when porklift stopped playing the series, so it's good to finally see it through to the end. (And maybe now see more vlr?)

• Locked thread