Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So one thing I found kind of amusing when I played through the game: Lightning has to return to The Ark at 6am each day. It gives her a brief period of down time. But remember, time stops... even more than it already has, when she's up there.

I don't really think it's that much of a spoiler to say each day starts at 6am. So, she returns literally the instant she left, from an outside perspective.

To everyone that's not Hope, Lightning is just non-stop Saving people 24/7 for the entirety of the game, no breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Would it be spoilers to talk about why Light Slash is really really good for the super-late/end game? I like the game mechanics behind why it becomes good.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Oh I can't wait for when we get back to the 'magic word'. It is a glorious thing, and the reward is actually pretty drat useful.

I liked the food quest when I did it. I did it at night, so I got to see all the pretty Yusnaan lights for the duration.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Quiet Guardian was how I beat the game's ultimate super boss. Definitely a contender for best garb in the game.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Been a while since I played, but I think I remember Gaunts getting access to Aeroga in later days. THAT'S when they really start sucking. Or I might be thinking of another enemy entirely.

Anyway, Gaunts aren't the worst thing you'll run into there, not by a longshot.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Finally you guys have talked about the extinction mechanic.

I wasted so much time trying to genocide the Meonektons before finally looking up that there were that many of them. Hate them.

Anubii are just straight up infinite, given a thing that won't appear until right near the end of the game. I also spent a whole bunch of time killing them... almost as much as every other enemy put together. It 'helped' that in their case they give out 1 EP each (on normal); so you get infinite Chronostasis as long as you encounter them fast enough.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
First time through, I fought Noel way too early. I only managed to win because of the Cloud outfit. It's a VERY good early game crutch.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Black Mage
with
Thundara and Mediguard.

Also, I'm all for naming the three schemata XIII, 13, and Thirteen.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So, that Gaunt look-alike you avoided fighting in the woods; the first enemy I hunted to extinction. Their spawn rate and ability to catch you is so annoying I spammed chronostasis and ran in circles until they could no longer bother me.

Made walking around in the woods much more pleasant.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Dust and Shadow garb.
Light Slash
Curse
Aerora

Make the color palate some form of desert camo: Lots of tan/brown/white.

Also: If you're accepting weapon suggestions as well, the phys/mag balance swords are all really cool. Figure this is a good all around setup for tackling the Dunes.

Weeble fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 8, 2016

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
That video triggered me on memories of fighting Dryads. Gah.

Don't remember where in the game it is, but there's an accessory that gives permanent Enfire. Combine that with Blitz to make Dryad fights manageable.

Then spam Chronostasis and run in circles to hunt them to extinction. Who cares about Aero/ra/ga.

I distinctly remember at least one fight that got all the way to Dryad L. gently caress Dryads.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So, does the PC port still implement trophies/achievements in some way? If not, how do you get Pallas Athena?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Yes, if you run two physical schemata you can Deprotect Chase a launched enemy. It's quite fun.

On another note, that Miqo'te garb is one of the most useful in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Magic Slash is indeed far and away the best form of DPS against Aeronite. It does simultaneous physical and magical damage. Aeronite, in the course of being 4x staggered, gets the Unprotected and Unshelled debuffs. You can then further apply Deprotect and Deshell (and Imperil). Stack this with Bravery and an En-element potion. All together, Magic Slash will hit as hard as your Artemis Arrows were hitting, but much MUCH faster and for less atb. As an extra bit, you can work in the timed hits to further crank the damage up.

On another note: I've skipped some episodes, but have you used Army of One onscreen yet?

• Locked thread