Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Need in? I can get you in tonight.

Got it taken care of, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
The anti-EQMS post on the UOF forums these days is amazing. People are really getting riled up.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Doing the lord's work gentlemen. Teach these heathens the wages of sin.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

The anti-EQMS post on the UOF forums these days is amazing. People are really getting riled up.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/pvp-video-eqms-destroying-power-archersnon-only-fucks-dimes-now.81887

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQN31SNPGks

Theres never been a better time to join up and drink tears

Famine
May 8, 2004
I think im going to play again

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Famine posted:

I think im going to play again

Did you ever get added to the guild? I know you skyped me but.... my memory :(

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one
Sea champs are coming. Should be interesting.

solarisin
Jun 23, 2009

Horizontally Opposed
bumping for invite

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Is Seek still in the guild? He is PM'ing me about the 120 taming, and is calling me a loving human being because I don't want to trade it for 4k dono.

I won't be able to get online until probably tomorrow night or so.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Hey, a new thread.

I definetly want to start playing this again. Could use some help with hotkeys and everything though. My biggest frustration for this game is getting everything set up.

Edit: As soon as I log in through Sallos I get "connection lost." No title screen or anything. I tried reinstalling and moving stuff around but I'm nit having any luck.

DrKrankenwagen fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 13, 2016

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Is Seek still in the guild? He is PM'ing me about the 120 taming, and is calling me a loving human being because I don't want to trade it for 4k dono.

If you're selling a 120 taming for a reasonable prince lmk, I still need one.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Seek is gone from the guild -- good PVPer, horrible emo attitude.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

DrKrankenwagen posted:

Hey, a new thread.

I definetly want to start playing this again. Could use some help with hotkeys and everything though. My biggest frustration for this game is getting everything set up.

Edit: As soon as I log in through Sallos I get "connection lost." No title screen or anything. I tried reinstalling and moving stuff around but I'm nit having any luck.

There some patches that were released in June for sallos that will fix this for you -- if you need help, hit me up on skype: GluttonySDS

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

FormerFatty posted:

Seek is gone from the guild -- good PVPer, horrible emo attitude.

Long time coming, IMO. Poison in the well.

I'm gonna just use the 120 on my 2nd tamer.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I'm interested in getting back in and drinking tears, but the pictures in this link is broken. I'm too stupid to follow text directions, anyone else have a little tutorial or might be willing to help me in game?

Edit: I'm really good at finding real estate. Anyone wanna kick me a loan for my real estate buisness :P

Also I'm looking at Tank Mage for a template. Any reason not to?

MageMage fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 22, 2016

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

MageMage posted:

I'm interested in getting back in and drinking tears, but the pictures in this link is broken. I'm too stupid to follow text directions, anyone else have a little tutorial or might be willing to help me in game?

Edit: I'm really good at finding real estate. Anyone wanna kick me a loan for my real estate buisness :P

Also I'm looking at Tank Mage for a template. Any reason not to?

Stun mage is probably what you wanna go with -- tank mages arent that viable in this era.

Vessy
Oct 9, 2012
Also restarted again on this server, mostly pvming, ingame name Vesar

picklefish
Aug 7, 2013
do they delete characters after awhile? i might come back boys

Vessy
Oct 9, 2012

picklefish posted:

do they delete characters after awhile? i might come back boys

My old toons were still there and I started during the beginning and didn't play for 2 years

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Have they done anything with crafting at all since I played 18 months ago or is it pretty much the same?

Last time I had played they had just added colored logs I think

Vessy
Oct 9, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Have they done anything with crafting at all since I played 18 months ago or is it pretty much the same?

Last time I had played they had just added colored logs I think

Only as a buyer, apparently you can craft slayer weapons which are silver weapons for non undead enemies, and runic weapons which are execeptional weapons + magical modifiers.

There's also seems like new kinds of armor, like valorite platemail, dragon scale armor, slayer armor etc

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yea ok sounds like the same as when I played, I was just curious if anything else had been expanded with that

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
I did it. I installed sallos, made a guy and I am now fixing his skills because naturally I hosed up. He is a sword Mage and is fun to fight monsters but players kick the poo poo out of me because I forget what I tied the paralyze spell to.

I walked by Goon City and it was cool. I need to get in and I think I have a grip on the game enough to not be a bitch.

El Presidente is his name. He was already called racist poo poo and is currently stuck on a desert town because he forgot to buy mandrake root.

Should I just skype the leader guy when I'm on next? I would love to clobber these fucktards because they deserve it.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ogilvie posted:

Should I just skype the leader guy when I'm on next? I would love to clobber these fucktards because they deserve it.

yes -- skype: GluttonySDS

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is GMing a smith at all worth while at this point on the server or does every dude bro have at least one?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Are there any challenging but doable hard PVM encounters on this shard that anyone in the group ever does?

I know PVP is the main attraction but I thought it would be cool if any of the random dungeons or whatever were actually doable. Last I remember they were absolutely not because as soon as anyone goes in they are instantly killed by 20 monsters and there's just no way to clear them.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is the town of Delucia on this shard? Also, where is the goon town located?

Edit: Nevermind, don't see it on the wiki must not be on the server.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 9, 2016

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Texibus posted:

Is GMing a smith at all worth while at this point on the server or does every dude bro have at least one?

I mean... I wouldnt waste your time on it -- i dont think its a good way to make money due to saturation and there isnt much of need in the guild for GM armor and weapons.

Texibus posted:

Is the town of Delucia on this shard? Also, where is the goon town located?

Edit: Nevermind, don't see it on the wiki must not be on the server.

Nope no delucia here.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Are there any challenging but doable hard PVM encounters on this shard that anyone in the group ever does?

I know PVP is the main attraction but I thought it would be cool if any of the random dungeons or whatever were actually doable. Last I remember they were absolutely not because as soon as anyone goes in they are instantly killed by 20 monsters and there's just no way to clear them.

Theres plenty of challenging PVM encounters on here... RDAs, champs, mini bosses, etc -- while I dont really like PVM, we have a LARGE contingent of PVM players now and we end up doing lots of PVM bosses as they create PVP for us and get us rich.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Too late, I'm in too deep, 10k in ingots and nearly a gm miner.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Is the guild on Discord or only skype/mumble

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FormerFatty posted:

Theres plenty of challenging PVM encounters on here... RDAs, champs, mini bosses, etc -- while I dont really like PVM, we have a LARGE contingent of PVM players now and we end up doing lots of PVM bosses as they create PVP for us and get us rich.

Oh nice. How many people regularly play in the goon group nowadays?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh nice. How many people regularly play in the goon group nowadays?

Id say theres about 10 actives on mumble during the day and about 20-25 at night... with more not using mumble and just in game alliance chat(hate these people).

The goon guild is dominant in both PVP and PVE now -- there is no better time to start playing again.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow that is actually way more than I thought.

Maybe I'll check it out again, I think I still have like a million in the bank or something from last time I played

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Got everything reinstalled, even dug up all my old macros from my previous install (whew), so I can pretty much get back into things pretty quickly.

I apparently had about a million gold in the bank too from selling out all my vendor poo poo from last time.

Are any of the dexer talismans worth doing? poo poo like "have a 25% chance of swinging twice every 30 seconds" sounds terrible offhand but people are saying the berserker talisman is really good so maybe I'm missing some part of the equation. The resilience one actually sounded good to me since you could just tank everything and who cares if it takes awhile to kill, it sounds pretty safe, but people are saying that's like the worst one on the forums.

TheLordOfKraa
Jun 1, 2013

Just getting back to UOF, and loving every minute of it. Got destroyed in Shame earlier, and then managed to kill some awful Dexxer. I cant even imagine why anybody would stop playing this game.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I just got my meta dexer talisman and I'm up like a million at poker which is pretty cool, hopefully I can just grind out enough to get some relics on it soon

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I played some BDO and the goon guild fell apart and the game lost all its fun. I want to get into UO but barely ever got into it. Is there some guide for a complete noob to the game I should read?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*struts into the thread with a big vanq supreme hally casually over his shoulder* hey guys whats up. Ultima Online Freeshard Big Shot here. You might reemmeber me from IPY, Redemption, and UOG (Hybrid and the t2a one). I see theres a krrios client here? seems like some bull poo poo for cheating scripting bastards. you got the inside on the """good plugins""" ?? Any of my mans around here? Big ups to the big man Famine ITT - epic legendary Gamer. Ruleset seems like some bull poo poo? We got the Harm Meta in here? Purple pot script FuckTardia in Sosaria? You might remember my guild, a little something called gently caress Blues? *tips bonnet and cruises through a perfectly placed other-side gate*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also please tell me what thread tag you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I've always tried to get into UO but I was just super bad at it. Are there any videos of how to do things? like training skills efficiently, combat/magic, not being poo poo?

• Locked thread