Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The power windows on my 01 Cherokee driver's side is out of synch (I kbow, I know.. jeeps and their electrical problems :(). Thank God I was able to get it up. Hahahaha. But tomorrow when I was supposed to be fishing I'll have to peel the door apart and fix it. The motor is still working I think something just went off track. It won't do anything now. Hopefully it's an easy fix because I need that window for drive through. Hmmmmmm................quite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Out of sync with what? What the hell do Jeep windows synchronize with?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

notZaar posted:

Out of sync with what? What the hell do Jeep windows synchronize with?

The gears??? They aren't doing gear things and rolling the window up and down? gently caress. I don't know.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

THATS FUCKIGN AMAZING!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

im pooping! posted:

THATS FUCKIGN AMAZING!

More inconvenience than amazing. :shrug:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Keep your loving window up and just go fishing what the gently caress is wrong with you.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
sorry but you have to buy a new car now

its the only way to fix it

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I have a rock stuck in my wheel somewhere bouncing around and it sounds like I am dragging a tin can around everywhere I go.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you want a more powerful version of windows try installing gentoo

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

EvilJoven posted:

Keep your loving window up and just go fishing what the gently caress is wrong with you.

I like your style :)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

vols bitch posted:

sorry but you have to buy a new car now

its the only way to fix it

I have a new car too. And a really old one too. This is messing up my plans.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I have a rock stuck in my wheel somewhere bouncing around and it sounds like I am dragging a tin can around everywhere I go.

I'm sorry man. That's horrible.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Bees I expected better of you. Jeeps are dangerous, costly, and gas guzzly. You put your family at risk when you drive one of those death traps.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

If I had a dollar every time my jeep's passenger side front window came off its tracks and I had to secure it closed with packing tape till I could afford the repair, I'd have 2 dollars.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
King of Bees more like King of Beeing Having Broken Power Windows in His Trashy Old Jeep :smug: :smug: :smug:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

King of Bees posted:

The gears??? They aren't doing gear things and rolling the window up and down? gently caress. I don't know.

Gears don't "sync" they *mesh* you ignorant buffoon :rolleyes:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

Bees I expected better of you. Jeeps are dangerous, costly, and gas guzzly. You put your family at risk when you drive one of those death traps.

It's a nostalgia thing. And a off road thing. But more a nostalgia thing.

popewiles posted:

If I had a dollar every time my jeep's passenger side front window came off its tracks and I had to secure it closed with packing tape till I could afford the repair, I'd have 2 dollars.

That's two dollars more than I'm hoping to spend on fixing this power window problem. It's raining cats and dogs I'm so glad my window is up.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

fixing a power window is easy please don't be a chump

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You cannot control that much power

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

notZaar posted:

Gears don't "sync" they *mesh* you ignorant buffoon :rolleyes:

Jesus man. I've been owned enough by these naggin electrical problem.s.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't get jeeps. Why would you not just get a truck so the back tires aren't butt raping you every time you go over some terrain? :shrug:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't get jeeps. Why would you not just get a truck so the back tires aren't butt raping you every time you go over some terrain? :shrug:

I've been a cherokke man my whole life. I was born a Cherokee man and will die a cherokke man. It's a horrifying curse.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UmVrW2Tghs

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
It's a Jeep thing :smuggo:

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My AC went. I checked YouTube and it was a $15 part from Amazon I changed with a wrench in under five minutes.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Stay safe, King of Bees, I would hate for something bad to happen to you.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

It's a Jeep thing :smuggo:

It's a very small van is what it is. :colbert:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

tenspott posted:

My AC went. I checked YouTube and it was a $15 part from Amazon I changed with a wrench in under five minutes.

I'm hoping this is me. This Jeep has 300k on it. Really hoping everything isn't just dead. :(

Dreddout posted:

Stay safe, King of Bees, I would hate for something bad to happen to you.

Thanks friend. Got my head on a swivel.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

It's a very small van is what it is. :colbert:

It's pretty small for an SUV. Remember Bronco IIs? Hahahahha. That was my first car!

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Is it true? they added bash in the latest update?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chrystler build literal garbage during those years OP

literally garbage right off the factory floor

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hold on, I am parking. Give me a second.

Edit LookI don't have insurance. Hey! what is that! Zoom!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Chinatown posted:

chrystler build literal garbage during those years OP

literally garbage right off the factory floor

Yes I know. My other one was a 90 (the first year of Chrysler ownership?) And the paint peeled right off. However, it's hard to gently caress with the straight six they've made for a million years. Literally everything else will die besides the engine. The other stuff is pretty predicable too. Just gotta keep on top of it I suppose.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Yes I know. My other one was a 90 (the first year of Chrysler ownership?) And the paint peeled right off. However, it's hard to gently caress with the straight six they've made for a million years. Literally everything else will die besides the engine. The other stuff is pretty predicable too. Just gotta keep on top of it I suppose.

I sold that hot mess in San Diego to a guy who wanted a baha project truck. I wonder.....

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

King of Bees posted:

It's pretty small for an SUV. Remember Bronco IIs? Hahahahha. That was my first car!

Welp looks like you went from an actual car to a stiff board with a motor on it then.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Welp looks like you went from an actual car to a stiff board with a motor on it then.

It's a jeep thing :smuggo:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

All jeeps do this since wwii

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
hmm a 15 year old vehicle's power window failed on the most common side of use hmmm wow this is .. wow

edit: thats funny though my first car was a bronco ii

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

if your jeep hangs out with other jeeps they will start to sync up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

hmm a 15 year old vehicle's power window failed on the most common side of use hmmm wow this is .. wow

edit: thats funny though my first car was a bronco ii

Mine was blue and white.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

if your jeep hangs out with other jeeps they will start to sync up

That's the weird thing.

• Locked thread