Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

is Canada a civ yet

I know we're the most boring country ever but I want to play as us and be the boring, boring man I was destined to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yeah I just always thought it was weird that Canada/Australia got jack poo poo so consistently throughout the series.

I'm not going to say it deserves to be in more than any other civ, I'm just saying it's like the easiest civ to make. Mounties are RIGHT THERE, and have an very deep history of intense combat, like that time they chased a crazy man through the woods. Or that other crazy man. Okay it's mostly just insane fur trappers and gold rushmen but isn't that what all civs are when you really think about it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Dogpiling isn't the AI playing to win, it's the AI playing to make you lose.

If you're okay with being dogpiled when you're about to win, would you be okay with being dogpiled to prevent you from starting to win? What about right at the start of the game? If the AI's express purpose is to leverage every nation against you so that you lose why not just remove diplomacy and peace conditions from the game entirely and start in a permanent 1v7 war?

The role of the AI is not to prevent you from winning. It's to provide challenges and opportunities while you play.

i'm pretty sure it does this by trying to prevent you from winning so it can win