Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

As someone with ADHD I could not actually parse Beyond Earth's tech web so hopefully they make it significantly more readable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The main problem with beyond earth's web was the UI, I think. If they designed it better maybe I could actually understand it

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I hope the Iroquois are in VI and are significantly better

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Prism posted:

Does that mean we should remove America, too, since England's already in?

(Just to clarify, I don't think we need a Canadian civilization either but this is a really bad argument against it.)

E: DUMB POST

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Poil posted:

What's wrong with a pentagon or even a decent heptagon instead?

equilateral pentagons can't tessellate

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

I assumed that only triggered when you were trading for their last copy of a luxury

It also triggers if they don't like you or if you're way ahead

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

why wouldn't you want to be a bee anyway, bees are cool

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Micromanaging supply lines sounds like the opposite of fun

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Is it possible to buy property on Wizard Island?

Pretty sure crater lake is a national park

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

As much as this thread will complain about everything wrt Civ VI, about 90% of it will still buy the game at or near launch

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I like how expressive/cartoony they are but yeah that is not a good Cleopatra design at all

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I never played any 4. Was ICS a big deal?

yes

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

if you change such a core rule in the game at this late a stage in development, you hosed up and your game is probably poo poo

lmao okay

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

pissed about the choice of peter over catherine for russia

also disappointed that we're getting gandhi again

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I like the map/gameplay graphics and the leaders' graphical style is fine, but a lot of the leaders' actual designs are bad

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

There's a very good a rather well-known book called Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed which has a fair bit about the Norse settlements on Greenland and their interactions with the Inuit. The full text is here: https://archive.org/stream/CollapseHowSocietiesChooseToFailOrSucceed/Collapse-_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed_djvu.txt

Of note (and also with a mention of iron):

this is a jared diamond-free space tyvm

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Just have a Europe civ with leaders from a handful of different nations.

Boom, problem solved

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

So much virtue signaling in this thread I thought it was a TED talk

shut up idiot

e: Why do we need Europe AND the US? Just have one big white people civ

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

Because that'd be the only civ unless you started interpreting civilization very liberally.

:nallears:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Beyond Earth isn't necessarily bad, at least, not in the same way vanilla CiV was. It's just really loving boring, and miasma is dumb, and I have ADHD and literally can't read the tech web

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Ulvino posted:

Civ threads have a similar spiral to the Mass Effect one. The only thing left is for someone to mention Alpha Centauri and the circle will be complete.

Anyway I'm still watching gameplay videos from weeks ago so you can bet I'll be playing it day one until my eyes bleed.

Every single thread on this forum that runs for some period of time has a traceable spiral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

No sometimes you have to say Endless Legend