Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Home Improvement Rer-

what the gently caress?

I think you mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehNm4VVqJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

you're right. what a missed opportunity.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

:five:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

holy gently caress

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:(

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

:smith:

way to wreck the last good decade

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-XMtNEudQ

Pert
Aug 17, 2012
I often find that the best way to remember the 90s is to watch 90s TV shows that involve time travel back to the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27F3tR12OKI

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Post pictures of you being 90's as gently caress

(I'm the Sonic!)

If it wasn't for sonic and the power rangers costume, those pics could just as easily be from the 80s

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Shaquin posted:

white people were real concerned about bleached hair and large pants at the end of nineties

Remember around 99-00 normal-sized teenagers were wearing jeans that looked like they were made for obese people?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

Remember around 99-00 normal-sized teenagers were wearing jeans that looked like they were made for obese people?

Kevin Smith still wears them

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Benny Harvey posted:

Wearing JNCOs + Doc Martens meant that 95% of your time walking was spent trying not to trip over your own drat feet

Foogs
Nov 26, 2005

didn't the album notes / poo poo have some weird rambling about a crazy fan that killed all of his/her parents so he could go see a green day show?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Benny Harvey posted:

Skaters started in 91 with rope belts. I have no idea how that fad made it to 2000.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I was married when the 90's began. Still married, so either I did something right, or she has some undetected brain damage. I started teaching in 1991. Still teaching, so either I did something right, or I have some undetected brain damage.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

genesplicer posted:

I was married when the 90's began. Still married, so either I did something right, or she has some undetected brain damage. I started teaching in 1991. Still teaching, so either I did something right, or I have some undetected brain damage.

You're too old to have been negatively affected by dumb 90s fads aimed at kids/teenagers.

Now we could always start poking around in bad 80s fashion and hype...

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 15, 2016

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Minarchist posted:

You're too old to have been negatively affected by dumb 90s fads aimed at kids/teenagers.

Now we could always start poking around in bad 80s fashion and hype...

For about a month I had a bunch of students who dressed up like Kriss/Kross.

I had to start confiscating metal pog slammers after one kid registered his unhappiness at losing a game by using his slammer to dent the winner's forehead.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It would be worth my :10bux: to see w98's neagatives scanned at 4800 DPI just to bring the smell back

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

genesplicer posted:

I had to start confiscating metal pog slammers after one kid registered his unhappiness at losing a game by using his slammer to dent the winner's forehead.

Man, we used to play ninja and huck those at one another like shuriken. Must've been teachers' nightmare at the time.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

genesplicer posted:

Fuckin no fun allowed, whats next, banning trading cards? :mad:

I used to have a thick rear end steel slammer that was more like a cylinder 4 inches long. In the right hands you could probably beat someone to death with it. Also had a trash bag of worthless pogs I picked up at the flea market for five dollars. Good times.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Champenema posted:

It would be worth my :10bux: to see w98's neagatives scanned at 4800 DPI just to bring the smell back

I have all the negatives!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPXdBQmelWE&feature=youtu.be

Doesn't get more 90's than this.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

genesplicer posted:

A true Saint.

remember all of those school movies that came out in the 90s? Like the principle or whatever?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
OP just because you were born in 1998 doesn't mene you're a '90's kid

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Windows 98 posted:

Post pictures of you being 90's as gently caress

(I'm the Sonic!)

Why are you such an insane attention seeker? There will come a time in your life where you'll really regret pasting your life all over the internet.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

i remember the 90s. was watching a news story about some kind of massacre in the Balkans; and then they panned away from the corpses and focused on a pretty refugee chick for an interview or something. i got my first erection

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNfQlcIjAM

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

in the 90's or maybe the very end of the 80's i was a young child, a mere toddler, when i witnessed a police officer shoot and kill an intoxicating man for making a furtive gesture towards him and not complying with directions :gbsmith:

i lived in the projects, roaches and rats, hustlers in the back, selling they mama's sofas

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

this guy is the essence of of that krusty the clown pic lmao

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

to this day i always reference kel's love for orange soda when i partake in that particularly tasty beverage

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKdDaicCbcw

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shaquin posted:

probly the gang sign

According to the media, in the 90s every kid was on drugs and in a gang. The evening news even had segments to teach middle and upper class parents how to search their kids' rooms for weapons and drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkvVs91TUI

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The_Franz posted:

According to the media, in the 90s every kid was on drugs and in a gang. The evening news even had segments to teach middle and upper class parents how to search their kids' rooms for weapons and drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI

FTFY. The dangers of letting kids wear Zubaz pants.

Speaking of which, I was a teenager during the '90s and I only heard of Zubaz pants a few years ago. For something that was supposed to be an iconic fashion of the early '90s, I sure never encountered it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Young Freud posted:

FTFY. The dangers of letting kids wear Zubaz pants.

Speaking of which, I was a teenager during the '90s and I only heard of Zubaz pants a few years ago. For something that was supposed to be an iconic fashion of the early '90s, I sure never encountered it.

They were very early 90s and were part of the official white trash uniform of the time.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

They were very early 90s and were part of the official white trash uniform of the time.

I went to high school in Texas and graduated before 1995. I should have run into them but can't recall ever seeing them in the flesh.

Edit: Goddamn, I edited that to hide my real age and it still makes me feel loving old.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 15, 2016

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

They look like an 80s holdover. I don't ever remember seeing anyone wear them in real life, just spikey-haired body builders on TV and rad dude kids in advertisements.

I just remember 90s teen fashion being the era of horrid baggy clothes, flannel and the time when all of the sudden shorts had to extend below your knees and wearing ones that would be considered normal length during the previous decades apparently meant that you were gay.

I think the only reason the delinquent kids liked Jnco jeans was because they could go into stores and steal things by dropping them into the bottomless pockets. If you watched the lunch line in the cafeteria, you could watch kids drop 4 or 5 bottled drinks into the pockets and nobody could tell unless you watched them do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My dad bought a pair of Zubaz in the late 90s for some unknown reason. I later stole them and wore them around the house till they wore out.

• Locked thread