Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CBS Upfronts are on 5/18, post will be updated with longer synopses/cast lists/trailers and full schedules when available.

2015-2016 Scorecard

Returning Series
The Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls
Mom
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
NCIS New Orleans
Scorpion
Madam Secretary
Criminal Minds
Elementary
Hawaii Five-O
Blue Bloods
Zoo
Life in Pieces
The Odd Couple
Code Black
Criminal Minds Beyond Borders

Cancelled Series
Angel From Hell
CSI Cyber
Extant
The Good Wife
Mike & Molly
Person of Interest
Supergirl (Moving to CW)
Under The Dome
Limitless
Rush Hour

2015-16 Schedule (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY
8-8:30 PM — The Big Bang Theory
8:30-9 PM — KEVIN CAN WAIT
8-8:30 PM — KEVIN CAN WAIT (starting in October)
8:30-9 PM — MAN WITH A PLAN (starting in October)
9-9:30 PM — 2 Broke Girls
9:30-10 PM — The Odd Couple
10-11 PM — Scorpion

TUESDAY
8-9 PM — NCIS
9-10 PM — BULL
10-11 PM — NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8-9 PM — Survivor
9-10 PM — Criminal Minds
10-11 PM — Code Black

THURSDAY
8-11 PM ET/5-8 PM PT — NFL Thursday Night Football (Premieres Sept. 15)
8-8:30 PM — The Big Bang Theory (Starting Oct. 27)
8:30-9 PM — THE GREAT INDOORS (Starting Oct. 27)
9-9:30 PM — Mom (Starting Oct. 27)
9:30-10 PM — Life in Pieces (Starting Oct. 27)
10-11 PM – PURE GENIUS (Starting Oct. 27)

FRIDAY
8-9 PM –MACGYVER
9-10 PM — Hawaii Five-0
10-11 PM – Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

8-9 PM — Crimetime Saturday
9-10 PM — Crimetime Saturday
10-11 PM — 48 Hours

SUNDAY

7-8 PM — 60 Minutes
8-9 PM — NCIS: Los Angeles
9-10 PM — Madam Secretary
10-11 PM — Elementary

New Series

Drama

BULL

quote:

Michael Weatherly stars as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick. Bull employs an enviable team of experts at Trial Analysis Corporation to shape successful narratives down to the very last detail. They include his quick-witted brother-in-law, Benny Colón (Freddy Rodriguez), who plays a defense attorney in mock trials; Marissa Morgan (Geneva Carr), a cutting-edge neurolinguistics expert from the Department of Homeland Security; former NYPD detective Danny James (Jaime Lee Kirchner), the firm’s tough but relatable investigator; haughty millennial hacker Cable McCrory (Annabelle Attanasio), who is responsible for gathering cyber intelligence; and Chunk Palmer (Chris Jackson), a fashion-conscious stylist and former All-American lineman who fine tunes clients’ appearances for trial. In high-stakes trials, Bull’s combination of remarkable insight into human nature, three Ph.D.’s and a top-notch staff creates winning strategies that tip the scales of justice in his clients’ favor.

STUDIO: CBS TV Studios/Amblin Television/Stage 29 Productions

TEAM: Paul Attanasio (w, ep), Dr. Phillip C. McGraw (w, ep), Steven Spielberg (ep), Justin Falvey (ep), Darryl Frank (ep) Jay McGraw (ep), Rodrigo Garcia (d, ep)

CAST: Michael Weatherly, Freddy Rodriguez, Geneva Carr, Chris Jackson, Jaime Lee Kirchner, , Annabelle Attanasio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRbT53K9XZQ

DOUBT

quote:

Katherine Heigl stars as Sadie Ellis, a brilliant attorney at a boutique firm who starts to fall for her charismatic client, Billy Brennan (Steven Pasquale), an altruistic pediatric surgeon recently accused of murdering his girlfriend 24 years ago. Sadie is hiding her growing feelings from everyone, including her close friend and colleague, Albert Cobb (Dulé Hill), who thinks he knows everything about her. Working on other cases at the practice is Cameron Wirth (Laverne Cox), a transgender Ivy League graduate who fights passionately for her clients since she’s experienced injustice first hand; Tiffany Simon (Dreama Walker), a second-year associate who is quickly learning the ropes from Wirth; and Nick (Kobi Libii), a former felon who earned his degree while serving time. They all consider it a privilege to work for Isaiah Roth (Elliott Gould), a revered legal lion and “lefty” legend, whose approval is their holy grail. Sadie’s decision to become involved with her client could put her career, as well as her happiness, at risk if Billy is found guilty, which means she needs to work all the harder to prove reasonable doubt, even if she has some herself.

STUDIO: CBS TV Studios/Timberman/Beverly Prods

TEAM: Tony Phelan (ep), Joan Rater (ep), Adam Bernstein (d, ep), Carl Beverly (ep), Sarah Timberman (ep)

CAST: Katherine Heigl, Steven Pasquale, Laverne Cox, Dule Hill, Dreama Walker, Elliott Gould, Kobi Libii

MACGYVER

quote:

A reimagining of the classic series, is an action-adventure drama about 20-something Angus “Mac” MacGyver (Lucas Till) who creates a clandestine organization within the U.S. government where he uses his extraordinary talent for unconventional problem solving and vast scientific knowledge to save lives. Joining his team on high-risk missions around the globe is maverick former CIA agent Lincoln (George Eads). Under the aegis of the Department of External Affairs, MacGyver takes on the responsibility of saving the world, armed to the teeth with resourcefulness and little more than bubble gum and a paper clip.

STUDIO: CBS TV Studios/Atomic Monster

TEAM: Peter Lenkov (ep), Henry Winkler (ep), Lee Zlotoff (ep), James Wan (ep), Michael Clear (w, ep), David Von Ancken (d, ep)

CAST: Lucas Till, George Eads, Addison Timlin, Joshua Boone, Michelle Krusiec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS39X658Vw

PURE GENIUS

quote:

A cutting-edge medical drama about a young Silicon Valley tech titan who enlists an exceptional veteran surgeon with a controversial past to run a state-of-the-art hospital with an ultramodern approach to medicine. Billionaire genius James Bell (Augustus Prew) built Bunker Hill Hospital determined to revolutionize healthcare and treat the rarest and most challenging medical mysteries, at no charge. Bell persuades maverick surgeon Dr. Walter Wallace (Dermot Mulroney) to be his Chief of Staff, who believed medicine is a human endeavor, not technological, until a “eureka” moment at the hospital convinced him otherwise. Bell’s team of trailblazers includes Dr. Zoe Brockett (Odette Annable), an exceptional, fearlessly frank physician; Dr. Talaikha Channarayapatra (Reshma Shetty), an idealistic, maddeningly literal neurosurgeon who believes the hospital is a beacon for change; Dr. Malik Verlaine (Aaron Jennings), a former gangbanger now spearheading efforts to provide 24/7 health monitoring in poor neighborhoods via computer; Dr. Scott Strauss (Ward Horton), an intense neurologist with an Ivy league pedigree; and Angie Cheng (Brenda Song), an enthusiastic 3-D printer programming whiz. At Bunker Hill, Bell pairs the most brilliant minds in medicine with the most forward thinkers in technology, and cuts bureaucracy out of the equation, all in the interest of saving lives, including his own.

STUDIO: Universal TV/CBS TV Studios

TEAM: Jason Katims (w, ep), Michelle Lee (ep), David Semel (d, ep)

CAST: Augustus Prew, Dermot Mulroney, Brenda Song, Reshma Shetty, Ward Horton, Aaron Jennings, Odette Annable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-5-t4Njlc

TRAINING DAY

quote:

A crime thriller that begins 15 years after the events of the feature film, about a young, idealistic police officer who is tapped to go undercover in an elite squad of the LAPD where he partners with a veteran, morally ambiguous detective. Detective Frank Rourke (Bill Paxton) is the maverick head of the Special Investigation Section (S.I.S.) that hunts the city’s most dangerous criminals, and is one of the finest investigators the department has ever produced. However, when the LAPD brass notices Rourke’s penchant for operating in a gray area to fight the war on crime, they assign Kyle Craig (Justin Cornwell), a heroic, untarnished cop, to pose as Frank’s trainee to spy on him and report on his off-book methods. The members of Frank’s loyal team include Rebecca Lee (Katrina Law), a formidable officer with killer aim and a dark past, and Tommy Campbell (Drew Van Acker), a former pro surfer who follows Frank’s orders without hesitation. Providing Frank with intel is his girlfriend, Holly Butler (Julie Benz), a well-connected, unapologetic Hollywood madam. While LAPD Deputy Chief Joy Lockhart (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) coolly puts Kyle in danger in her mission to take down Frank, Kyle’s schoolteacher wife, Alyse (Lex Scott Davis), worries her husband’s resolve to avenge the murder of his father, a cop, may be his undoing. As Frank starts teaching his principled trainee the way of the streets, where the ends often justify the means, they form an uneasy alliance that will irrevocably change the course of both their lives.

STUDIO: Jerry Bruckheimer Television/Fuqua Films/Warner Bros TV

TEAM: Will Beall (w, ep), Danny Cannon (d, ep), Antoine Fuqua (ep), Barry Schindel (ep, sr)

CAST: Bill Paxton, Justin Cornwell, Katrina Law, Drew Van Acker, Lex Scott Davis, Julie Benz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeoB3R1QteI

Comedy

THE GREAT INDOORS

quote:

Joel McHale stars in a comedy about a renowned adventure reporter for an outdoor magazine who must adapt to the times when he becomes the desk-bound boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the publication. Jack has led a thrilling “outdoorsy” life exploring the edges of the earth while chronicling his adventures for Outdoor Limits. But his globe-trotting days end when the magazine’s charismatic founder and outdoor legend, Roland (Stephen Fry), announces the publication’s move to web-only and assigns Jack to supervise their online team of “journalists.” Jack’s eager 20-something colleagues include Clark (Christopher Mintz-Plasse), a tech nerd who knows everything about surviving on Mars and a zombie apocalypse; Emma (Christine Ko), their social media expert who views Jack as the human version of dial-up; and Mason (Shaun Brown), a hipster-lumberjack who hasn’t spent any actual time outside. Jack reports to Roland’s daughter, Brooke (Susannah Fielding), an ex-flame who caters to the sensitive staffers by giving them all trophies just for working hard. Jack’s best friend, Eddie (Chris Williams), runs the local dive bar that’s popular with the younger set and helps Jack “decode” his co-workers. Jack is baffled by the world of click-bait and listicles, but if he’s patient, he may be able to show these kids that the outside world is much more than something on a screen… if he doesn’t beat them with their selfie-sticks first.

STUDIO: CBS TV Studios

TEAM: Mike Gibbons (w, ep), Chris Harris (ep, sr), Andy Ackerman (d, ep)

CAST: Joel McHale, Stephen Fry, Chris Williams, Shaun Brown, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Christine Ko, Susannah Fielding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGqzXhqsqc

KEVIN CAN WAIT

quote:

Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to discover he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets. Kevin’s retirement plans consist of chilling with his family and having epic adventures with fellow retirees Goody (Leonard Earl Howze), his former partner and close friend, and Duffy (Lenny Venito), his oldest pal, as well as his brother, Kyle (Gary Valentine), a fireman whose closest encounter with a blaze would be a grease fire in the firehouse kitchen. However, Kevin’s dream is jeopardized when he discovers that Donna (Erinn Hayes), his wonderful wife of 20 years, has shielded him from key family info while he worked overtime protecting the community. Their usually reliable eldest, Kendra (Taylor Spreitler), is dropping out of college so she can support her unemployed fiancé, Chale (Ryan Cartwright), while he designs the next “big app”; his teenage daughter, Sara (Mary-Charles Jones), is having issues at school; and their youngest, Jack (James DiGiacomo), is a bit of a hypochondriac. For now, his plans for a cushy life will have to wait, because Kevin has work to do, and this time, his family is his beat.

STUDIO: Sony Pictures TV/CBS TV Studios/Hey Eddie Productions

TEAM: Kevin James (w, ep), Bruce Helford (w, ep, sr), Rock Reubin (w, ep), Jeff Sussman (ep), Andy Fickman (d)

CAST: Kevin James, Erinn Hayes, Taylor Spreitler, Mary Charles Jones,James DiGiacomo, Ryan Cartwright, Leonard Earl Howze, Lenny Venito, Gary Valentine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNcS1-Xpxs

MAN WITH A PLAN

quote:

Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars in a comedy about a contractor who starts spending more time with his kids when his wife goes back to work and discovers the truth every parent eventually realizes: their little angels are maniacs. Adam (LeBlanc) feels fully equipped to take on more parenting responsibilities while his self-assured wife, Andi, returns to the work force after being a stay at home mom for 13 years. However, Adam’s blindsided by how tough it is to wrangle three messy kids who can’t live without Wi-Fi. Their pre-teen daughter, Kate (Grace Kaufman), is a master manipulator and initially thrilled that “daddy fun times” is taking over, middle child Teddy (Matthew McCann) can’t seem to keep his hands out of his pants despite constant reminders, and their precious youngest, Emme (Hala Finley), is nervous about starting kindergarten. But with Andi’s encouragement and advice from a couple of equally stressed parents, Marie (Jessica Chaffin) and Lowell (Matt Cook), Adam takes charge of his brood, lays down the law and discovers he’s going to “nail” this job.

STUDIO: CBS TV Studios/3 Arts Entertainment

TEAM: Jeff Filgo (w, ep), Jackie Filgo (w, ep), Matt LeBlanc (ep), Michael Rotenberg (ep), Troy Zien (ep), James Burrows (d)

CAST: Matt LeBlanc, Jessica Chaffin, Matt Cook, Grace Kaufman, Hala Finley, Matthew McCann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn5XHuGbYvY

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Life in Pieces was renewed; I really enjoyed it.
http://deadline.com/2016/05/life-in-pieces-renewed-season-2-cbs-1201753657/

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Congrats to Joel McHale, for getting to spend more time with his kids

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
What? No time travel show?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Kingdom posted:

What? No time travel show?

You'll have to do some time traveling of your own to see the CBS time travel shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oYs1aTD-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDy2qoBnJ4

Also they had one this season called Recall, but it didn't get picked up.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 16, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

X-O posted:

You'll have to do some time traveling of your own to see the CBS time travel shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4oYs1aTD-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDy2qoBnJ4

Wasn't Seven Days on UPN?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Wasn't Seven Days on UPN?

You might be right, it may have just been made by CBS.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doubt was originally supposed to be a show from last season but they delayed and recast. That's got to be a good deal for the rest of the cast I guess. Got paid to sit around for a year to do nothing.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

X-O posted:

THE GREAT INDOORS

How is this the show that finally got Stephen Fry to move to America?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sbaldrick posted:

It's his second attempt to get a sitcom on CBS after Super Clyde failed a few years back. They actually tried to bring that show back this year with Mark Addy in the same role, but it didn't get picked up.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

X-O posted:

It's his second attempt to get a sitcom on CBS after Super Clyde failed a few years back. They actually tried to bring that show back this year with Mark Addy in the same role, but it didn't get picked up.

I guess he really wants to do a lovely sitcom then :(

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
drat I'm really gonna miss Mike & Molly

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Seems like CBS is trying to ditch genre shows hard. Which is weird considering they are bringing back Star Trek but I guess that's a known quantity, or so they hope.

If they can Limitless though, man that's a shame. If only their streaming service was already up and running I could imagine Limitless returning to that platform on a smaller budget or something?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

loving renew Limitless please

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Democratic Pirate posted:

loving renew Limitless please

I was gonna say the same thing. Best show on CBS and it needs another season of awesome diagram making and Mike and Ike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sober posted:

Seems like CBS is trying to ditch genre shows hard. Which is weird considering they are bringing back Star Trek but I guess that's a known quantity, or so they hope.

If they can Limitless though, man that's a shame. If only their streaming service was already up and running I could imagine Limitless returning to that platform on a smaller budget or something?

Their streaming thing is already going and it really isn't that great. You pay them money and have to watch probably just as many ads as if it was broadcast.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sbaldrick posted:

I guess he really wants to do a lovely sitcom then :(

After seeing the money his buddy Hugh Laurie made on House? I'm not surprised.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Is it just me or are Man With a Plan and Kevin Can Wait the same show?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought regular CSI was so bad it was good, but CSI: Cyber was just bad, good riddance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CBS announced the rest of their renewals. Limitless and Rush Hour were not among them. Though they haven't officially announced their cancellations it's all but a done deal.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Rush Hour is officially cancelled now.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm so pissed about Limitless.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pillowpants posted:

I'm so pissed about Limitless.

The show was trash.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You're trash. Go sit in your trash can, Oscar.

sbaldrick posted:

This is what he left QI for?

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

Is it just me or are Man With a Plan and Kevin Can Wait the same show?

The main characters have totally different blue collar everyman jobs, it's totally different.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 16, 2016

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

xeria posted:

Rush Hour is officially cancelled now.

Oh no, now where will I get my stereotyped Black and Asian buddy cop comedy fix?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So they cancelled Limitless and caused Stephen Fry to leave QI? What the gently caress CBS?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Limitless no :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Right now I have a subscription to CBS' streaming service but if they cancel Limitless then as soon as Person of Interest is over I'm totally canceling it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

X-O posted:

CBS announced the rest of their renewals. Limitless and Rush Hour were not among them. Though they haven't officially announced their cancellations it's all but a done deal.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Great Indoors is a fun concept as long as there's some give and take and its not all mean-spirited deconstruction of either Old People or Millenials. Some good natured "neither of us are as good as we imagine we are," play is always fertile comedic ground.

Man, those Dramas all look bland and/or doomed to failure. Maybe Pure Genius has some legs? Sounds kind of like House without the best part of House, that being that nobody liked him and there was constant tension between enabling him because he helped people and stopping him because he's crazy.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Didn't I read recently that MacGyver fired the entire pilot cast except for Macgyver and George Eads?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I hope the Nielson ratings system dies at some point, because CBS cancelling stuff like Limitless and POI (shows that only became good after they broke free of cop monster of the week molds CBS forced upon them) is just absurd. Does CBS really believe that the average age of people watching a show like Supergirl really is 55? Get real. Someone needs to find a better way of tracking content views, because I'm sick of my favorite shows getting canned :(

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

jojoinnit posted:

So they cancelled Limitless and caused Stephen Fry to leave QI? What the gently caress CBS?

Yeah I want to like this show but I am now utterly against it for having lured Stephen Fry away from QI. I hope it gets cancelled after three episodes and he is back on QI by the next series.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

I hope the Nielson ratings system dies at some point, because CBS cancelling stuff like Limitless and POI (shows that only became good after they broke free of cop monster of the week molds CBS forced upon them) is just absurd.

CBS didn't make money on POI because it was produced by WB. It's frankly amazing that they got this many seasons.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

On that note I'm frankly surprised WB TV studio projects even bother pitching to anyone but the CW. No one on network is getting massive ratings numbers for scripted shows. Well, I guess everyone is chasing the Empire train now that it exists and basically runs against the grain. But everyone is gonna have to settle for a 2.0 premiere dwindling down to 1.something by the end like everyone else. Hell, most shows are lucky to keep above 1.0 these days.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Party Plane Jones posted:

CBS didn't make money on POI because it was produced by WB. It's frankly amazing that they got this many seasons.

Lots of shows are not produced by the network that airs them.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

raditts posted:

CBS increasingly is leaning toward shows it produces, however. They make more money off shows produced by CBS Studios, and don't have to pay out things like the hefty licensing fees for Supergirl (that they've since foisted off on CW. Other networks might not care as much, but CBS absolutely does.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

raditts posted:

It might've made sense in an era when you could buy the rights to air a new show and it was a ratings gangbuster and advertisers loved you for it but with how viewers are these days and everything I think most networks just hedge their bets on their own internal studios shows. Each broadcast network only has a small handful of shows you can count on one hand that isn't from their internal studio. They're still in the business of making money, it's just that now they're hoping to make money in the long tail by selling these shows long after they're finished.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trailers updated for everything except that Katherine Heigl show that apparently is recasting every role but hers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That first look confirmed that Pure Genius is just as horrifyingly misguided and philosophically objectionable as APB.

• Locked thread