Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

ThinkTank posted:

TV Options

The first round will air on Sportsnet (don't watch this channel) and NBC Sport Network (the one with the good analysts) on Friday, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. EST. Things will actually start happening a good 20 minutes later though, be prepared for a 3-4 hour night if you wanna watch all 30 picks. The second round to seventh rounds will be live streamed on NHL.com on Saturday, June 25, 2016.

For the non-north american folk - I was kind of naively assuming my NHL.TV subscription would have the draft but I guess not. Hopefully I can get a stream

gently caress you NHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't wait to see how Sweeney fucks up the draft tonight. I can't even drown my sorrows in alcohol because I'm working tomorrow.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
in my completely uninformed and uneducated opinion I would like one of keller, sergachev or jost at #11

let's roll

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Poonerman posted:

in my completely uninformed and uneducated opinion I would like one of keller, sergachev or jost at #11

let's roll

multiple mocks have ugly Nylander dropping to us at 11 that's going down

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Poonerman posted:

let's roll

In my similarly informed opinion I think Nashville should get Fabbro if he's available at 17.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Just take whichever is left between Dubois and Tkachuk Benning. Don't over complicate this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Can we fire Jim Rutherford now and re-hire him tomorrow? Or maybe just get him blackout drunk and put him to bed and let someone else do the drafting?

e: Or better yet we can let him run the Canucks just long enough to trade Brandon Sutter, then return to the Penguins

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Poonerman posted:

"finnish guy might know something troubling about finnish prospects" seems like extraordinarily baseless speculation

Portzline shows his work:

quote:

More precisely, since Matthews is almost certain to go No. 1 to Toronto, it's not a reckless assumption to say Kekalainen isn't sold one of the Finns. For many weeks now, an again on Thursday, Kekalainen has declined to even describe the skill packages and attributes of Laine or Puljujarvi, two big-body wingers.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/06/kekalainen-ok-as-lone-wolf.html

There'd better be a cap dump going to the lucky winner of the #3 Pick Derby.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

e: Or better yet we can let him run the Canucks just long enough to trade Brandon Sutter, then return to the Penguins

Trading Sutter would've been something that was technically possible, except that Benning gave Sutter the first known retroactive NTC in league history.

I wish I was making that up. :smith:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThinkTank posted:

Trading Sutter would've been something that was technically possible, except that Benning gave Sutter the first known retroactive NTC in league history.

I wish I was making that up. :smith:

I'm so sorry.

Is there anything we can do for you? Just let me know if you ever need to talk.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i'm in orlando for a conference instead of being in downtown buffalo for the draft, and that's rear end. i won't even be able to watch/listen to the sabres' pick, assuming it doesn't get traded before showtime. i saw lots of very canadian-sounding business types in the airport before i left though, and met larry playfair a couple days ago.

by the way, between all the leafs fans and sabres fans who will be in attendance, i expect the boos for bettman to be deafening. it's going to be loving cool

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

CBJSprague24 posted:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/06/kekalainen-ok-as-lone-wolf.html

Why do they keep saying "the Finns" like there's any chance Laine doesn't go 2nd

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I've seen a number of mock drafts having the Flyers taking Gauthier because SIZE but I would prefer a Keifer Bellows if still available

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Trading the #3 pick in a strong-ish draft to dump salary would be a more destructive move than any the Jackets have ever done.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

jarmo doesn't know poo poo about prospects so I expect Laine and P-name-guy to be all stars 10 years running

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hot

https://twitter.com/kikkerlaika/status/746425407533101056

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vancouver's plans got leaked too

https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/status/746352555123343360

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

jarmo doesn't know poo poo about prospects
He was a great scout

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

He was a great scout

Yeah. I think his ideal position in an organization is director of amateur scouting.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aye Doc posted:

jarmo doesn't know poo poo about prospects so I expect Laine and P-name-guy to be all stars 10 years running

GM may be a bridge too far for him, but:

Jason Spezza
Marian Hossa
Martin Havlat
Antoine Vermette
David Backes
David Perron
TJ Oshie
Alex Pietrangelo

Jury's still out on his picks in Columbus, since I figure "Well, none of those are Jackets" is coming.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol. Someone's getting fired

Are we gonna have a separate GDT for the draft or just use this?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just saw these:

https://twitter.com/mikeFAIL/status/746436385440149505

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
frowny-face Lucic is pretty good

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

DOOP posted:

Are we gonna have a separate GDT for the draft or just use this?

If you guys want a separate GDT someone better make it soon. If not, I'll just link to when the liveposting starts in the OP.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that nose really makes it

let's get this poo poo started

https://twitter.com/HalfordPHT/status/746460385511804928

JollyPubJerk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 24, 2016

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

this just in: the pre-draft poo poo is just as boring as always

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JawKnee posted:

this just in: the pre-draft poo poo is just as boring as always

Much like canucks. Hey-oh
...I'm so sorry

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to go get some Panda Express and then let's light this candle.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Welp... there it is again. Another Malkin on the move rumor. This one from Lawton on NHL Network... where to? FLORIDA! :lol:

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Wow, Jim Benning sounds like I always thought he would.

Soal_Fish
Jul 20, 2004

yes its Soal not Soul but oh well

St. Dogbert posted:

That was gold. "I got in trouble so I can't talk about PK anymore."

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

one step away from a charlie brown parent?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/746472833409294337

welp

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

JawKnee posted:

one step away from a charlie brown parent?

He kinda sounds like Tina from Bob's Burgers.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/746472916716519424

Make the trade, Doug

EDIT: NOT for Ryan Miller

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I have a feeling something terrible is about to happen

please don't gently caress this up, hockey team

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

St. Dogbert posted:

He kinda sounds like Tina from Bob's Burgers.

hahaha

gonna try and lay some Benning audio over Tina or vice-versa now

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The Penguins won the Cup in large part because of their superior forward and center depth, so now they are going to trade one of their elite centers for a pick and a prospect.

:thumbsup:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Hey Bob McKenzie, what does it matter if Mathews' mother couldn't speak english when she met her future husband?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Bobo saying Flames are having real trade talks for Bishop and the Blues are talking Shattenkirk to Oilers for one of their young guns

• Locked thread