Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glad to see these assholes (and Flonne) are still as dysfunctional as ever.

Feinne posted:

(though Captain Gordon and his friends have returned to Earth)
:(
Come back, oh captain. He'll be back right? He's the Slayer of the Netherworld after all, he can't quit on his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

FractalSandwich posted:

This thread is already devolving into an endless series of unfavourable comparisons to Disgaea 5.

I dunno, if the worst thing you can say about this game is that D5 is better then it's drat good praise.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glazius posted:

These are some pretty quality mechanics. But, uh, given their explosion potential, is riding a Prinny really a good idea?

This reminds me of the time I magichanged a Prinny and then threw the unit because I needed a reposition. Whoops

Is there going to be a(nother) Prinny map like in one and two? Those are always a fun diversion.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Obligatum VII posted:

The guards become increasingly more oblivious as the game progresses, start having hearing problems, poor eyesight, etc.

Final level has the Genome Soldiers from MGS1 as guards then?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

poo poo is it? I thought it was later. Not that I'm unhappy, I am loving pumped to get back to getting my rear end reamed by gorgeous fantasy monsters.

I still find it funny that Odin Sphere had difficulty settings given the easiest one was still like Dark Souls gently caress you in the rear end hard.

Like in Cornelius' story. Your first boss? Gwen's story final boss, and gently caress you.

Considering Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, the remake should have a difficulty curve instead of a cliff. (although, it was a really, really pretty cliff)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So how much of a badass is Adell for managing to smooch the bloodthirstiest Overlord in the universe into sanity?

That wasn't badassness, that was manliness and cologne.
(E: Zam)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

I really like that Laharl is more annoyed that some idol is more popular than he is than that he's been temporarily transformed into a lady.

He can just murder anyone that gives him poo poo about it, and whatever, it's temporary, at least he found a bra.
Now, the idol, she could be trying to leverage her popularity into a rebellion, and we can't have that.

Prediction: we're totally going to have an idol-off between Laharl and Lanza, aren't we? Although this is Disgaea, so it will involve violence.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

She has round ears though.
On the other hand, Adell is 100% demon and he believes so much he's human his eyes are blue.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think they wouldn't mind taking turns, seeing as the other one is by definition exactly as handsome and awesome as themselves.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ardeem posted:

It's even better.

Mid-boss? Seraph Lamington? Vulcanus (the D1 one)?

Feinne posted:

Getting all worked up over ice cream… How childish…
Coming from you, that’s gotta hurt.

Stones. Glass houses.
Although I believe someone mentioned this game takes place before D2? Still, stones, glass houses.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Who's next? Maderas (Episode 5 boss in the original)? The prism rangers? That Aramis kid (the one that had the horse wiener zombie pet)?
Never mind the last, Aramis would be cool.

We don't want Z-listers such as Hogg, game, not when Captain Gordon, Slayer of the Netherworld is not here. :cmon:

Hopefully Kurtis will be back, he usually cameos in other disgaeas.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ddegenha posted:

I've worked with Aussies, and I'm familiar with the Aussie wildlife. How are you going to know that anything's changed?
The demons would be less vicious?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

Most Badass Overlord

There's a Zetta dlc?

Although I hope either this or D5 (or both) will come to the Vita, since the vita versions usually include all the dlcs.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ardeem posted:

Here's where I thought we were going when Hogsmeiser appeared instead. :allears:

Asagi? Please be Asagi.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can we punch ALL the angels until they reincarnate? Goddamn bloody assholes. Sicily excluded of course, and Seraph Lamington only gets a single punch because he's not that bad, all things considered.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

The Archangel who shows up in Disgaea 4 suggests he is already in the process of something like this.

I'm still scratching my head on how much political capital Lamington must have used for that nomination.
Still, considering Vulcanus and then this other V-named rear end in a top hat the new archangel was probably the best angel he could have put on the job, and that's utterly terrifying.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Sicily gets any meaningful punishment from her actions (not that she deserves any, mind you), because Laharl is going to have words with Celestia otherwise.

Over/under for Grosso's group and/or the new Archangel being behind the flowers?
Although Etna's brother feels suspicious too.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

BlazeEmblem posted:

Knowing Disgaea, I bet that the new king is just a prinny with silly hair.

I really, really hope it's either that or somebody with a cardboard MidBoss mask.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Repeat after me, Krichevskoy group: Prinnies make horrible puppet sovereigns, as any jackass rebel can simply walk over and throw them at you.

Morons.

Feinne posted:

Next Time, Disgaea D2: The Best Character Returns.

Yes, but which one?

Can't be Midboss. He's certainly Best Character but he would undermine Laharl pretty badly merely by existing.
Captain Gordon, Jennifer, Thursday and/or Kurtis? Please please please.

Joke option: Prinny Vulcanus.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Adell, Rozalin and Plumiere

No Revya in D2? How is Gig supposed to work without his partner?
(Ok, ok, it's Gig, but it would be less fun for him)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

He said, asking an opinion on the game of the man who played all three main Hyperdimension Neptunia games, as well as Ar Nosurge.

Isn't that a tad too harsh towards Ar Nosurge? It was bad but not even close to Neptunia bad.

PSA: although, for those that are unaware, avoid the 3rd Ar Tonelico (Ar Tonelico Qoga) like the bubonic plague and pmeumonia combined. Just saying.

• Locked thread