Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Allen can I make up for the only modkill I ever got last game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote mayor glowku but I liked the quidnose turbo better

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

so close I can taste it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

jesus quid he calls you a nerd and you unvote way to be beta as gently caress ##vote quidnose

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose plays the soprano sax I have proof

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Alto, not soprano :sun: And I've only been playing since January!

What PROOF do you have weirdo~

Quidnose sent me this picture of himself last night:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok fine it's taken too long ##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hopefully I won't die first day/night this time

This is who we should have turboed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quid how could you not make a music joke there?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

i played oboe which was another step down.

quidnose got got gj following me on that one town ill lead you to victory doc on me

What is up Oboe buddy!

Saxophones are cool though, I mist admit. Baritone Sax is the best.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I believe in Nutsack

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Because I've had people do the exact same thing, then come bak after a lynch and be like "hm? No I was just saying lol"

This is true, but it felt like a claim. We may as well let him come back though. In the meantime I will put my considerable resources into reading YPM to figure out for myself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to ignore Nutsack for the moment since I have no idea what he's talking about, I'll wait for him to explain.

I looked back over the quid lynch to see what was what. It was, for all intents and purposes, was a blind lynch. No one gave a good explanation as to why he was scum, it was more a continuation of the latent turbo that we were trying for.

Given that, I don't like Illegally's vote. He posted nothing of substance the whole day and then threw on his vote on Quid, which screamed to me that he saw his scumbuddy was going down and bussed him.

That alone wouldn't be enough for me to vote him but combined with him trying to fly under the radar is enough to make me suspicious.

##vote Illegally

This does seem like a pretty manufactured case. Didn't feel like anyone gave a real reason for voting quid and in a small game it seems pointless to bus a scumbro for "cred" when you aren't going to get any cred for hopping into a turbo.Even YPM admits this isn't much of a case so we have to get added "flying under the radar" mafia buzzword thrown in at the end. This case could have substituted any name in for IllegallySober because it is so generic.

Would vote YPM regardless of Nutsack.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What do you think about my case on Illegally?

Oh it's fantastic!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I used that buzzword because that's what he is doing. His entire day one is white noise. While this wasn't a content heavy day one, he actively tried to avoid content.

I did the same thing and conspicuously backed of quidnose and never went back, why doesn't that set off your alarm bells?

I dunno it seems very thin.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is a good time for a smooth jazz interlude

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I feel good about everyone after that exchange

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Hey YPM how do you feel about my case against AR?

Tell me how it is much different than YPMs case against IS?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm ready to listen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Nutsack is probably town because scum on their own making a gambit like that is weird

Agreed, I wouldn't vote Nutsack today he may not be contributing much but I highly doubt he is scum.

I haven't been around much this weekend but I'm going to catch up when I get home in a bit. You

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

you missed the best crumb

I saw it!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

copfirming also

##vote quidnose

I thinks he's referring to this you, you skilled observers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't think he is claiming anything. He breadcrumbed a cop and a tracker. And if he's a pr it would be weird if he assumes there is a doc

At the very least I don't think he definitively claimed and I could easily see him BSing but i don't think it's been done in a way scum would.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just got home sorry, do we have a bit of time? Not sure scum would give up in that situation...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ugh I'm the doc I protected Nutsack. Unless he withheld the kill he's town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

What was your thought behind protecting Nutsack?

because I like him, he found scum and he fake claimed cop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

What was your thought behind protecting Nutsack?

Regardless why would you still be voting Nutsack? Unless you really do think he withheld the kill

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Saxophones!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

So let's talk about what the gently caress we just did.

Haha yeah that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

I tracked Hal. I believe he protected himself.

That is correct, IS is either an incredibly good guesser or he's definitely the tracker

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

What confuses me a bit though is that clicking on the link to the Doctor in the Matrix6 wiki seems to indicate that the Doc usually can't protect himself. So why would I have gotten that result?

I asked Allen if I could self protect and he said yes so maybe he likes to make his own rules

Why'd you pick me to track though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Decent posts from YPM and Kasumeat, I am interested in seeing what Kashuno says.

It does seem we will have to drop the ball pretty hard now to not win at least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I need to go back and look because I am getting the two "Ka" players mixed up in my memory, but I'm sure something can be gleaned from someone pushing nutsack post-my claim yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM was giving me bad vibes yesterday with how his opinion seemed to shift on nutsack at various points during the day but he's also made a handful of posts that at least appear to be thoughtful and genuine.

I think with a fresh read when I am awake tomorrow things should be pretty clear.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Guys you can literally lynch me and still win the game. I won't have time read over it all until later, but tldr Idc if you lynch me because the game is already won. Kasu pushing me out of desperation imo

Also YPM I am a good Mafia player sometimes

I like the cut of Kashunos jib

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I don't know what to make of Kasumeat's play at the end of the day yesterday. I actually like most of the posts leading up to that, but the whole GAMBIT thing is really bad, it's very illogical and if you looked at it all you'd see if was a huge stretch that Nutsack planned from the get-go to jokeclaim cop, bus his scumbro and then beg for protection and withhold the kill and hope that there was a doc and they actually protected him so he could try and be cleared town. When has anyone really seen that happen? Scum aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot over a huge gamble with so many uncontrollable variables.

That being said, we've all fallen in love with some crazy "scum gambit" idea that we think we see happening so so it's hard to put too much into that when the rest of the posting is solid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno on the other hand has very very few posts I see as genuine or thoughtful or give me any sort of town vibe.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

YPM is harder... I've gotten bad vibes a few times this game from him, but he's also made a few pretty solid points and hasn't really pushed a scummy agenda at any point, just been a little wishy-washy

I guess my preferred vote order at the moment is kash>ypm>kasu but I want to think a bit more because I'd rather win sooner than later.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also for posterity, AR isn't really cleared by not going anywhere on a night with no kill. Unlikely gambit to withhold the kill there (but you also can't rule out forgetting to send an action, Allen seems like a stickler for times) but there is the possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

This is true, but as you said, unlikely.

If you want me to eat the lynch I can, but If you don't assume I'm town, things get more complicated again.

No, not interested in that path today, I just don't want to die tonight and then no one remembers that and you sneak out a win because no one looks at you ever again.

Probably going to vote Kash really, but I still want to dwell

• Locked thread