Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
so RT is the Russian government's official propoganda arm in the English speaking world and the United States. their focus is on news stories that are embarrassing to the US or highlight it's devolution into a war-mongering security state corrupt empire. they also obviously boost russia, despite it being the exact same thing. a screen grab from what's on their site today:

they hire washed up news personalities like larry king and young contrrians like abby martin to provide "counter narratives" to what the mainstream saudi-arabian-finaced US media like Fox News churn out

On my university campus they put up posters of US politicians looking scary and evil, like this one:

so my question is, why is this "allowed" to happen? Why do comcast, dish, et. al. carry their network when it's openly the propaganda of a decadent foreign government designed to undermine the politics and culture of the nations it airs in? Why is life such a confusing mess?

thanks in advance (oh and also I work for the CIA and wrote this post in an attempt to undermine putin's undermining. it's an enormously sweet gig.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

basically in russia they eat beets and have vodka there. it's just cold and snowy all the time so the only thing there is to do is make propaganda and send it to the outside world.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Where do you get your news from, OP?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

SpaceAceJase posted:

General Bullshit: WGBS Channel 4 - Your local news leader

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

SpaceAceJase posted:

w w w . t r i b a l w a r . c o m

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
My parents have RT and I always end up watching it because I'll flip between Fox, CNN and MSNBC and they'll all be covering some dumb poo poo like "student expelled for yelling at professor" while RT is covering "hey guys there's a war going on thousands of people are dying". Yeah they're obviously biased but I'd rather have biased actual news than non-news

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No, it stands for re-tweet.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

basically in russia they eat beets and have vodka there. it's just cold and snowy all the time so the only thing there is to do is make propaganda and send it to the outside world.

checks out

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

they're the more effective incarnation of Yakov Smirnoff

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
It's a paradox -- people are loving stupid, and regular news channels need to make money, so they pander to stupid people and show dumb poo poo. RT doesn't need to make money because it's a state-funded propaganda tool, so they can show actual news? Even if they're biased, plus who cares it's not like the American channels aren't biased anyway

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

My parents have RT and I always end up watching it because I'll flip between Fox, CNN and MSNBC and they'll all be covering some dumb poo poo like "student expelled for yelling at professor" while RT is covering "hey guys there's a war going on thousands of people are dying". Yeah they're obviously biased but I'd rather have biased actual news than non-news

yeah, I definitely see the appeal, and it makes sense that the only critical news source about our govt would come from a nation outside it's sphere of influence. but, then you have to mentally factor in its own pro-russian bias and agenda, so it ends up having the same issues as fox, bbc, al-jazeera, cnn and all the others, with the added ick value of comin' atcha from an even MORE corrupt and anti-freedom and repressive nation (OR IS THAT JUST WHAT WE'VE BEEN TRAINED TO BELIEVE BY OUR WESTERN OVERLORDS?!?!?)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
This sounds real serious im glad op is on the case myself.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

AugmentedVision posted:

This is a really good point, and I hope people don't gloss over it.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Kuato posted:

This sounds real serious im glad op is on the case myself.

media is serious. American media created trump's successful candiacy by jacking off to his ~outrageous zaniness~, what-will-he-do-next-everybody??? , which is currently the most embarrassing thing happening in the world

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

Yeah they're obviously biased but I'd rather have biased actual news than non-news

hey guys, check out this quality program from RT, the channel that brings you the REAL news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1tydyTenCI

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If you're a piece of poo poo, and another piece of poo poo tells you that you're poo poo, and provides evidence that you're poo poo, should you be able to negate his true statement because it also applies to him?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
It's my life's dream to get into the RT stable of experts

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
npr said Russia was banning jehovahs witness today one up on America imo

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

media is serious. American media created trump's successful candiacy by jacking off to his ~outrageous zaniness~, what-will-he-do-next-everybody??? , which is currently the most embarrassing thing happening in the world

yeah there hasn't been like hundreds of pages of posts on SA explaining in detail actual logical reasons for supporting trump, everyone is voting for him for the memes, having an alternative to the established oligarchy is so embarrassing

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

yeah there hasn't been like hundreds of pages of posts on SA explaining in detail actual logical reasons for supporting trump, everyone is voting for him for the memes, having an alternative to the established oligarchy is so embarrassing

ah yes, the billionare businessman, an adequate alternative to the corporate oligarchy

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ah yes, the billionare businessman, an adequate alternative to the corporate oligarchy

Well he's probably not even a billionaire, so Hey!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

next you're gonna say he's not really a Self Made Man

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

btw it's worth noting that Trump's candidacy, the great transgender bathroom culture war of 2016, and ISIS are all a shadowplay cooked up by the elites to keep us all outraged and entertained and distracted from the fact that the world is only years away from being destroyed by global warming, all while they quietly bug the gently caress out to outerspace colonies on their trillion dollar lifeboats built by Elon Musk like in that woody harrelson/john cusack film

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

You are right, we should wait until a plumber becomes a major party nominee. The fact that we for once can vote for a non-war-criminal is of no importance, stay the course.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

AugmentedVision posted:

How does one have logical reasons to support someone if every fact about them is a moving target unless you're just being an accelerationist?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

How does one have logical reasons to support someone if every fact about them is a moving target unless you're just being an accelerationist?

Hillary is a war criminal. He is not a war criminal yet.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
I think they are a more or less reliable source about things that don't involve Russia in any way of form. Obviously the journalists can't veer away from the government line in "matters of Russian interest", but they seem to have a pretty free hand otherwise.

But then I also assume that you should take any form of news with a grain of salt.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ibogaine posted:

I think they are a more or less reliable source about things that don't involve Russia in any way of form. Obviously the journalists can't veer away from the government line in "matters of Russian interest", but they seem to have a pretty free hand otherwise.

But then I also assume that you should take any form of news with a grain of salt.

Remember, EVERYTHING involves Russia, because Russia must prove superiority to all other nations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i once had a friend who thought RT was a good news source, but he also thought there was nothing wrong with committing identity fraud for a living

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

You are right, we should wait until a plumber becomes a major party nominee. The fact that we for once can vote for a non-war criminal is of no importance, stay the course.

come on man. trump has good qualities like 1) outsider 2)not a war criminal 3) probably not in the pockets of investment banking lobbyists like cruz and the clintons, but he also 1) built his support with a base of the far-right pogrom-faced xenophobes who would gladly genocide immigrant populations 2) did weird, manic things like acting as his own spokesperson 3) is just kind of a dickhead. these things all cancel out the positive qualities, which can be found in a million other better alternates that aren't international jokes.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Of you had to choose, would you rather have a box that could be anything or a box that you know is full of human feces?

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
You don't have to think RT or Donald Trump are very good to think they are better than the alternatives.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

AugmentedVision posted:

Ok so accelerationism.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

also, considering that trump has not yet backed away from his statement that we should not only kill theorists but also kill their family's, he's basically campaigning on the platform of wanting to become a war criminal, so considering it seems like that's your single big qualifier, maybe don't support trump?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

come on man. trump has good qualities like 1) outsider 2)not a war criminal 3) probably not in the pockets of investment banking lobbyists like cruz and the clintons, but he also 1) built his support with a base of the far-right pogrom-faced xenophobes who would gladly genocide immigrant populations 2) did weird, manic things like acting as his own spokesperson 3) is just kind of a dickhead. these things all cancel out the positive qualities, which can be found in a million other better alternates that aren't international jokes.

None of those alternatives have any chance of being elected. Trump is going to win unless Hillary is indicted or dies first

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

come on man. trump has good qualities like
A
1) outsider 2)not a war criminal 3) probably not in the pockets of investment banking lobbyists like cruz and the clintons, but he also
B
1) built his support with a base of the far-right pogrom-faced xenophobes who would gladly genocide immigrant populations 2) did weird, manic things like acting as his own spokesperson 3) is just kind of a dickhead. these things all cancel out the positive qualities, which can be found in a million other better alternates that aren't international jokes.
B-1 was unfortunately necessary for a person that satisfies any of the pros to get nominated.
B-23 are gonna be true of anyone who satisfies B-1, and to me B-23 are way less bad than A-23. Yes, the positives can be found in a million other better alternatives, but those better alternatives would not get nominated because they do not fit B-1.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Mange Mite posted:

None of those alternatives have any chance of being elected. Trump is going to win unless Hillary is indicted or dies first

who said anything about "elected"? the alternate is armed revolution

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I hope the posters in here arent russian to any conclusions

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

who said anything about "elected"? the alternate is armed revolution

Lol yeah ok buddy. I thought we were being serious here which i guess is my fault more than yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

edit: nm

• Locked thread