Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Simo Häyhä Simulator 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Dareon posted:

Simo Häyhä Simulator 2017.

Wouldn't that just be a Winter War Sniper Elite? Cool as hell, sure, but I'd expect more from a Saboteur sequel!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Singapore 1944/45 might be a really fun thing to explore.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Norway, culminating in blowing up the Nazi heavy water research program.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

1943, Amsterdam. The second world war has been raging for 4 years, most of which the Dutch have spent under German rule. Rick Steel, the son of a Portuguese mother and an American father, finds himself threatened with execution once more by the local SS soldiers. As he sits on his bed, planning his escape, a fat, balding guard walks by. "I can't wait to see you in line!" He quips, knowing full well that Rick will be standing in front of a firing squad.

As the guard proceeds out of sight, the sound of his footsteps begin to fade and then, for a moment, seem to double. Seconds later, the body of the guard lays slumped on the floor. Rick began to rise from his bed, just as a figure appeared, a key already poised to unlock the door. "Ah, are you the American?" Rick nodded his agreement. "Good, come with me, we're getting you out of here. And try to be quiet."

And then they go blow up everything and everyone in Amsterdam and play horrible minigames in the heart of the red light district.

Rated R, Developed by _____________________ and Published by EA

Pay me.

The Sabo2r

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

biosterous posted:

The Sabo2r de France

Road Rash meets Nazis

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

If you're in Amsterdam, you could even be wearing clogs, or sabots if you will.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
And for maximum meta mindfuckery you could hide explosives in them. Now there's a new definition of sabotage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You'd need to get mocap actors to specifically do this:

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
My Saboteur sequel would take place in Stalingrad. Enough said.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
What about Vietnam, from the VC perspective? There's plenty of interesting elements there to be considered.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Like the fact no one in America would buy it? It could be interesting but I honestly don't know how much urban combat actually took place and jungle warfare gets old pretty fast.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Pretty certain the yank market is ready for it, it's more that most companies are way too risk-averse and I think they won't do anything interesting with the premise.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Triple A posted:

What about Vietnam, from the VC perspective? There's plenty of interesting elements there to be considered.
Using skinned children as lures into bamboo spike traps?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Using skinned children as lures into bamboo spike traps?

Well, the psychological aspect would be an interesting dimension to explore both in story and as a mechanic to use against the South Vietnamese gov / US forces in the area. Start the game by going back to all the way into Dien Bien Phu, where our protagonist as an 18 year old is assigned to disrupt the French forces by any means necessary. By the end, he is enjoying a fine bottle of wine he stole from a French officer, loss of which has caused the officer to have a total mental breakdown and thus, given his comrades the opportunity to seize the advantage and force them to surrender.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Episode 3: MoonWalking Wounded

Episode 3: MoonWalking Wounded

With guest co-commentator Skippy Granola

New Character(s)

Name: Santos
Allergies: Bananas, Owing people favors
Voiced By: Zev Esquenazi

Name: HAVOK ENGINE
Loves: Bouncing boobs
Hates: Car physics
Voiced By: My internal screaming

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 1, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I didn't mention it in the post above 'cause I'm a jerk, but special mention, and special thanks, to Skippy Granola for helping us out on co-commentary for this episode!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You joke about elephants in Paris but there was the Elephant of the bastille that existed between 1813 and 1846 and the Elephant in Montmartre, more specifically in the Moulin Rouge's garden, was very real indeed. I am not sure if it was still around during WWII though, it was torn down at some point.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 1, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thesaya posted:

You joke about elephants in Paris but there was the Elephant of the bastille that existed between 1813 and 1846 and the Elephant in Montmartre, more specifically in the Moulin Rouge's garden, was very real indeed. I am not sure if it was still around during WWII though, it was torn down at some point.

According to: http://melbourneblogger.blogspot.ca/2013/06/monumental-elephants-in-french-public.html

It states that it was torn down before World War 2. Still, I appreciate the fact that Not-Moulin-Rouge (A.K.A. The Belle de Nuit) and the nearby Elephant of Montmartre pay tribute to it. I never saw any elephants when I visited the city, but it would've been cool!

Anyone know where the Café Rouge is?

gently caress you, French Barkeep!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The icon on the minimap is the Midnight Show, part of the aforementioned pasty-removal DLC. It's downstairs, a bouncer will tell you off if you don't have the DLC.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dareon posted:

The icon on the minimap is the Midnight Show, part of the aforementioned pasty-removal DLC. It's downstairs, a bouncer will tell you off if you don't have the DLC.

Nothing in the game mentions that, funnily enough, and there's no incentive to check that corner out. It also disappeared on me, as I'm sure there were times where I was in the Belle but had no icon there.

In any case, I only got to it after finishing the game so expect a bonus episode at some point showing off what's inside.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought Sean's motivation was getting revenge for losing that race?
Dying outside missions causes you to lose your guns and a lot of ammo, to a point. It is different for each gun and it makes no sense. Dying during missions is game-breaking.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought Sean's motivation was getting revenge for losing that race?
Dying outside missions causes you to lose your guns and a lot of ammo, to a point. It is different for each gun. nd it makes no sense. Dying during missions is game-breaking.

RIP Jules, we knew thee well.

Dying outside of missions loses you all your guns and grenades, but not your dynamite and RDX. I believe you're right on losing ammo, but I never keep track of it so I couldn't tell you if its a percentage or a flat number. Then again, I'm the jerk who plays Counter-Strike and never buys a gun because its easier just picking one up off a corpse :v:

And dying during a mission isn't game breaking, and I like the way they handle it since it doesn't tale away the tools you need to actually complete the mission. Its like GTA where dying during a mission just sets you back at a checkpoint whereas dying during freeplay sends you to the hospital with a small penalty.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

All guns are free after the first time you buy them, and they all come with one free magazine. It's really not an issue.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Dareon posted:

As far as I remember the whole point of the midnight show for me is a gambling minigame where you can win a gold plated pimp-mobile. not even making this up.

Edit: here it is http://thesaboteur.wikia.com/wiki/Palomino_Sedanca

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

All guns are free after the first time you buy them, and they all come with one free magazine. It's really not an issue.

Just confirming this.

I feel foolish now.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Thefluffy posted:

As far as I remember the whole point of the midnight show for me is a gambling minigame where you can win a gold plated pimp-mobile. not even making this up.

Edit: here it is http://thesaboteur.wikia.com/wiki/Palomino_Sedanca
The wikia is funny. It says Nazis are an extreme right-wing party.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

RIP Jules, we knew thee well.

Dying outside of missions loses you all your guns and grenades, but not your dynamite and RDX. I believe you're right on losing ammo, but I never keep track of it so I couldn't tell you if its a percentage or a flat number. Then again, I'm the jerk who plays Counter-Strike and never buys a gun because its easier just picking one up off a corpse :v:

And dying during a mission isn't game breaking, and I like the way they handle it since it doesn't tale away the tools you need to actually complete the mission. Its like GTA where dying during a mission just sets you back at a checkpoint whereas dying during freeplay sends you to the hospital with a small penalty.
Dying during missions returns your ammo to what you started with. Go crazy with explosives, die, go crazier. Money is no longer an issue.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scalding Coffee posted:

Dying during missions returns your ammo to what you started with. Go crazy with explosives, die, go crazier. Money is no longer an issue.

Yeah, but you'd be a fool to do the entire map or extremely long portions during a mission just to save on some explosives $$$.

Aside from a very small number of items, explosives are the cheapest items in the game.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I didn't mention it in the post above 'cause I'm a jerk, but special mention, and special thanks, to Skippy Granola for helping us out on co-commentary for this episode!

Oh thankew! I had a lovely time with this baffling game

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Episode 4: Don't Shoot The Messenger

Episode 4: (Don't) Shoot The Messenger

With guest co-commentator Skippy Granola

New Character(s)

Name: Le Crochet
Favorite Delicacy: Crocodile Meat
Notes: Lost his hand in a Bingo game
Voiced By: Nolan North :toot:

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Why are the Foreign Legion soldiers French?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

rchandra posted:

Why are the Foreign Legion soldiers French?

Because the Foreign Legion is French to begin with. According to wikipedia, French citizens can join the French Foreign Legion, and the units have French commanders. Since Le Crochet is a commander, its only natural that he be a Pirate.

I mean, French.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I know this is an episode late but if those Birt bombers were flying low enough for the shadows to be that big then they should have all been dead already. That being said how many problems in this game can't be solved by throwing more explosives at them?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

cokerpilot posted:

I know this is an episode late but if those Birt bombers were flying low enough for the shadows to be that big then they should have all been dead already. That being said how many problems in this game can't be solved by throwing more explosives at them?

Well, if we accept that firearms shoot via controlled explosion propelling a projectile towards a target, and an engine as a small explosion generating energy and so on, then, yes. Everything is solved in this game by (more) explosions! :eng101:

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
:goonsay: Actually, Bart joined the boy scouts because he was on a sugar high from an all-sugar smoothie. He only stayed in it because he could get a knife.

Watching this mostly just makes me want to load up Just Cause 2 and blow poo poo up in that. Nothing against The Saboteur, I simply own a copy of Just Cause 2 and they're really fairly similar games.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm puzzled trying to figure out what rifle you're using. It almost looks like it has a giant ramrod under the muzzle?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thedaian posted:

:goonsay: Actually, Bart joined the boy scouts because he was on a sugar high from an all-sugar smoothie. He only stayed in it because he could get a knife.

Watching this mostly just makes me want to load up Just Cause 2 and blow poo poo up in that. Nothing against The Saboteur, I simply own a copy of Just Cause 2 and they're really fairly similar games.

Nothing wrong with Just Cause 2 :hfive:

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm puzzled trying to figure out what rifle you're using. It almost looks like it has a giant ramrod under the muzzle?

I assume its just the cleaning rod you'd normally see on a Mauser (Kar 98k), but the artist wanted/needed to make it different so they made it longer.

Then again, if all the rifles are carbine versions, then they'd be the normal size.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

This is a really fun game. I've played the hell out of it more than once. It's one of those games that's better than the sum of its parts. In particular, the stealth, the verticality, the visuals, and the sound design all work together nicely and makes wandering around exploding nazis really engaging.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
There are a lot of things to blow up but you'll be exploding things by the dozen to get contraband. I suppose you could do missions and get contraband that way too. Much like JC2, you make your own fun. At some point you're going to drive around in a tank just cause' or the devs shouldn't have made them drivable. :colbert:

There is one achievement in particular that is locked behind missions and it helps in a big way. It's one of the few reasons you'd want to go into the countryside. Getting 100% in JC2, The Saboteur and Assassin Creed games is just plain tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Are you going to show off how to do the marksman perks early and what the reward for them is?

• Locked thread