Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Tuxedo Gin posted:

we should add p. rico and guam

52 states

some bully country like China just gonna come over and knock em all over the place and make us play 52 pickup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

gently caress Guam, it's an air field and dirt.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Puertoricans are too swarthy to be real Americans

Although if if PR becomes a state, maybe we can kick out Texas so flag doesn't change?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PR pride gently caress America!

Why yes I'll take this social security and enlist in the Marine Corps and move to New York

lol why would I live in Puerto Rico? Have you ever been?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
where do you think the dreaded affliction rear end rabies came from. thats right puerto rico

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

where do you think the dreaded affliction rear end rabies came from. thats right puerto rico

i got it and they had to put my rear end down and give everyone who it had bitten a shot

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well they are a bit darker than normal americans so we cant have that can we.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you've ever been to PR you know that it smells like old socks and cabbage all the time and the people are rude.
I once fought a bear in PR and it lost, but was very unsportsmanlike and I feel that should count against them wanting to be a state.

Thank you.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

If you've ever been to PR you know that it smells like old socks and cabbage all the time and the people are rude.
I once fought a bear in PR and it lost, but was very unsportsmanlike and I feel that should count against them wanting to be a state.

Thank you.

was this bear on bear or are you more of a twink

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't think that's any of your business frankly

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

MiracleWhale posted:

i got it and they had to put my rear end down and give everyone who it had bitten a shot

i would never put your rear end down :bigtran:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Big Beef City posted:

gently caress Guam, it's an air field and dirt.

yeah but so are texas and nevada

at least guam is a tropical island and not a massive desert hellhole

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
It is called 'Puerto Rico.'

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

i would never put your rear end down :bigtran:

:wink:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Roylicious posted:

It is called 'Puerto Rico.'

or in english, 'rick's port'

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Mozi posted:

south and north carolina are pretty much the same at this point, unfortunately (way to go, idiots)

Merge the Carolinas, break up the Californias. No state should be too big to fail!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Ain't no one ready to close those tasty loopholes yet.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
yeah for real, do we really still need two Virginias, seems a bit excessive

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ferroque posted:

better yet give me 2

1. Safe Democratic Senate Seat
2. Safe Democratic Senate Seat

Same logic applies to DC statehood and the lack thereof

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im gonna guam my cock up the ops rear end

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
There is absolutely no upside in adding poor trash islands to the US, we can already vacation there cheaply.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

two pages and the thread is already about Texas

owned

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Just merge Puerto Rico and Texas. They've already got the same flag.

They'd be too busy talking poo poo about how fast/slow they each speak to hype finally being the largest state (?).

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The dairy/cattle industry represents the largest slice of their agriculture by far. Does that mean Texas smells too?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jesus christ op we need five people already just to count the states we DO have on our fingers

and you want to add another person to that?

for ONE finger?

gtfo with that poo poo

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Texas you smell like poo poo. Make nice and accept your stinyk little brother handsome Rico.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
islands are dumb as poo poo and hawaii sholdnt be a state either

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Give Alaska back to Russia and make Purto Rico a state imo. Much hotter women.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good idea. I think we should merge Wyoming, Montana, N and S Dakota and just call it big dumb red state. At least that way they wouldn't have such disproportionate representation.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ferroque posted:

On December 11, 2012, the Legislative Assembly of Puerto Rico enacted a concurrent resolution to request the President and the Congress of the United States to respond diligently and effectively, and to act on the demand of the people of Puerto Rico, as freely and democratically expressed in the referendum held on November 6, 2012, to end its current status as a territory and to begin the process to admit Puerto Rico to the Union as a state.[1]

In 2014, resolutions were introduced in both houses of the United States Congress (H.R. 2000; S. 2020) to hold a yes-or-no referendum among Puerto Rican residents on statehood, with a "yes" majority compelling the President to submit legislation enacting Puerto Rican statehood.[2][3] Both resolutions died in committee.[4]

Argh.

"Hmm. Puerto Rico voted for statehood. Think we should make them a state?"

"Do we HAVE to? I have an appointment with my chiropractor in an hour."

"Well, how about we propose another referendum to them asking 'Are you SURE you want to be a state?'"

"I like that idea. You want to draw up the papers?"

"Are you kidding? My day is packed, I have nearly a dozen lobbyists in line to suck my dick and that's just this afternoon."

"Well, drat. Ain't nobody got time for this Puerto Rican poo poo. Let's just ignore it and if anybody asks we'll just keep saying 'we're working on it' until nobody remembers."

"Now that's a plan. It's a lot cooler having exactly 50 states anyhow."

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

in a deck of cards representing the usa puerto rico would be the joker, the dumb card

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

MiracleWhale posted:

in a deck of cards representing the usa puerto rico would be the joker, the dumb card

there are 52 cards in a deck we have room for PR and one more!!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
it's because nobody important cares enough about Puerto Rico to go to the trouble of making it a state.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad8JISCKcYo

The Puerto Rico Tourism Board may actually be the worst wrestling heel gimmick of all time.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
If they became a state they would have to pay income tax, which they don't want to do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think they should get to be a state. 51 states means they can redesign the flag, and we can get one of those cool circle ones or maybe some tasteful pixle art?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Rutibex posted:

i think they should get to be a state. 51 states means they can redesign the flag, and we can get one of those cool circle ones or maybe some tasteful pixle art?

And then they would have some sort of voting for designs/names and someone from the internet will win the vote to call it Flaggy McFlaggerston.
Because internet.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
We should allow Puerto Rico to become a state but require them to send their women to the mainland between the ages of 18 and 30. On their 31st birthday we would then ship them back to the island, because it's all down hill from there.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roger Craig posted:

If they became a state they would have to pay income tax, which they don't want to do.

Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

1: Their state motto would be "Get drunk and gently caress our beeches".

2: They couldn't even find 4 attractive people for a sex tourism advertisement.

• Locked thread