Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Is Stan Kroenke eligible for moving his team? If so, Stan Kroenke.

yeah gently caress Stan Kroenke. i'll even bold it for you so it counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Also might be worth nominating the mayor of Carson just for wearing this

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jamie Horowitz of Fox Sports for hiring Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, and Skip Bayless, among others.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

seiferguy posted:

I know it's only tangibly related, but being we nominated the St. Louis PD last year, can I nominate White Americans upset with Beyonce's Halftime Show? Because that was the greatest amount of pear-clutching I'd seen all year.

I second.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK folks, HERE IS THE SPREADSHEET!

I will fill it out, and you don't have permission to do so, but you can use it to do cool things like see who has been nominated, see who hasn't been seconded, and shitpost in the comments.
The "nominated by" column of the Nominees sheet includes the goon who nominated the douchebag nominee, plus a link to their post nominating them.

If you attempt to nominate someone who was already nominated, I will instead add you to the "Seconded by" column.

I am not exercising editorial control over who can be nominated. What that means is that if I have any doubt at all, I will err on the side of adding your nomination or vote, even if there's a chance you were just trying to be funny or something. So for example, The Kraken asked if Baylor was eligible, and I took that to be a nomination for Baylor.

If our beloved dictator Ben Has A Tiny Weenus decides to disqualify a nomination, I will strike out the nomination, but leave it in the sheet for recordkeeping purposes and to ensure the person doing the nominating is permanently branded with their shameful attempt to cheat, or whatever.

Finally, as a reminder: people are more likely to second your nomination if you talk a bit about why the person is a douchebag. Many of us do not have photographic memories of all the lovely poo poo douchebags pulled off last year, and even if we do remember, we might not remember perfectly, or we might have the wrong opinion about your favorite douchebag. Also I think it's part of the fun.

As of this post we have 30 nominees, but only 13 have been seconded.

e. Oh yeah also, ODB and Josh Norman were nominated in one phrase, so I put them in together as a single entry. Also it's funnier that way because presumably they hate each other, and so deserve to be judged as one.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 20, 2016

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

seiferguy posted:

I know it's only tangibly related, but being we nominated the St. Louis PD last year, can I nominate White Americans upset with Beyonce's Halftime Show? Because that was the greatest amount of pear-clutching I'd seen all year.

My fear with this is that "White Americans upset with Beyonce" and "White Americans upset at MIzzou" and "White Americans who X" are going to be pretty much all the same people, and let's be honest, if white people can run in aggregate they are going to run away with this poo poo.

Still, if they make it is I am probably voting for them at least for the first few rounds.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Leperflesh posted:

e. Oh yeah also, ODB and Josh Norman were nominated in one phrase, so I put them in together as a single entry. Also it's funnier that way because presumably they hate each other, and so deserve to be judged as one.

They should probably be separate. OBJ acted like a dick in the Bills game and Norman acted like a douche during the season as well, they just had their biggest moment together

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I will also nominate Phil Simms for continuing to poo poo up the National Football League with his inane, laughably outdated commentary.

E: Seconding both Jamie Horowitz and Darren Rovell, though Rovell should be up for the HOF this year.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I would second Ken Starr or Art Briles, but at this point they seem to be less douchey and more coldhearted psychopaths.

Instead, I would like to nominate Daniel Figurelli for the following reasons:
1) Being an Aggie
2) Pretending to be a UT fan on twitter and calling recruits racial and homophobic epithets for not committing to Texas
3) Being the only person to know about these accounts and then retweeting them as a way to call UT fans classless

Number one should honestly suffice most years, but item 2 and 3 are what push it over the top. ShaggyTexas has a thorough cliff notes version of his antics, and I found another good summary right here for your reading pleasure.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Seconding Phil Simms

replace him with anyone, anything, I don't even loving care

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

I will also nominate Phil Simms for continuing to poo poo up the National Football League with his inane, laughably outdated commentary.

Third

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Just a simple lurker here but can one nominate our good twitter friend eatdatpussy445?

I mean he is uncomfortable and an Eagles fan so I am just going to assume he is a douche.

Spitballing here friends, I am new at this!

Also, could you maybe have a posthumous award? Like a special category for long past douches?

e: after consideration EDP is probably just a sad brain, so I nominate Drew Brees for that scandal he was in with his pyramid scheme or whatever.

Also, Jimmy Johns.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 20, 2016

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Just dumping in case someone hasn't posted them.

Kroenke, Spanos, Jones for the whole Chargers/Rams fiasco.

Briles for contibuing to turn Baylor into a rapist camp.

Penn State Fans for their ambivalence (once again, and recently so) about the fact that Paterno was officially linked to being passive/tolerant about the whole Sandusky situation.

JFF

JJ Watt for literally trying to get the spotlight back to his work ethic at any possible moment.

Patriots fans for actually suing the NFL to get their draft pick back. So much entitlement over such a stupidly small thing. They, of course, also made a lot of conspiracy accusations when the court told them to gently caress off.

Vontaze Burfict for... a lot of stuff, but let's just point to the Antonio Brown stuff in the post season.

Steve Sarkisian, who I don't want to hate on since he has a problem, but I will because he basically wasted a youbg abd talented team all on his own. Also, whoever the USC AD was (Pat Hayden?) for the Kiffin/Sark/whoever was in the middle of them drama.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The 12th Man, for trying to ban Cam Newton from Seattle with a Change.org petition.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Has the lady who wrote that letter to Cam been nominated already?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Didn't she repent? I thought she was cool now.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

CaptainYesterday posted:

Jamie Horowitz of Fox Sports for hiring Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, and Skip Bayless, among others.

Second

Also adding onto Tom Brady's nom because of his 200 dollar bullshit book peddling crappy diets to idiots and probably circumventing the salary cap.

And whoever at nfl or espn who made the decision to kill that concussion study.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 20, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

effectual posted:

Seconded.

Mostly ESPN, if only for shitcanning all of Grantland through twitter.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The 12th Man, for trying to ban Cam Newton from Seattle with a Change.org petition.

hahaha I forgot about this. Seconded.

That letter-writing tsk-tsk mom was this year, right?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seattle fans have been nommed for 3+ years now iirc, lmao. :hawksin: Don't blame ten million for the crimes of a handful, find their exact names.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TeeMerk posted:

Just a simple lurker here but can one nominate our good twitter friend eatdatpussy445?

e: after consideration EDP is probably just a sad brain, so I nominate Drew Brees for that scandal he was in with his pyramid scheme or whatever.

Because you retracted it, I have not entered a nomination for eatdatpussy445.

swickles posted:

Has the lady who wrote that letter to Cam been nominated already?

Yes. I took your question to mean you would second it, but please let me know if you would like to retract your second.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Didn't she repent? I thought she was cool now.

That would be a good thing to find out, and then use as a no vote if/when this entry comes up for voting.

effectual posted:

This is quite vague but I have provisionally added it to the list. If you find out who exactly it is, I can update it, and I will assume that Forever_Peace's second will "stick" unless he says otherwise.

Forever_Peace posted:

Mostly ESPN, if only for shitcanning all of Grantland through twitter.

I added ESPN as a separate nomination from you, on the basis that I think this is a separate issue that you intended to focus on. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Spreadsheet is up to date as of this post.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just a gentle reminder:

Zurreco posted:

Briles for contibuing to turn Baylor into a rapist camp.

Steve Sarkisian, who I don't want to hate on since he has a problem, but I will because he basically wasted a youbg abd talented team all on his own. Also, whoever the USC AD was (Pat Hayden?) for the Kiffin/Sark/whoever was in the middle of them drama.

I had to google to figure out who these people are, please help out a poor spreadsheet enthusiast when discussing college ball stuff by giving me full names and even better, school names too. Also, I entered Pat Haden as a separate entry from Steve Sarkisian, but if you intended to group them (perhaps as "USC coaching staff"?) that might make sense too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ray Lewis

for being ray lewis

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Would Russell Wilson count for his concussion curing water scam? No way he'd win but it adds another name to the list.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Ray Lewis

for being ray lewis

Second

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

bobjr posted:

Would Russell Wilson count for his concussion curing water scam? No way he'd win but it adds another name to the list.

Counting this as a nomination.

In general I think folks should just nominate and don't worry if they "count" or not - we'll sort that out in the next stage of the contest.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What about J. J. Watt for the whole NO DAYS OFF during the storms in Houston thing?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Just going to chime in before work and say that white people who got upset at beyonce are not eligible. I try to keep this thread not very political, and while white people are notoriously awful as a whole, I feel that this is too far removed from football to be counted.

I will make other rulings and edit the spreadsheet into the OP when I get home tomorrow.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Indeed, the woman who wrote the letter to Cam seems to be an ex-douche. :unsmith:

quote:

I really appreciate his comments and his respect for my thoughts, and I was impressed with the sensitivity and graciousness with which he spoke. I am sorry I didn’t understand him better until this week. It is clear from his remarks that he recognizes his leadership role, both on and off the field, and that he truly cares about the kids watching him. I respect his comments just as much as he did mine, and I wish him nothing but continued success on the field and in life.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That reads less like a retraction and more like "oh he's one of the good ones!"

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

bobjr posted:

Seconding, particularly on the strength of his abstinence horseshit.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Forget the nanobubbles, Russell Wilson deserves a nomination based on this poo poo http://deadspin.com/russell-wilson-googled-how-to-describe-a-beautiful-wom-1755727770

quote:

Yesterday was Woman Crush Wednesday on Twitter, so Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson decided to offer an encomium to the light and love of his life, Ciara:

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/692551062566387714

(As always when Russ tweets about Ciara, you should read all the replies. They never fail to be the most savage things you’ve ever seen in your life.)

What a sweet little note! Now I am convinced that Russell Wilson not some sort of uncanny-valley A.I. experiment, and is an actual human being with human thoughts and feelings.

Until:

https://twitter.com/natalieweiner/status/692551795621634048

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Forget the nanobubbles, Russell Wilson deserves a nomination based on this poo poo http://deadspin.com/russell-wilson-googled-how-to-describe-a-beautiful-wom-1755727770

Hahahahaha I forgot about that

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's hilarious, but honestly I don't think it's much different from giving someone a Hallmark card. Well. It's a little different since he's trying to pass off the words as his own, but it's not like you normally cite your references in a tweet. And in this case the words are explicitly being given for you to re-use, much like with a hallmark card.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Leperflesh posted:

That's hilarious, but honestly I don't think it's much different from giving someone a Hallmark card. Well. It's a little different since he's trying to pass off the words as his own, but it's not like you normally cite your references in a tweet. And in this case the words are explicitly being given for you to re-use, much like with a hallmark card.

Sure, but IIRC, there are other instances of him doing the same thing on a variety of topics.

And also, remember, the Lord God himself told Russell to date Ciara, but not to do sex, so he could save her.

quote:

"She was on tour, and I was looking at her in the mirror, and God spoke to me," Wilson told the pastor. "He said, 'I need you to lead her.'

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have a feeling Ciara is going to be very disappointed on her wedding night

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Nystral posted:

If we're doing HOF then I nominate Florida State University - from the 2015 tournament thread.

Florida State University is a dumb douchey school. The littany of dumb douchey players that have come out of that "fine institution" is countless so I'll hit the highlights:
* Dion Sanders - Played in the 1989 Sugar Bowl after not going to class or taking finals exams in the Fall 88 semester. Florida's legislature had to pass a law to stop it.
* Peter Warrick - scammed a department store out of over $400 in clothing. Got a misdemeanor out of the plea deal.
* Laveranues Coles - Same scam as Warrick, but get got kicked off the team too. Way to be consistent on punishment FSU!

"But but Nystral" you say "none of that happened in the last year!!!!" Fine you evil people we'll talk about Jameis Winston and how the fine institution of Florida State University coddled the guy. This idiot stood in the middle of the student union and yelled "gently caress Her Right In The Pussy" the consequences of what the finest sports journalism outlet of our day termed "a profane and sexually explicit phrase" HALF A loving GAME!!!!!!!!! HALF!!!! It was turned into a full game suspension after he "mislead" (read: lied) to the administration.

Bobby Bowden - that fine and morally centered fuckwit who gave Peter Warrick a two game suspension for stealing $400 in clothing - called Winston an embarrassment. It takes a lot to embarrass good ol Bobby Bowden but I guess "gently caress Her Right In The Pussy" was the tipping point.

gently caress Jameis Winston, gently caress Bobby Bowden, and gently caress FSU.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

Also, I entered Pat Haden as a separate entry from Steve Sarkisian, but if you intended to group them (perhaps as "USC coaching staff"?) that might make sense too.

Thanks love. Keep them separate and you can prob drop Sark if we get too many viable seeds.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I think this is the Year that Tom Brady wins it all.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Colts' front office/medical staff for putting rookie Tyler Varga on IR/injury settlement after he refused to take some medicine he was prescribed by them, but a second opinion told him was quite dangerous.

• Locked thread