Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

effectual posted:

Peyton for trying to sweep his hgh and teabagging stuff under the rug and plugging budweiser after his defense gifted him the trophy, etc.

Haha, this made me decide to compare Manning's performance in each Super Bow with the Broncos because I had a hunch he was actually better in the Seattle game. Turns out that hunch is right times a billion:

vs. Seattle
34/49 280 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 sack for 1 yard, QB Rating 73.5

vs. Carolina
13/23 141 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks for 37 yards, QB rating 56.6, 1 fumble lost

God drat he was loving terrible in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You had a hunch he was better in the Seattle game huh?

Did you also have a feeling Custer was slightly undermanned?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

You had a hunch he was better in the Seattle game huh?

Did you also have a feeling Custer was slightly undermanned?

Peyton was also poo poo in the Seattle game, but that was a team failure in all 3 phases of the game.

Nov 6, 2002

He was playing from behind the whole time and had to force a lot of poo poo. I don't think he played particularly poorly, his team just totally buried him, like you said.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He also had a lot of garbage time poo poo including the TD in the Seattle game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

He was playing from behind the whole time and had to force a lot of poo poo. I don't think he played particularly poorly, his team just totally buried him, like you said.

He played pretty poorly. He had both interceptions in the first half and was basically unable to complete anything past like 5 yards downfield.

The second int was also a pick six that put them down 22 and pretty much ended the competitive parts of that game...

But man, yeah, that was a failure in all three phases. Right after the pick six, they almost fumbled away the kickoff, then the 2nd quarter ends and the 3rd quarter starts with that kick return TD. Then the next time they get into Seattle territory, Demarius fumbles it and a broncos olineman gets an unnecessary roughness.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i nominate a little child

I have diligently added this, but I suspect it will be thrown out for vagueness.

swickles posted:

I would like to either second Tom Brady, or simply go with Pats fans for trying to sue to get the draft pick back and also for this comedy gold:

I've seconded both for you, but you used the word "either" for some reason, perhaps because you're under the misapprehension that you're only allowed to nominate or second one thing? Because you can totally go to town. Please let me know if you only wanted to second one of those two.

Metapod posted:

Specifically the little child traumatized by cam

I'm afraid I can't just change someone else's nomination based on your post. I can, however, give you your own nomination of that specific child. I assume it's a real child, I don't know anything about this incident.

Generally guys I do understand that some of you are just being sarcastic but I do not want to be the one to make a judgement call about what was serious or not, so I just record everything like a goddamn robot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if any of you have guts you will carry a small child to victory

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

swickles posted:

Haha, this made me decide to compare Manning's performance in each Super Bow with the Broncos because I had a hunch he was actually better in the Seattle game. Turns out that hunch is right times a billion:

vs. Seattle
34/49 280 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 sack for 1 yard, QB Rating 73.5

vs. Carolina
13/23 141 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 5 sacks for 37 yards, QB rating 56.6, 1 fumble lost

You have his Colts Super Bowl statlines handy too, out of curiosity?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ulmont posted:

You have his Colts Super Bowl statlines handy too, out of curiosity?

25/38 247 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack for 8 yards, QB Rating 81.8

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
31/45 333 yards, TD, INT, 88.5 rating in the loss to the Saints.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I believe we've just proved that quarterback performance is unrelated to superbowl winning

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Cavauro posted:

Seconded if only because I assume you mean Tom Brady

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cavauro posted:

I second the nomination of Jed York, who stole soccer from children.

quote:

Forbes magazine last week listed the value of the team at $2.7 billion. The Niners, according to Forbes, are the fifth most-valuable team in the NFL and had the biggest one-year increase in value -- 69 percent -- of any team in the league, thanks in large part to moving into the $1.2 billion Levi's Stadium.

Team revenue from ticket sales, sponsors, luxury suites and non-football events jumped 160 percent from the previous season, Forbes reported.

Yet CEO Jed York still won't live up to the commitment he made -- before the public vote on Levi's Stadium -- to replace the Santa Clara Youth Soccer League's tournament-class fields that the stadium is crowding out. York's corporation is walking away from its responsibility. Or, more likely, driving away in a convoy of Brinks Armored Vehicles.

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_28832868/mercury-news-editorial-49ers-value-soars-youth-soccer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Seconded if only because I assume you mean Tom Brady

wait so should I... did you want to second Tom Brady, or...

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Art Briles just got (reportedly) dismissed from Baylor for the same reasons that he's in the bracket. Ken Starr to potentially be fired alongside him. Are they still viable for the bracket?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Zurreco posted:

Art Briles just got (reportedly) dismissed from Baylor for the same reasons that he's in the bracket. Ken Starr to potentially be fired alongside him. Are they still viable for the bracket?

No charges, absolutely. I think we have a front runner!

Leperflesh posted:

I have diligently added this, but I suspect it will be thrown out for vagueness.

It's a no go unless someone can cite a specific child. There is no age limit here.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Baylor just catapulted itself into the favorite position

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/735876290302083072

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Baylor, Briles, and Starr are each independent nominees. Right now, Baylor has 1 Second (from BHTW), Briles has two (BHTW and Zurreco), and Ken Starr has no seconds.

What is the cutoff date for this year's contest vs. next year?

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Baylor, Briles, and Starr are each independent nominees. Right now, Baylor has 1 Second (from BHTW), Briles has two (BHTW and Zurreco), and Ken Starr has no seconds.

Nominations go til the end of the nomination process, which I am going to let go until next weekend because I have some unexpected work travelling I have to do. Gotta love spending 4 months in Atlanta, being told construction is done on my restaurant, getting home, and being told to go back to Atlanta for 1-2 more weeks because construction was delayed again, when it was originally supposed to be done in March. I'd sarcastically nominate my company for DotY, but the money is too good for me to complain.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Febreeze posted:

Baylor just catapulted itself into the favorite position

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/735876290302083072

they took away an accuser's scholarship

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zurreco posted:

More than anything, that proves beyond the shadow of doubt that they're guilty as sin of their douchebaggery.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Second Ken Starr

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm gonna go ahead and second all three of them myself, too.

I'm also seconding Burfict, Jed York, Johnny Manziel, Whoever at the NFL or ESPN who killed the concussion study,

and,

I'm nominating Josh Gordon, who in addition to continuing to throw away his incredibly promising football career, decided it was a good idea to go hang out and party with Johnny Manziel. This was a decision a man made who presumably still wanted to play football.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
because the evidence is so overwhelming you should just remove Baylor and co from the running and name the award 'Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year Presented by Baylor'

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah Ken Starr and Art Briles deserve a ton of poo poo but Baylor as an entire institution should be the runaway winner. Top to bottom they looked at Title IX and what it required and went "eh, gently caress it"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

rebel1608 posted:

Yeah Ken Starr and Art Briles deserve a ton of poo poo but Baylor as an entire institution should be the runaway winner. Top to bottom they looked at Title IX and what it required and went "eh, gently caress it"

I guess this is a Second?

Nov 6, 2002

Eat poo poo Ken Starr you loving dick, you finally get yours.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

go3 posted:

because the evidence is so overwhelming you should just remove Baylor and co from the running and name the award 'Ben Roethlisberger Douche of the Year Presented by Baylor'

New thread title

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

I guess this is a Second?

Oh sorry yes I am seconding Baylor

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I'd argue that Baylor shouldn't be eligible as a whole, but I'm willing to listen to arguments about how much or little Art Briles knew about.

After reading that report (what they released, keep in mind they weren't required to release anything so it's possible they're holding stuff back), I'm backtracking on this and think Briles, Starr and whoever else should just be rolled up into Baylor.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 26, 2016

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Roll up team Baylor.

I have a feeling they will be the center of the Douche vs. Evil argument this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Roll up team Baylor.

I have a feeling they will be the center of the Douche vs. Evil argument this year.

Done. All Briles and Starr nominations and seconds added in to Baylor, which now has seven Seconds. That includes Grittybeard, because he used bold, but that's an assumption.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah that was meant to be a second, not that it will be all that necessary to get them in.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that was meant to be a second, not that it will be all that necessary to get them in.

No, but I believe Ben has said that number of seconds will have seeding implications.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I wish to second Vontaze the Mad, Jed York, The Baylor Megadouche Singularity, Johnny loving Football, Geno Smith, Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson, The shithead who hacked Laremy Tunsil's phone, Steven A. ShillSmith, Joseph "Pantybandit" Randle, Jerry Jones, Odell Beckam Jr., Joey Porter, Greg "The Gunman" Hardy, Adam Schefter, Pat Haden, The Twelfth Man, The organizations that are totally not gambling guys, we swear, and why aren't you on Draft Kings this very second you loser, Daniel Figurelli, Everything related to Penn(dophile) State University, The Colts Front Office, James Franklin, Ryan Mallett, The Jackson and Lynch Speed Crew, Aaron Moorehead, Rex Ryan, and Mike McCarthy

I would also like to nominate IK Enemkpali for the Nobel peace prize.

... I... I feel better guys.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GenHavoc posted:

I would also like to nominate IK Enemkpali for the Nobel peace prize.

... I... I feel better guys.

Seconding, though I think he also deserves recognition in particle physics as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How the gently caress is Ken loving Starr still a thing in 2016 :psyduck:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

How the gently caress is Ken loving Starr still a thing in 2016 :psyduck:

Remember when Baylor was going to sue everyone in the world when the Big 12 looked like it was going to break up?

Yeah that was Ken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Roll up team Baylor.

Strongly leaning towards douche here because of this poo poo http://deadspin.com/baylor-is-full-of-poo poo-1778933505

quote:

They also made sure to point out that they are a Christian university, including their “Christian mission” among the bullet points in their press release. Because after all this—after the lies, the coverups, the arrests, the convictions, and the silence—Baylor still has the audacity to cite its Christian mission, oblivious to the fact that if it followed that mission no one would be talking about this in the first place. Baylor can change the names, fire a few people, and release all the fraudulent reports it wants, but where improvement really starts is in showing, at minimum, the ability to give a poo poo. And giving a poo poo entails more than just saying “Sorry” over and over again.

:fuckoff: This is Notre Dame levels of smug piousness

• Locked thread