Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Roll up team Baylor.

I have a feeling they will be the center of the Douche vs. Evil argument this year.

I mean, we voted Notre Dame for the #1 slot two years ago for basically the same thing

but really how the gently caress does anyone else win now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Strongly leaning towards douche here because of this poo poo http://deadspin.com/baylor-is-full-of-poo poo-1778933505

:fuckoff: This is Notre Dame levels of smug piousness

Going to second Baylor for using the same "this is a Christian organization" troll that every goon guild in every MMO has used at one point or another.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Febreeze posted:

I mean, we voted Notre Dame for the #1 slot two years ago for basically the same thing

it could turn out one of the football players accused in the baylor report identified as "Billy," wore a blonde wig to hide his true identity, and was only tied to Baylor because he said he played college football for a team in Texas

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

It's about the journey, not the destination Febreeze.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Holy poo poo, when people are nominating Ken Starr it is actually the same dude from Clinton trials? I figured it was a coincidental name being the same.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i like this thread because every time the tournament starts people start arguing and get Real Mad that others have inferior morals by not voting for their guy

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
This thread is always good for extreme feelings online. Im glad the nominating process is a big officious ordeal now too. With a spreadsheet and stuff

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

Holy poo poo, when people are nominating Ken Starr it is actually the same dude from Clinton trials? I figured it was a coincidental name being the same.

Yeah, same dude. Ousted for a sexual harassment coverup, no irony here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

v2vian man posted:

This thread is always good for extreme feelings online. Im glad the nominating process is a big officious ordeal now too. With a spreadsheet and stuff

I'm glad I can inject a note of overly-serious bookkeeping and formalized procedure into the mess. You're welcome.

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, same dude. Ousted for a sexual harassment coverup, no irony here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/us/politics/ken-starr-impeachment-bill-clinton.html?_r=0

quote:

Mr. Starr expressed regret last week that so much of Mr. Clinton’s legacy remained viewed through the lens of what Mr. Starr demurely termed “the unpleasantness.

His remarks seemed almost to absolve Mr. Clinton, if not to exonerate him.

“There are certain tragic dimensions which we all lament,” Mr. Starr said in a panel discussion on the presidency at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.

“That having been said, the idea of this redemptive process afterwards, we have certainly seen that powerfully” in Mr. Clinton’s postpresidency, he continued, adding, “President Carter set a very high standard, which President Clinton clearly continues to follow.”

It's OK that he's rolled into the Baylor mess, because this particular avenue of Ken Starr douchebaggery is unrelated to football. But it's still absolutely worth the read because hollly poo poo what an rear end in a top hat.

He was appointed to investigate Whitewater, found nothing, and decided to go after Bill Clinton's affair rumors instead. Now he's... not apologetic, oh no, but "the unpleasantness" is in his opinion regretful because Bill Clinton has shown himself to be such a good upstanding charitable guy ever since.

As if it is Ken Starr's place to judge Bill Clinton's moral character. Because of course that was his belief from the outset.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Leper, save that poo poo for the actual voting phases.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Leperflesh posted:

wait so should I... did you want to second Tom Brady, or...

Just go with your heart.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to nominate Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

What'd he do?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GenHavoc posted:

What'd he do?

A cheap shot on a Chief.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-pUBX8b5cU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I would also like to nominate 49ers offensive lineman Zane Beadles

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Second

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Did you just try to nominate a person who you thought did nothing, then pick another random name when that person actually did some poo poo?

If not I have to admit I'm impressed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I nominate Amy Adams for being a poo poo owner who sabotages the Titans

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Did you just try to nominate a person who you thought did nothing, then pick another random name when that person actually did some poo poo?

If not I have to admit I'm impressed.

uh.....thats not what happened at all...uh....im going to go ahead and nominate this guy for being a freaking jerk!!!!!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

uh.....thats not what happened at all...uh....im going to go ahead and nominate this guy for being a freaking jerk!!!!!!

Seconded.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Metapod posted:

Seconding Amy Adams, the Titans ownership is quietly godawful to the point of gross negligence.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

sean10mm posted:

Seconding Amy Adams, the Titans ownership is quietly godawful to the point of gross negligence.

If we're nominating owners for negligence toward their team, I nominate Martha Ford.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'd like to test the waters with Tom Benson and/or Gayle Benson, the current owners of the Saints. I don't know who should get the nom, though, but it's probably the wife:

Tom recently decided to completely cut out his children/family from any ownership/control over the Saints (and Pelicans) without any real explanation. Rumor has it that Gayle forced a rift between him and his kids (she is their second or third stepmother at this point) and then forced him to pick between them.

When the kids asked for an explanation, he said they didn't deserve one and that Gayle earned 100% of his stake when he steps down/dies. The kids asked for a competency hearing and Gayle set up the softest interview possible, which Tom "passed," though only with the caveat that the process and results were sealed ASAP.

So basically, stepmom convinces senile billionaire to completely cut ties with his family and give her all of his power when he's gone. Pretty douchey.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If we're nominating owners for negligence toward their team, I nominate Martha Ford.

I thought it was generally considered Ford was doing what she could with what her husband left

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Metapod posted:

She wasn't that bad as Lois Lane.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Martha Ford fired nearly everyone on the Lions and brought in someone who had nothing to do with the Lions to run the Lions. She's cool for now.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Zurreco posted:

I'd like to test the waters with Tom Benson and/or Gayle Benson, the current owners of the Saints. I don't know who should get the nom, though, but it's probably the wife:

Tom recently decided to completely cut out his children/family from any ownership/control over the Saints (and Pelicans) without any real explanation. Rumor has it that Gayle forced a rift between him and his kids (she is their second or third stepmother at this point) and then forced him to pick between them.

When the kids asked for an explanation, he said they didn't deserve one and that Gayle earned 100% of his stake when he steps down/dies. The kids asked for a competency hearing and Gayle set up the softest interview possible, which Tom "passed," though only with the caveat that the process and results were sealed ASAP.

So basically, stepmom convinces senile billionaire to completely cut ties with his family and give her all of his power when he's gone. Pretty douchey.

Benson has come close a few times before. I had to double check just now to make sure he wasn't in the HoF already.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I just realized I haven't nominated bert yet so let me rectify that mistake.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I just realized I haven't nominated bert yet so let me rectify that mistake.

I don't remember what he did last year but a second for Bret Bielema, because Bret Bielema.

vv--haha holy poo poo I forgot that. Yeah seconded for sure.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 30, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I don't remember what he did last year but a second for Bret Bielema, because Bret Bielema.

He flopped that fucker flopped

Third

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zurreco posted:

I'd like to test the waters with Tom Benson and/or Gayle Benson, the current owners of the Saints.

I went ahead and put them in as a shared category, but I can split them if someone cares to second only one or the other or something.

I know you're just being an rear end in a top hat, but I went ahead and googled Zane Beadles to try and find any news about him being a jerk and couldn't find it. So thank you for mildly inconveniencing me, the statistics keeper, with your little joke.

Zurreco posted:

Leper, save that poo poo for the actual voting phases.

It turns out I know where the Quote button is, so it's not going to be a big problem. Also it's fine to post why someone is bad if you want to try and get people to second them.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Hell, trolls must die if you ask moi

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Zurreco posted:

Jesus, that's like a modern day Grimms' fairy tale, almost.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Zurreco posted:

I've been following this story off and on, and the problem is that you really only get to hear his kids' side of the story. It's his team, and he can do with it as he pleases. If he wants to give it to the woman still willing to slob his old knob and not his children who are we to blame him or his wife? It's not like nepotism has been a boon to the NFL, and as he said, why do they deserve it?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think Tom Benson should be on the HOF ballot, he certainly has the resume to qualify

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Benne posted:

I think Tom Benson should be on the HOF ballot, he certainly has the resume to qualify

His odds are slim unless someone seconds his (and his wife's?) nomination.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Sure, but being the victim in a episodic plot from literally every procedural crime show in the last 30 years isn't really his fault.

... It's almost like the entire story is fabricated and it's his kids that are the a-holes here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

... It's almost like the entire story is fabricated and it's his kids that are the a-holes here.

Benson has a ton of old stuff that's applicable back from when he was 100% for sure in control of things, even if this current story is bullshit (which I doubt but who knows). Hence the HoF suggestion.

Which I'll second for the record. Tom Benson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think people might be done nominating.

• Locked thread