Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
are you a dreamer? are you among the elite 100% of the population that reclines horizontally each day to wait out the dark spell? (ignoring those goons who pass out at their gaming station drunk off cheap whiskey and Louisiana hot sauce sardines).

tell me about your exclusive expertise in lucid dreaming. when did you first realize your unlimited potential within the dark recesses of your mind? I hesitate to finish that thought, knowing goons. tell me about techniques you refined in your youth to escape nightmares, a form of lucid dreaming that only utilized the anxiety is knowing to escape the confines.

do you keep a dream journal? have your trained your body to shuffle off the strange non autonomy of dreaming (with its manufactured memories and actions you carry out without question until you awake) to gain powerful control over your dream scape?

are your dreams different if you're carrying a fever or some other kind of physical ailment?

I know, when I was a tyke, that I could escape nightmares by closing my dream eyes and focusing intently on a fixed point in that darkness, and I'd eject from the t rex pursuing me on my stairs.

if I'm struck by a powerful dream, I'll try to write it down when I awake. auto correct is very graduating with that sleep lag.

fever dreams give me very visceral and extreme nightmares. In a morbid way, I enjoy the insanity.

It is frustrating to toe that lucid dream edge where you're aware but not so much to wake yourself up. I usually try to fly as soon as the realization hits me.

I dream a lot about swimming underwater and breathing normally. It's partially lucid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i dream of NOT having sex with the OP's mom but turns out that doesnt happen (I have sex with her constantly) :grin:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dream of genie with the light brown hair

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like splooge-cid dreaming imo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Nooner posted:

i dream of NOT having sex with the OP's mom but turns out that doesnt happen (I have sex with her constantly) :grin:

:agreed:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
more like boner-cumming-up-my-rear end dreaming if you ask me

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
this thread is a fuckin nightmare

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i dream of anime boobs and dickchicks

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

i dream of anime boobs and dickchicks

same and I wouldnt have it any other way

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Iron Prince posted:

same and I wouldnt have it any other way

:hfive:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a dream in high school where I made out with this girl and she tasted like cigarettes and leather. Then she comes up and talks to me out of the blue a couple days later irl and I'm just like "durrrrrr fart". :downswords:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Do GBS posters dream of electric shits?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

one time i dreamed about a lady who had a penis between her boobs, that was pretty strange

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

one time i dreamed about a lady who had a penis between her boobs, that was pretty strange

How is your mom doing?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used to have the ones where I could suck my own dick and lift up my legs and float, but never at the same time.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
once something really weird or bad happens, i usually clue in that it is a dream and start break the laws of physics and poo poo. i also don't remember dreams really so the ones that stick are pretty cool (were?)

theres also this one giant door at the end of a long bridge that looks like it came from dark souls that i have yet to open but i stop trying hard like 8 years ago

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

How is your mom doing?

she's happily married

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

she's happily married

i hope they are happy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Shaquin posted:

i hope they are happy

His wife has a dick. Of course they're happy!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hot Karl Marx posted:

once something really weird or bad happens, i usually clue in that it is a dream and start break the laws of physics and poo poo. i also don't remember dreams really so the ones that stick are pretty cool (were?)

theres also this one giant door at the end of a long bridge that looks like it came from dark souls that i have yet to open but i stop trying hard like 8 years ago

You still dream of the door but don't try to open it anymore? Messed man

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You still dream of the door but don't try to open it anymore? Messed man

nah, it rarely happens now, usually after a really bad day or something. its more of a taunting dream. I was in a really bad spot 8-13 years ago so maybe that's why, i dunno, i try not to chase fruitless dreams now. take from that whatever you want :unsmith:

edit: that smilie is not passive enough, forum needs better emoji support 😩

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love sleep when I can find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQY3gTxQN4

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
anyone have that dream where a tooth breaks and then you wake up and your teeth are still all perfectly fine and you're stupidly happy about it

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I tried lucid dreaming years ago and it does work. I got into a specific habit of checking my watch randomly and if I couldn't read it I was dreaming.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
usually it's molar

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hot Karl Marx posted:

nah, it rarely happens now, usually after a really bad day or something. its more of a taunting dream. I was in a really bad spot 8-13 years ago so maybe that's why, i dunno, i try not to chase fruitless dreams now. take from that whatever you want :unsmith:

edit: that smilie is not passive enough, forum needs better emoji support 😩

Good news, I'm sure 80% of goons phone post and that means you're sad defeated emoji works. 😊

jackyl posted:

anyone have that dream where a tooth breaks and then you wake up and your teeth are still all perfectly fine and you're stupidly happy about it

Constant. I did have to get five crowns on the front teeth eight years ago though so that's prob why. I'm really anxious about the four that didn't need root canals going postal on me

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Real talk: the teeth and their morality is why ppl are scared of living forever

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
never had a tooth problem but still get that dream occasionally and then when I wake up I am happy to find out I didn't shatter a tooth

it's dumb idgi

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Real talk: the teeth and their morality is why ppl are scared of living forever

guess what they say they give the public for "free" to help our "teeth". Flouride. they put it in the water. the water lobby is scramming the american dream with their mind control serums. that and leaving chem trails in the air from the aeroplanes. exhaust? yah right. follow the money.

just believe me. follow the money straight to the top and find out who really cares about your "teeth"

----TheWatcherOfFreedoms ANTIGOV-----
~~~~~~~~~~~FEEL THE BERN~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's funny how realistic dreams feel, especially if you consider weird dream memories, and how the verisimilitude doesn't somehow corrupt your sensation that reality is real

Of course, it's SO OBVIOUS your dreams were fake

But the same could be said of anything you experience without someone else to validate. Affirm. Collaborate.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

EVIL Gibson posted:

guess what they say they give the public for "free" to help our "teeth". Flouride. they put it in the water. the water lobby is scramming the american dream with their mind control serums. that and leaving chem trails in the air from the aeroplanes. exhaust? yah right. follow the money.

just believe me. follow the money straight to the top and find out who really cares about your "teeth"

----TheWatcherOfFreedoms ANTIGOV-----
~~~~~~~~~~~FEEL THE BERN~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_Xq7gSCBM

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

method: works best if you're not actually tired at all.

Lay down on your back, eyes shut. Keep your entire body entirely still; fight against the natural impulse to twitch / fidget / adjust yourself.

within minutes you'll be lucid dreaming.

recommendation: point out to any characters in your dream that you are aware that they are you (your own consciousness portraying them) and have a conversation with your own sub/unconscious mind.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa watching ID and I always dream that someone is trying to kill me.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

am i high?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ya

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sorry, this is the best version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I had a dream in high school where I made out with this girl and she tasted like cigarettes and leather. Then she comes up and talks to me out of the blue a couple days later irl and I'm just like "durrrrrr fart". :downswords:

She tasted like cigarettes and leather is a cool thing

I dreamed about a flooded mall the other night and kissing someone and feeling nothing but dry teeth and warm breath

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

tell me about your exclusive expertise in lucid dreaming. when did you first realize your unlimited potential within the dark recesses of your mind?

Hello. A fellow Morpheus-like entity here. My dream training began as a child, where, as it were - in order to confront a recurring nightmare - I self-identified as something more powerful than myself and then "psyched myself" into bringing that form with me into the dream-world. With my nightmare defeated, I would occupy myself by developing/imagining systems for shapeshifting my dream form as I went to sleep.

Later on, my older brother would have a "shared dream" with his two friends: they each remembered a dream from the night before where had fought each other in this huge dream-combat-simulation within a glass-domed city. Their story grabbed my interest and made me want to join them, and so later on that night I used my psych-out trick to try to "get in" to their dream in the same way- and it worked. I got in to the dream- the domed city was standing right before me, yes, only I was outside of it and there was no entrance. I walked the perimeter of the glass dome looking for a door or for signs of people, but all I could see inside was a ruined city shrouded in smoke: everyone inside was either long dead or engaged in the scattered few flashes of gunfire coming from deeper within the dome. Although I was disappointed at first when I woke up that morning, that's probably when I first started to realize that there was a bizarre temporal element to dreaming.

It was around this time that my younger brother was having a lot of nightmares as well, and so the three of us brothers would "camp out" in each others' rooms on each others' floors for a summer or two, and I remember it was around then that I began to (unknowingly, perhaps unintentionally) assist my younger brother in overcoming his nightmares, by joining him in the dream world and helping to guide him towards the dream-answers to his dream-problems. I sort of set my dream mode on to auto-assist and let it run by default.

Then puberty hit and I forgot about it all until I was moving out of home and found an old star-birth-chart a hippy-dippy friend's mom had printed out for me, a letter I'd written from myself to myself dated exactly eight years prior that said "PS see you in 8 years," and a silly little coffee table book on playful "brain tricks," with a simple how-to instructional page on lucid dreaming.

I read the part about training yourself to lucid dream, lay down headed north, closed my eyes, breathed slowly and built up a condensed energy bubble above my third eye. When I finally released it, I "opened my eye" in the lucid-dream world where I heard my brother call my name out to me. I turned to his voice and he raced past on some sort of transforming motorcycle/jetbike and slapped me a high five, and then suddenly I could shape the very ether of the dream to my own will too, and so we raced away on fractal-cycles into the sunset. The rest, of course, is in the histories.

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
i met him at the sensory deprivation tank

vs

i took a long shower drunk and thought about poo poo while steaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Hello. A fellow Morpheus-like entity here. My dream training began as a child, where, as it were - in order to confront a recurring nightmare - I self-identified as something more powerful than myself and then "psyched myself" into bringing that form with me into the dream-world. With my nightmare defeated, I would occupy myself by developing/imagining systems for shapeshifting my dream form as I went to sleep.

Later on, my older brother would have a "shared dream" with his two friends: they each remembered a dream from the night before where had fought each other in this huge dream-combat-simulation within a glass-domed city. Their story grabbed my interest and made me want to join them, and so later on that night I used my psych-out trick to try to "get in" to their dream in the same way- and it worked. I got in to the dream- the domed city was standing right before me, yes, only I was outside of it and there was no entrance. I walked the perimeter of the glass dome looking for a door or for signs of people, but all I could see inside was a ruined city shrouded in smoke: everyone inside was either long dead or engaged in the scattered few flashes of gunfire coming from deeper within the dome. Although I was disappointed at first when I woke up that morning, that's probably when I first started to realize that there was a bizarre temporal element to dreaming.

It was around this time that my younger brother was having a lot of nightmares as well, and so the three of us brothers would "camp out" in each others' rooms on each others' floors for a summer or two, and I remember it was around then that I began to (unknowingly, perhaps unintentionally) assist my younger brother in overcoming his nightmares, by joining him in the dream world and helping to guide him towards the dream-answers to his dream-problems. I sort of set my dream mode on to auto-assist and let it run by default.

Then puberty hit and I forgot about it all until I was moving out of home and found an old star-birth-chart a hippy-dippy friend's mom had printed out for me, a letter I'd written from myself to myself dated exactly eight years prior that said "PS see you in 8 years," and a silly little coffee table book on playful "brain tricks," with a simple how-to instructional page on lucid dreaming.

I read the part about training yourself to lucid dream, lay down headed north, closed my eyes, breathed slowly and built up a condensed energy bubble above my third eye. When I finally released it, I "opened my eye" in the lucid-dream world where I heard my brother call my name out to me. I turned to his voice and he raced past on some sort of transforming motorcycle/jetbike and slapped me a high five, and then suddenly I could shape the very ether of the dream to my own will too, and so we raced away on fractal-cycles into the sunset. The rest, of course, is in the histories.

Excellent. There is something reflected through dreams, not so much religious or eye rolling nausea, but closer to Alan watts interpretation that our minds do not exist within vacuum and hidden tombs, but their physical oscillations permeate some aspect of the physical realm that we cannot fully embrace quite yet

Also, congrats on your 1002 post

• Locked thread