Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Is it picky to exclusively eat (drink?) single serving cups of coffee creamer??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Celluloid Sam posted:

Has he been tested for being on the autism spectrum at all?

Nope. I had recommended to my mom to get him tested years ago, but she refused.

She fully believes he'll be fine because I turned out okay. Though when I was his age, I had lived away from home for 2 years, finished college and was living in an apartment with my boyfriend. I had also held a job.

I think my mom thinks it's best for my brother to live a life where he never has to do anything he doesn't want to. She had to do chores like milk cows when she was a kid, so she didn't want to impose chores on us when we were little, but now he's an adult and should get a job and help around the house if he isn't going to school.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

parakeith posted:

Is it picky to exclusively eat (drink?) single serving cups of coffee creamer??

No, it's just weird

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Nessa posted:

She fully believes he'll be fine because I turned out okay. Though when I was his age, I had lived away from home for 2 years, finished college and was living in an apartment with my boyfriend. I had also held a job.

I think my mom thinks it's best for my brother to live a life where he never has to do anything he doesn't want to. She had to do chores like milk cows when she was a kid, so she didn't want to impose chores on us when we were little, but now he's an adult and should get a job and help around the house if he isn't going to school.

sounds like my mum and it royally hosed me up lol. she's a nervous person who was forced to do a job she hated so she pretty much installed a no ambition/future mindset in me.

took me yeaaars to grow out of it after moving away with my boyfriend

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Nessa posted:

Judging by the genders, I'm assuming you're a woman here. I've heard anecdotally that girls are often held to a higher standard than boys in a similar setting, which is why it seems like its more often the boys that grow up to be basement-dwelling goonlords. Look at national statistics for college admission/graduation rates by gender.

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Hector Beerlioz posted:

No, it's just weird

You're lucky my pumpkin spice cream lunch put me in a good mood

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

parakeith posted:

You're lucky my pumpkin spice cream lunch put me in a good mood

Weird thing to eat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You know what? Death to America.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hey now, whoa

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Let's face it: why the heck not?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Communism is terrible but it's not nearly as bad as Right To Work.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

we're supposed to just let them die ? When you make America your enemy you should be ready to loose the little rights you had left. the strong rule, the weak obey

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Decebal posted:

they have sushi already packaged at Meijer ! support a local (unionized ) business please

Hey, I watched "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" and salivated the whole time, but lol if you think I'm gonna trust anyone in Ohio to serve me anything uncooked. And supermarket sushi just seems... Wrong. They got it at Whole Foods too, but gently caress if I'll try it.

There's a sushi place nearby and my brother-in-law and I have considered going but we always come to the same conclusion: Cincy Sushi is probably like most other Cincy culinary endeavors. Aside from Graeter's. I need to actually travel, because I watch Bizarre Foods and actually think a lot of the poo poo he eats looks tasty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Decebal posted:

we're supposed to just let them die ? When you make America your enemy you should be ready to loose the little rights you had left. the strong rule, the weak obey

From what I've seen, America is killing itself.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jerry Cotton posted:

Let's face it: why the heck not?

Don't tread on me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Don't tread on me

You won't feel it I only weigh 170 kg.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Decebal posted:

I get it when you don't like a particular taste in a food, but people who complain about the "texture" are the biggest pussies. Really ? texture is an impediment to your survival now ? jesus

I get it. My mom used to make yellow squash by boiling it to death until it had the consistency of snot. It didn't taste bad but any attempt to make it touch my mouth resulted in vomitting. I'm not even picky, I'll eat almost anything that is legit edible, but because of that god damned snot-yellow squash I at least understand texture hangups

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Nathilus posted:

I get it. My mom used to make yellow squash by boiling it to death until it had the consistency of snot. It didn't taste bad but any attempt to make it touch my mouth resulted in vomitting. I'm not even picky, I'll eat almost anything that is legit edible, but because of that god damned snot-yellow squash I at least understand texture hangups

So, do you have trouble eating pudding or yogurt now ?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Decebal posted:

So, do you have trouble eating pudding or yogurt now ?

No. I'm not picky in general. I haven't flat out refused to eat anything since I was like 10. Mom started making the squash al dente and everything became fine.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Stop being a picky eater and eat the surströmming

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Lutefisk ?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nessa posted:

My brother in law has pervasive developmental disability which is a fairly high functioning form of autism as far as I can tell, he squeals and does weird stuff but he's totally capable of speech and he loves video games and stuff, he's just definitely different. anyways he will only eat very specific things, plain hot dogs, plain chicken burgers, plain hamburgers etc.

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009
[quote="FIRST TIME" post="460048105"]
I bet this kid sure grows up to be somebody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo

I think he grew up to be that Chrisley knows best jerk on basic cable

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Count me in as one of the people with an irrational hate for picky eaters. I'd rather be in a social situation with a murderer than someone who doesn't like to try new things

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Celluloid Sam posted:

My brother in law has pervasive developmental disability which is a fairly high functioning form of autism as far as I can tell, he squeals and does weird stuff but he's totally capable of speech and he loves video games and stuff, he's just definitely different. anyways he will only eat very specific things, plain hot dogs, plain chicken burgers, plain hamburgers etc.

Ah, goonitits. (pronouned goony-tits)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Judging by the genders, I'm assuming you're a woman here. I've heard anecdotally that girls are often held to a higher standard than boys in a similar setting, which is why it seems like its more often the boys that grow up to be basement-dwelling goonlords. Look at national statistics for college admission/graduation rates by gender.

Perhaps, but I'm pretty sure my mom would have also let me live with her indefinitely after I graduated. She's the kind of woman who would do absolutely anything for her kids. She's the most generous person I know.

But I desperately wanted to get out of her hoarder house when I graduated. It's a very unpleasant place to be.

Celluloid Sam posted:

Yeah, sounds like my brother too. He doesn't squeal or anything, but he did growl like a dog at a cousin once for touching his video game case. He was like, 14.

My brother will occasionally eat French fries or those "smiles" things and I tried for years to get him to try mashed potatoes. He always refused.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

My ex's brother refused to eat vegetables growing up. He got scurvy three times

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
In my house you ate what mom made or you didn't eat. We also never had snack food so you'd go hungry pretty quick. Especially because I would spend my lunch money on cigarettes every day.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

My stepmother is a picky eater, and one of her favorite snacks is a mix of peanut butter, oil and Karo syrup. She will swirl it around on a plate and eat it with her fingers.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

AuntBuck posted:

My stepmother is a picky eater, and one of her favorite snacks is a mix of peanut butter, oil and Karo syrup. She will swirl it around on a plate and eat it with her fingers.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

AuntBuck posted:

:yikes:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

AuntBuck posted:

put her down

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

AuntBuck posted:

Jesus gently caress

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Decebal posted:

I get it when you don't like a particular taste in a food, but people who complain about the "texture" are the biggest pussies. Really ? texture is an impediment to your survival now ? jesus

What about biting into an apple and it turns out it's really soft and mealy?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gleebster posted:

What about biting into an apple and it turns out it's really soft and mealy?

mealy apples are great what a whiner

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My partner is not picky, but he will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and make a coffee mug full of peanut butter, whipped cream and maple syrup. Somehow he's not morbidly obese. Apparently it was something him and his dad would do when he was a kid: raid the fridge at midnight and just mix weird poo poo together.

My mom didn't do bad for what she worked with, but she believed all a good cook needed was salt and pepper and bacon grease. No fish and nothing with any sort of heat whatsoever. She used to tell me the crushed red pepper shaker at Pizza Hut would dissolve my stomach. Also no pasta ("it ain't got no chew"). I didn't have pasta until a teenager, and didn't develop any taste for heat until my late 20s.

She was a butcher when I was growing up, so at least we had really great steaks two or three times a week.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

criscodisco posted:

I can't imagine a food I wouldn't at least try, except maybe bugs. I don't care for fish, but I try it every time I see a preparation I haven't had, because I'd enjoy liking it.

My ex would only eat boxed Mac n Cheez and Arby's. He was a big baby and wouldn't even eat at family holidays with all the great food and then throw a fit because Arby's wasn't open on Christmas. Once we were meeting friends for dinner and when we got there be refused to go in because he claimed even seeing sushi would give him a panic attack. He just sat in the car smoking while we all ate. Another time he was drinking one of those bottled smoothies and saw the ingredients list and made me pull over because he saw mushrooms and had to pretend to vomit.

What a big pussy

A good friend of mine does this poo poo lmao, its chicken nuggets and plain cheeseburgers and pepperoni pizza/hotpockets or nothing.... if u wipe a drab of mayo on him he will pretend to throw up.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Fallows posted:

A good friend of mine does this poo poo lmao, its chicken nuggets and plain cheeseburgers and pepperoni pizza/hotpockets or nothing.... if u wipe a drab of mayo on him he will pretend to throw up.
kick him in the nuts for the thread please

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hey, I watched "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" and salivated the whole time, but lol if you think I'm gonna trust anyone in Ohio to serve me anything uncooked. And supermarket sushi just seems... Wrong. They got it at Whole Foods too, but gently caress if I'll try it.

There's actually pretty good sushi in Ohio. All sushi fish is frozen on the boat and thawed at the restaurant, so being near the ocean isn't important. A lot of Japanese people moved to Ohio after the Japanese internment and Columbus is actually one of the best Japanese food cities in the country. I don't know about anywhere in Cincy but I bet there's a good place somewhere, look around online!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah I've not been disappointed once since I moved to Columbus when I've gotten sushi here. There are a sizable handful of great places here.

Kroger sushi isn't terrible, as it's made that day and the majority of it is just veggies anyway, with the occasional tuna or crab roll.

• Locked thread