Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jebediah Kerman
Dec 30, 2008
don't declaw the poor kitties :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ArbitraryC posted:

Literally all of the people "Defending" declawing cats agree with that sentiment you retard. The reality is that plenty of irresponsible people let their cats breed and plenty of other irresponsible people adopt those kittens from their friends and friends of friends and by the time the cat has grown up and started messing with their furniture the prospects of future adoptions are incredibly bad so these people who shouldn't have cats in the first place but would be willing to keep taking care of them if they were declawed create a situation where the options are a: declaw the cat, b: shelter the cat until it gets euthanized, c: dump the cat in a box on the street. if you outlaw declawing you're just gonna get more b, and c, there are simply no good answers when it hits that point.

No vets want to declaw cats they just understand that when push comes to shove it's better to have a declawed cat with a home than the alternative.

I'd rather declaw a cat than read this post and I'm not a vet

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Don't declaw your cat. All it takes is living with one that wasn't declawed and you're like wow, we used to do hosed up things to your paws before. Don't even consider it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jebediah Kerman posted:

don't declaw the poor kitties :(

Why? It's not like they do it with a hacksaw or something. It's a very expensive surgical procedure done with anesthesia and everything

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

people that have pets are so WILD and WEIRD. shut the gently caress up wolf nuts

I meant just cats sorry i wasn't clear

It's possible to own a dog or fish without being mentally ill

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mange Mite posted:

Why? It's not like they do it with a hacksaw or something. It's a very expensive surgical procedure done with anesthesia and everything

Seriously its lame as hell man. I'm being very rarely serious here lol

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

its hosed up.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Ive still never heard a good reason to csre aboit any of this

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

its hosed up.

Why

Tell me why i should care

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

I meant just cats sorry i wasn't clear

It's possible to own a dog or fish without being mentally ill

oh ok. i have 3 cats but im crazy as a shithouse rat so i cant argue with you about that

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

Why

Tell me why i should care

its called empathy, dig around in your cracker jacks and see if you can find some

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

oh ok. i have 3 cats but im crazy as a shithouse rat so i cant argue with you about that

That's a lot imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Like is the cat not able to play piano anymore? What difference does it make it's a loving cat not picasso

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

its called empathy, dig around in your cracker jacks and see if you can find some

So i should feel bad about cutting the cat's nuts off and turning it into a fat lame pussy too?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I haven't declawed my cat and he's enclawed my furniture quite a bit, however, this is only anecdotal evidence PERIOD.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

So i should feel bad about cutting the cat's nuts off and turning it into a fat lame pussy too?

yeah but that is more necessary. declawing is frivolous cruelty. i cant convince you man, you either have empathy for animals or you dont.

most people dont. I know im in the minority on this.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

yeah but that is more necessary. declawing is frivolous cruelty. i cant convince you man, you either have empathy for animals or you dont.

How is it cruel?

And I bet the cat misses getting its gently caress on a lot more thsn its claws

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My cat ruined the door jambs in my old place. I have thought about declawing but can't go through with it. Stupid cat.

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

JiveHonky posted:

this

but further

the animals are just as human as you are and speak their own language

k8 didnt g et this when she was drugging and isolating claudette in a literal poo poo ridden cage and made the poor girls eyes fall out before getting put down

@ that point i just went all in on the aspd diagnosis

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Seriously people just trim their nails and bribe them its not hard and it saves you about $250.

Don't spend more money on cats than you have to. They don't even speak English.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

How is it cruel?

And I bet the cat misses getting its gently caress on a lot more thsn its claws

declawing is usually done to cats when they are older(unless i am mistaken). spaying/neutering is ideally done when they are kittens still. something has to be done for population control reasons, but having your cats paws mutilated because you want to protect your nice couch? its mean selfish nonsense. in my opinion.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Declawing a cat is a waste of money just like teeth whitening and anal bleaching.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

penis man posted:

this

but further

the animals are just as human as you are and speak their own language

k8 didnt g et this when she was drugging and isolating claudette in a literal poo poo ridden cage and made the poor girls eyes fall out before getting put down

@ that point i just went all in on the aspd diagnosis

:agreed: see this guy gets it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

declawing is usually done to cats when they are older(unless i am mistaken). spaying/neutering is ideally done when they are kittens still. something has to be done for population control reasons, but having your cats paws mutilated because you want to protect your nice couch? its mean selfish nonsense. in my opinion.

So it would be ok if we did it to kittens?

I mean i had my dick mutilated for cosmetic reasons as an infant and i really don't notice or care

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

amityville anus posted:

Declawing a cat is a waste of money just like teeth whitening and anal bleaching.
What about anal bleaching for your cat? Is that worth the money?

Mange Mite posted:

Imagine cutting the tips off all of your fingers, down to the first knuckle. This is basically what declawing your catte is.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

I mean i had my dick mutilated for cosmetic reasons as an infant and i really don't notice or care

no, but spaying and nuetering is less traumatic and not on par with declawing was my point.

did they trim your foreskin or did they lop a couple inches off your babydick?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JiveHonky posted:

no, but spaying and nuetering is less traumatic and not on par with declawing was my point.

did they trim your foreskin or did they lop a couple inches off your babydick?

I hardly think declawing is the same as cutting off your dick, dude. Youre just being silly now

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
lmao what kind of bitch human being doesn't want their cat bringing dead or dying tributes to them in the middle of the night

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
anyone wana throw darts at my beanbag?????

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robbie Fowler posted:

lmao what kind of bitch human being doesn't want their cat bringing dead or dying tributes to them in the middle of the night

I thought they csn still kill poo poo even without claws

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shaquin posted:

anyone wana throw darts at my beanbag?????

*raises paw*

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

Declawing cats isn't as directly necesary as preventing them from making more strays. It's mostly a convenience factor for the owners for a pretty big hit to quality of life for the cat itself, if all you're concerned about is your furniture then there are non surgical options like softpaws that are a bit more annoying for you to maintain but a lot better for the cat. I don't think declawing should be outlawed for reasons I've already mentioned itt but it's still something that should be frowned upon and avoided when possible. Declawing should be pretty much the last resort before abandonment, if you actually care about the cat and are willing to put in a bit of effort there are far better options available.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

I hardly think declawing is the same as cutting off your dick, dude. Youre just being silly now

its closer to what i said than what you said. either way i said before i cant convince you. im not an internet debater im a poo poster.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

I thought they csn still kill poo poo even without claws

i'd imagine it would be a lot harder if they can't skewer them with their claws.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

Declawing cats isn't as directly necesary as preventing them from making more strays. It's mostly a convenience factor for the owners for a pretty big hit to quality of life for the cat itself, if all you're concerned about is your furniture then there are non surgical options like softpaws that are a bit more annoying for you to maintain but a lot better for the cat. I don't think declawing should be outlawed for reasons I've already mentioned itt but it's still something that should be frowned upon and avoided when possible. Declawing should be pretty much the last resort before abandonment, if you actually care about the cat and are willing to put in a bit of effort there are far better options available.

What is quality of life for a cat exactly

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Hey gbs I'm in the waiting room to detooth my cat trip report later

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robbie Fowler posted:

i'd imagine it would be a lot harder if they can't skewer them with their claws.

I don't think that's how they do it though

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

What is quality of life for a cat exactly

nothing they are biological machines.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Like does it shorten thr csts life? Does it make them less attractive to other csts? Reduce their killing power? Give me something here

What do tHey just look less happy afterwards? Do they get depression because they feel inadequate as a car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

I don't think that's how they do it though

well they would use their claws to grab hold of them when pouncing ... they also use it to grab birds who swoop them? without claws, this cannot be done as the cat has not evolved thumbs yet therefore its dexterity minus claws is quite poor.

• Locked thread