Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Qvark posted:

How does cat climb without claws?

very carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

JiveHonky posted:

except people do get surgery to stop from reproducing, great point.......... NOT

Yeah, and women get their toe bones shaved down so they can wear smaller shoes.

gently caress cat claws.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

if you cant deal with a fully intact cat with their claws then you shouldnt havea cat, same goes for foreskins

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

Cats like me but tbh I dont like them, much more of a dog guy. When I was in highschool I worked in a vet hospital for a couple years which is why I thought it was laughable someone honestly thought vets would propose unnecessary surgeries for money of all things, as if they wouldn't have just gone into human medicine if that's what they're after. Vets get paid poo poo and there's basically no reason to become one outside of loving animals cause you'll literally be in your 40's and 50's still working off the debt from vet school unless you own your own practice.

Ugh

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Don't remove a cat's only means of defending itself.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

i would cut your toes off, op. you deserve worse, but we have to start somewhere.

same.

Also I don't like cats so declaw.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DoomLazer posted:

Pet ownership is slavery. Unless they are free to leave whenever they want I guess

The best are animals that aren't actually pets but they like to hang around anyway. There's this one Ibis that hangs out in our backyard maybe 4 days a week, he'll basically cover the entire yard moving like a lawnmower for 2 hours hunting grubs. We obviously can't get close enough to pet him but he's really chill otherwise.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Please do not de-claw your kitties :(

Mange Mite posted:

Like does it shorten thr csts life? Does it make them less attractive to other csts? Reduce their killing power? Give me something here

What do tHey just look less happy afterwards? Do they get depression because they feel inadequate as a car?

It can cause chronic nerve pain just like in an amputee and also it completely messes with their balance which means they can't climb/jump as easy which for a cat is life so they get stressed out and just don't get a cat if you can't be bothered to take care of it properly :(

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 19, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
My cat is really nice and sweet and maybe if your cat is clawing your furniture you should get some scratching posts and toys for it instead of letting it lose it's mind from boredom in your tiny apartment? Or trim the nails every few days?

Cats get a bad rap because idiots who think they require no love/effort buy them and then the cat is never socialized properly.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

can i get my cat breast implants?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

treasure bear posted:

can i get my cat breast implants?

yeah but you have to do all 8 so it's not weird

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

sorry i dont really mean it i just want to be on goons_txt so bad,..

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

I worked at a cat hospital and it was crazy. They cut their little fingers off with a big laser.

I can still smell the burning cat flesh.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Remove all cat legs at the base so you can have a cute furry slug creature

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

why declaw when you can just get kitten mittens???????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22O6Nmjt-mw

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
If you feel you need to declaw your cat then you should never have bought a cat in the first loving place. While your at it amputate your fingers to the first knuckle assholes!

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Yeah removing the claws is cruel but removing the uterus is a-ok, some real good logic there.

Like yeah, I wouldn't want my fingers cut off but I wouldn't want my balls cut off either.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao, how about, remove cat, insert dog

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

turbomoose posted:

Yeah removing the claws is cruel but removing the uterus is a-ok, some real good logic there.

Like yeah, I wouldn't want my fingers cut off but I wouldn't want my balls cut off either.

That's stupid.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

lmao how about remove pet, replace with MMORPG rofl toot boot

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Imo dont declaw cats because it makes loving with them a lot less of a damgerous game

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ein cooler Typ posted:

If I ruined my own furniture by scratching it up

then I wouldn't have a problem with it being legal to cut off the tips of my fingers and toes

cats are rear end in a top hat animals

That's a sign of poor character

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

A great third option is to outlaw cats. It would make my school day so much better not to have kids stink up my room with cat piss and have to deal with kids bullying them because they smell like cat piss.

PISSSSSSSSSSSSS

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Sometimes it's not just about furniture though. My cat was abusing me with her claws. :(

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
So trim them and or get toys for it. Don't teach your next cat your hands and feet are toys if you don't want it to swipe at them.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Roylicious posted:

So trim them and/or get toys for it. Don't teach your next cat your hands/feet are toys if you don't want it to swipe at them.

No you don't understand. She was feral. So it was either the claws or her. She's alive and can only do minimal damage to my person now.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

A great third option is to outlaw cats. It would make my school day so much better not to have kids stink up my room with cat piss and have to deal with kids bullying them because they smell like cat piss.

PISSSSSSSSSSSSS

rofl lmao nobody has said this yet! you are pretty wild man!

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
If it's an indoor cat yeah it's going to be declawed. It's not like they take a meat cleaver and whack them off. They put the animal under general anesthesia.

“As many as 50% of cat owners who declawed their cats would not have otherwise kept their cat.”

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

jlechem posted:

If it's an indoor cat yeah it's going to be declawed. It's not like they take a meat cleaver and whack them off. They put the animal under general anesthesia.

“As many as 50% of cat owners who declawed their cats would not have otherwise kept their cat.”

i have a statistic for you 100% of people are dumbasses

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
cats are poo poo tier pets anyways if you own a cat then you have a poo poo life you should probably just kill youself

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Kay well I'm not trying to be mean but why would you adopt a feral cat if you don't have the means to socialize it properly without de-clawing it?

Look alright there are some tiny circumstances in which de-clawing might be the way to go MAYBE but ugh.

jlechem posted:

So don't get a cat then. Amputated body parts can cause nerve pain well after the procedure and that doesn't address the huge quality of life detriment to a cat who can't properly balance/run/jump.

Or trim the nails every few days you lazy owners.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

cats are poo poo tier pets anyways if you own a cat then you have a poo poo life you should probably just kill youself

hurf to the durf my man

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
"50% of owners would not keep their pet if they had to properly care for it; this is a good argument to let people continue abusing animals."

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Roylicious posted:

Kay well I'm not trying to be mean but why would you adopt a feral cat if you don't have the means to socialize it properly without de-clawing it?

Because she was found in a basement abandoned at 2 weeks old and was going to die otherwise?

She's mostly socialized. And by that I mean that 99% of the time she's "normal." But that 1% of the time, I'd prefer not to be bleeding and mutilated.

Yes, I'd rather have a dog, but I love my Booger.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

psychokitty posted:

Because she was found in a basement abandoned at 2 weeks old and was going to die otherwise?

She's mostly socialized. And by that I mean that 99% of the time she's "normal." But that 1% of the time, I'd prefer not to be bleeding and mutilated.

Yes, I'd rather have a dog, but I love my Booger.

A 2 week old kitty can be socialized to not use their claws on people. She probably considered your hands as toys which is the biggest mistake people make. I assumed you were talking about an adult cat that had been living without human interaction for a long time. And again, what prevented you from just keeping her nails trim?

I clip my kitty's nails once every week or so and he dulls them on the scratching posts all around as well and he certainly can't mutilate me.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

JiveHonky posted:

hurf to the durf my man

cats don`t even like their owners, they do things like aw look it`s rubbing on me it loves me, when it really means that you`re just it`s property. I don't get cat owners, they're like reptile owners, the thing doesn't even like you it's a leach and annoyance why not at least get a dog that does like you or have a kid, which will probably hate you but contribute to society

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
My kitty follows me around and sits next to me purring on the couch when I watch TV and it is cute that's why you weirdos.

Also 'get a dog instead' is not a good option for people without a backyard for the dog to play in. If you get a dog in a small apartment, you suck.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Do it ironically posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

aminals

• Locked thread