Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm ready to work out with my zerk out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mountaineer posted:

Thief wouldn't be so bad, because at least you could put Artful Dodger on the berserkers.

Thief and berserker is awful in the early game, especially if you get bard or ranger for your third job. Byblos is nearly impossible with only thieves and berserkers unless you grind your rear end off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LemonAIDS posted:

How would you do omniscience with 4 berserkers

Why would you need to fight Omniscient if you had four berserkers?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

The worst part of the pyramid is that you sometimes can't run. Zephyrus! :argh:

This is why thief is secretly the best wind class.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1337JiveTurkey posted:

With a Monk, Blue Mage and a Knight in the party, my first instinct would be to give the Monk !Blue, the Blue Mage HP +30% and exploit the crap out of ???? with the Knight covering them.

You would need a ton of HP for that to do more damage than your other damage options, or even straight up attacking. The monk would be good for White Wind, though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd never give up the ability to run away even if the brave blade did 10 times as much damage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My favorite thing about almagest is that it's holy elemental. There's nothing in the vanilla game that lets you mitigate holy damage. They could have just made it non-elemental and it would work out just the same, but for whatever reason they didn't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

zolthorg posted:

its probably just to deal with something that came up in testing. maybe almagest could add instant death before or bone mail has decent mag evade. who knows. its definitely supposed to be a "go grind more" shutdown move

Only if you're doing a gimmick run like the fiesta. If you're just playing through the game casually, you can easily survive it with a shell effect, which multiple classes can provide.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Close enough.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bufuman posted:

Crap, what was the physical damage formula again? I need to grind until the next multiplier, apparently.

STR * LVL / 128 + 2, rounded down.

I got black mage, berserker, ranger, samurai. I'm actually disappointed with how easy this is going to be.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Learn to love the rod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Classtoise posted:

So the Enkibot says to "Grind up another point of M at level 8" for Karlabos as WHM.

What does that mean, exactly? I'm not arguing it (I DID get to level 8, and I more or less held A until I needed to cast Cure), but I'm curious what exactly the purpose is and where I can read up on this?

M is your attack multiplier. You can think of each M as an additional strike on each attack. For physical attacks, your M is equal to STR * LVL / 128 + 2, rounded down. White mages have 17 base strength, so you get a third M at level 8. Going from 2 to 3 M means that your damage gets increased by 50%, which is a pretty big deal.

e: also Enkibot is technically wrong - everyone except Lenna actually get their third M as white mages at level 7, since they get extra strength.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 12, 2016

• Locked thread