Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Someone clue me in when the secret command gets found :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So let's start the most important thing: brainstorming what we're gonna call Bartz.
"a goat"

...someone post the screenshot of that Gilgamesh line where someone else actually did this :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ciaphas posted:

I will do this because it made me laugh out loud but should it be capitalized as you say it or A Goat or A goat or
I believe it actually happened last year, I know I saw the screenshot. It was all lower case to make it "'tis no beast, just a goat!"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

StrangeAeon posted:

As for streaming? I've... never streamed before. I'm honestly not sure what it entails as far as hardware or software.
If you're emulating on a PC, you can just install OBS and do the whole thing for free.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Chaos Risk, the one true way to start the Fiesta. Yay preregistration finally being open.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Mine took two minutes, and his response was one of a batch of five. Bot might just be a little overloaded!

e: also you can check the roster of registered entrants on the site itself and see if you're on it!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Derra how did you so consistently down Omega? Most jobs can't even hurt him.
I would guess that he's not running Chaos? You can beat Omega with Bard, Beastmaster, Chemist, Time Mage (for the Quick-leak trick)... maybe some sort of incredibly buff conventional party with Rangers or something? Is there a Blue Mage trick I don't know about?

So that's 1/5 water crystal jobs, 2/5 fire, 1/4 earth, plus whatever I'm forgetting. Odds of whiffing on all three if you do some sort of normal boring run is 36% so there's definitely something I'm missing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

derra posted:

Black / Summon are also really powerful against Omega; with a bit of luck Black can burn him down really quickly (reflected Thundagas) and summon has Golem / Ramuh. White lets you stand and fight through his attack routine, to make things like Dancers, Knights or Dragoons successful. A few Rapid Fire Chicken Knives does indeed go a long way.
I knew Rapidfire chewed through him, but honestly I'd never tried to deal with him in more conventional thunder-based ways or heal through his stupid bullshit. I guess that's fair!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FeyerbrandX posted:

They called him Exodus in FFXII.
No loving way.

I even knew Zeromus was another summon and I never made that connection.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Pepper posted:

Speaking of Brave Blade...

:siren: I will donate 5 dollars, up to 25, for each person who gets Knight and beats the game with a fully powered Brave Blade.:siren:

Post a screenshot of the Brave Blade equipped in the thread when you beat Exdeath.
:fireman:

I hope five people here are insane, for charity, but it won't be me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lechtansi posted:

I have a habit of never running in FF games, so i have yet to do it in my warmup run. I went to go try it and i couldn't figure out how to do it. in the GBA version isn't it hold L + R? Thats not working on VBA.

Also, at this point in the game (about to fight world 2 exdeath), i'll probably have to take the brave blade because I don't want to grind through 150 battles and run from them to get the chicken knife up to par.
It is definitely hold L+R in the GBA version. I know this because the L button on my DS Lite is broken half the time unless I blow hard or scrub it with a toothbrush.

Also, if you didn't open the chest in the training hall with the Goblin inside it, you can use that to run away from encounters relatively quickly (and since you're emulating you could probably literally write an AHK script that hits A, then A again, then holds L+R for a while, then repeats)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Schwartzcough posted:

I've done this in the pyramid with one of the trapped chests on VBA, and it involved simply setting up "A" on auto-fire and putting a rubber band around the L&R buttons on the controller. Setting up scripts sounds way more complicated.
Well, that works too :shobon:

I just default to writing an AHK script so now I have several lying around that just send button presses with delays, so any new one is a copy/paste. It's a time investment thing!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

One, every FF5 romhack ever is based on the Japanese Super Famicom version, which means that almost all of them are in moonrunes and thus incomprehensible if you don't have a FAQ like, right there.
Why would anyone do this?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fister Roboto posted:

Only if you're doing a gimmick run like the fiesta. If you're just playing through the game casually, you can easily survive it with a shell effect, which multiple classes can provide.
Honestly, if you're playing through the game casually, you probably run away from a lot fewer encounters and Almagest might just be straight up survivable by letting it hit your face for ~2000 damage.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rogue Lemon posted:

So, bridge Gilgamesh is curbstomping my team of Black Mage X2 / Dancer / Mystic Knight. I've been having a lovely grind-free time, but Wind Slash is doing more damage than 3/4 of my lvl 17 party has HP.

I might have to break down and grind some.
He "only" has 6500 HP, and the first 4k are before he casts Haste/Protect/Shell. Maybe try cracking rods to burn him down if you have a couple extras? Since you don't have actual third-level spells yet. Alternative suggestions: Silence Blade to stop his buffs from ever getting cast, I don't know if that works on non-SFC versions but you could silence him on SFC, put the Ancient Sword on your MK and hit him with it to inflict Old so he hits less hard eventually.

That's all I got that doesn't involve grinding, sadly :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Second run: First job Berserker, again. Hope I get something that doesn't make me quadzerk Living Flame again. Or at least not Sandworm, like last time.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Hey Faris, how ya doin :wink:

...also where's Bartz

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Classtoise posted:

I'm guessing this was some X-Fight/Killer Bow shenanigans?
Can't be that, Rapid Fire makes procs not happen (which is why it does 0 damage with Harps, for instance).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FeyerbrandX posted:

I did them separately. I'll confirm tomorrow. because while I swear I saw the little popup notification saying Gilgabot logged #victory for processing, it didn't show up in the notification bar. So the other logs may be queued up, just Twitter being dumb.
Check your page on the player list on the FJF site proper!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I am hella PEEVED posted:

You only need like 1500HP to not eat a full wipe on the final boss, 750 with shell. Don't worry too much about HP grinding unless you are getting smashed and can't just summon your way to victory. If you are grinding to master everyone's jobs, I understand, I'm the same way, but I end up doing it in world 2 like an idiot.
Shell and three mass damage options, definitely shouldn't need to grind with that party.

(Two mass damage options if you hate !Catch, but Zeninage is as good as Summon on the non-mages.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Worth looking into the specific way to cheese one of the parts dead - you won't stumble into it by accident - if you don't mind spoilers.

• Locked thread