Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So my neighbor was (is?) playing music really loudly i think. It's totally silent in the apartment, save for the sound of my dogs overgrown nails clacking against the wood floors, but if I tune through the background hum of my sickass computer, I can hear the sound of music in the distance. I can't place the song, but it sounds like something a young person would like, like carnival music. I stood in the hallway cross-armed for a while as I listened to it and stared into the wall. Then I went outside to look in their windows from the sidewalk, and all of the lights are out, but I definitely hear the music. How long do I let it go on before going up and knocking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
sorry to break it to you but those noises are hallucinations, good luck with your broken brain

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

the music is making me angry. is not loud enough to wake the dog but loud enough to make me angry a valid complaint?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
you're not even sure if music is playing you're just nuts dude

try weed maybe? or maybe smoke less weed?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
stop being so schizoid and go over and ask for a beer perhaps

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Call the cops asap

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

eat your neighbor?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'm playing R.E.M. pretty loud. Am I your upstairs neighbor?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm trying to use some meditation techniques to clam my heartbeat, but I'm having a hard time revving it down

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm trying to use some meditation techniques to clam my heartbeat, but I'm having a hard time revving it down

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
play loud music and when he comes down to tel you to stop then you can tell him about his loud music

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Use your toes to plug your ears, they are better shaped than hands for this purpose

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

invite 2 guys over to put their dicks in your ears

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
You fight op. You go up there with a nicely oiled down bod and you prepare for the throwdown... and then come back here and describe it in as much detail as possible to me in a pm

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Unload an entire clip of ammo into your ceiling.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gonna order a pizza and have the pizza guy go up there and check before i dont tip him because i dont actually want the pizza

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Unload an entire clip of ammo into your ceiling.
unload an entire clip of ammo into your pelvic floor

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

gonna order a pizza and have the pizza guy go up there and check before i dont tip him because i dont actually want the pizza
alternatively, dress up as a pizza guy and deliver the pizza upstairs yourself

not only can you try to find the source of the sound, but you also have pizza!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

symbolic posted:

I dont have a pizza uniform though, I only have a Burger King polo that I wear for work.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

Your plan is okay but it has a major flaw; how does he get pizza if he doesn't order it?

Order a pizza, steal the pizza man's pizza, clothes, and identity, THEN check it out yourself.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

the music is making me angry. is not loud enough to wake the dog but loud enough to make me angry a valid complaint?

Don't think so much you're bound to get confused.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Your plan is okay but it has a major flaw; how does he get pizza if he doesn't order it?

Order a pizza, steal the pizza man's pizza, clothes, and identity, THEN check it out yourself.
ah, now it's perfect.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I dont have a pizza uniform though, I only have a Burger King polo that I wear for work.
get a Whopper meal, tell mr. neighbor that BK delivers now, and then clock him in the jaw

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

suck your dad's cock

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

basement jihadist posted:

suck your dad's cock

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
stick a microphone in your rear end and when your boyfriend comes up in there you'll know what your turds can hear

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
buy a house out in the woods and live there instead

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
do what I do, op

place a 1000 watt subwoofer on top of a tall bookcase and angle it so the speaker faces (and touches) the ceiling
then play a loop of a 27mHz sine wave to give your neighbor the impression that a semi-truck is idling in his living room
since the sound is omnidirectional he won't be able to tell where it's coming from
if you position yourself just right in your own apartment you can't hear it at all

this also works at night when the dumb neighbor refuses to use headphones after 10pm

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ghlbtsk posted:

do what I do, op

place a 1000 watt subwoofer on top of a tall bookcase and angle it so the speaker faces (and touches) the ceiling
then play a loop of a 27mHz sine wave to give your neighbor the impression that a semi-truck is idling in his living room
since the sound is omnidirectional he won't be able to tell where it's coming from
if you position yourself just right in your own apartment you can't hear it at all

this also works at night when the dumb neighbor refuses to use headphones after 10pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9bk_QLvc_c

This also works. warning, loud as gently caress.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
OP, please look up Caravan Palace for all your spooky carnival dance music needs. :hb:

Applewhite needs to watch the official animated video of ^^^that song if he hasn't already.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

have you tried knocking on your neighbor's door and asking him to turn it down like a normal perso......oh right you're a goon

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I had really loud upstairs neighbors on crack. Since they kept me up so much I learned their party/passout pattern; I had access to the breakerbox and shut off their power from 2 -7 am just so I could get some sleep.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SHUT THE gently caress UP MOM IM TRYING TO READ MY MANGAS

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0C3fFnmLvo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

im picturing a telltale heart scenario but instead it's an old fart who murders a neighbor that's some tool who listens to techno 24/7 and goes mad when the music keeps playing

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
have you tried burning the building down?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
my advice is live on the top floor, it seems to work for me real well

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I live in a building with a bunch of old people. They're persnickity about the rules and tidiness but they come down hard on anyone who tries to be noisy after hours. It's awesome.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I live in a building with a bunch of old people. They're persnickity about the rules and tidiness but they come down hard on anyone who tries to be noisy after hours. It's awesome.

your parents sound lame to me but if it suits ya

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

The dog can't hear it.....but you can.

Congrats on having carnival music playing in your head, skinning your neighbour might make it stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
snort a bunch of bath salts and listen to ghost bath at maximum volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVZ7TQtdkU

• Locked thread