Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

When I was a kid I was heavily into some crappy VHS tape my mom got called Scamper the Penguin

I don't actually remember any plot details from it so I looked it up and saw this on its Wikipedia article

quote:

The Adventures of Lolo the Penguin a film from 1987–1988 (it was originally released as a three-part serial) The Adventures of Small Penguin Lolo (original title, literal translation). The film was co-production between Japan and the Soviet Union.

:eyepop: My mom was feeding me secret commie propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

how u going to not post the version with both songs for the juxtaposition get this amateur poo poo out of my face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D26y7CQSHQ

i am king
May 19, 2016

by Shine

Enfield posted:

swiss family robinson was my jam

ya this makes sense to me too but i could have told u that if u had actually u know

SAT ON THE COUCH AND TALKED FIRST LIKE I ASKED SPECIFICALLY ABOUT IT DESPITE THE WEEK OF PLANNING BEFORE HAND

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am king posted:

ya this makes sense to me too but i could have told u that if u had actually u know

SAT ON THE COUCH AND TALKED FIRST LIKE I ASKED SPECIFICALLY ABOUT IT DESPITE THE WEEK OF PLANNING BEFORE HAND

Enfield fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 20, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i am king posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

how u going to not post the version with both songs for the juxtaposition get this amateur poo poo out of my face

Middle Gargoyle has a p strong Moe Szyslak vibe going on

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i am king
May 19, 2016

by Shine
y r u afraid if shes the dominant one and has demands (like no talk ONLY TELEPATHY SEX)

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

retweet and like when 2010s kids just don't understand

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

KIDS REACT the movie

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

because quas is a degenerate cripple and frollo is a righteous man beset by the deceitful gypsy

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Who the hell is Fyaed?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh man, I'm getting massive feels && recollections, like when Proust eats the bread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Oh man, I'm getting massive feels && recollections, like when Proust eats the bread

holy poo poo I think I saw this movie

why in the hell did I see this movie

e: false alarm, I actually just played this movie's SNES tie-in game it had for some reason

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

tumor looking batty posted:

i love whoopi goldfarb

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

It wasn't my life, but I watched Ernest Scared Stupid in like third grade it it is the only piece of media ever that has given me nightmares.

Same

E: the show A Haunting was my poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Know what movie I DID see as a kid

:hellyeah:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

the only movie i have ever walked out on at the theater (true story)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JiveHonky posted:

the only movie i have ever walked out on at the theater (true story)

You should have tried being 6 years old, that would have made it better

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L52ITehuoQ8

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

loquacius posted:

why am i completely unsurprised that it stars Rob Schneider

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

You should have tried being 6 years old, that would have made it better

good point

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh poo poo, this one too

I remember being sincerely disappointed that Surf Ninjas and Three Ninjas were not in fact parts of the same series and had no continuity between them

symbolic posted:

why am i completely unsurprised that it stars Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider, seen here levitating behind a surfboard wearing a turtleneck and holding a naginata as awkwardly as possible

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

so is skylark a man or what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fun fact, the kid who played Tum-Tum in Three Ninjas is named Chad Power

like, the name you'd make up for a guy who played a white ninja in a low-budget action movie in 1992 is his actual given name, and his part in the movie was the eight-year-old kid

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
When I was living with a Chinese family I saw some of the low-budget 3D animation they put in front of their daughter, which looks to be from the same studio as the OP, and it is bad. It's weird to me that 3D animation for TV is way worse than 2D. Even Jimmy Neutron had poo poo animation, and forget about model detail. sheesh.

triggered

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb75RjpvBIk

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Yes

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

When I was a kid I was heavily into some crappy VHS tape my mom got called Scamper the Penguin

I don't actually remember any plot details from it so I looked it up and saw this on its Wikipedia article

:eyepop: My mom was feeding me secret commie propaganda

not only secret commie propaganda but SECRET COMMUNIST ANIME which is definitely going in good_potential_usernames.txt

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

I was a weird kid.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Angela Morley rules👌.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

are any of us?

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

The other day i told my bf that me and him are like the scene in this movie where Arthur gets turned into a squirrel, and he scampers around flirtatiously with the girl squirrel.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bought wizards on a whim a few years ago and if i had seen it as a small child i probably would have cried

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i like that the ultimate magic ends up being a gun

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skylark posted:

the scene in this movie where Arthur gets turned into a squirrel, and he scampers around flirtatiously with the girl squirrel.

whoa that's actually kind of hosed up :stare:

The worst part of being turned into a squirrel would be being told later that while you were a squirrel you tried to nail another squirrel

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

loquacius posted:

whoa that's actually kind of hosed up :stare:

The worst part of being turned into a squirrel would be being told later that while you were a squirrel you tried to nail another squirrel

I'm pretty sure Arthur was fully conscious of his actions while he was in squirrel/fish/bird forms.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Anyway my bf hasnt seen the Sword and the Stone so he didn't know what i was talking about lol.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
saw this one recently, still holds up pretty well, imo

basically all the don bluth movies were good if i remember right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Enfield posted:

i bought wizards on a whim a few years ago and if i had seen it as a small child i probably would have cried

I almost did, the big build up to the ultimate show down between good and evil did not quite live up to the hype.

• Locked thread