Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

572,494,845 is my friend code. I have Vaan, and Terra right now on my team. Pulled them late tonight, so not much time to level up tonight. Will make progress tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I don't suppose there's some way to get a $5-10 iTunes gift card with a US payment option is there? I might as well grab the early bird offer.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Coliseum A fights are getting kinda tough now. Can't one-shot waves or bosses anymore, and they're starting to hit a lot harder. This is probably where you should start bringing in a healer.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The idea that Biggs and Wedge got teleported from FF6 to a mobile game is really amusing to me.
Also hey the FF1 princess was a random friend point draw, what a weird inclusion.
The generic Dragoon lady (Skaha) seems pretty good, she has Armor Break and does good damage.
The generic Thief though gets auto-potion, which has instantly relegated him from mediocre to trash for me. You're not wasting my items drat it. Also the game can't decide if his name is Eldin or Elton.

I'd like to know why exactly it's so hard to get Hardened Hides. You'd think animals would drop their fur more often but nooope, all they drop is ancient magic crystals and life force and god knows what. I just sold two entire stacks of Esper Crysts and Esper Shards cause it got that annoying.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I bit the bullet and side-loaded this, will I still get the launch bonuses that I signed up for on the pre-registration page?

Also, gently caress re-doing this to reroll.. If my first roll is absolute horseshit I'll do it one more time, but this is a long tutorial. Maybe its faster if I'm not reading everything.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 25, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rolled a second Sabin.

I also have the Dwarf King Giott, Shiki, Mizell, Kuja, Biggs and Wedge.

I don't know who to use!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

m.hache posted:

Rolled a second Sabin.

I also have the Dwarf King Giott, Shiki, Mizell, Kuja, Biggs and Wedge.

I don't know who to use!

Sabin is great right now a he gets the brawl trait which makes him do more damage without a weapon equipped and considering all the weapons we can get at this point are crap it helps him outdamage the rest of my team, also I like anyone with a "hit everyone" LB.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

socialsecurity posted:

Sabin is great right now a he gets the brawl trait which makes him do more damage without a weapon equipped and considering all the weapons we can get at this point are crap it helps him outdamage the rest of my team, also I like anyone with a "hit everyone" LB.

Oh, so if I equip knuckles on him he does less damage?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

m.hache posted:

Oh, so if I equip knuckles on him he does less damage?

Eventually, he gets the trait at like level 50-something.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

socialsecurity posted:

Eventually, he gets the trait at like level 50-something.

That makes sense. I didn't recall getting anything like that yet. I have another skill unlock at 37 then I can awaken him. Just gotta figure out where to farm the mats for his 4* awaken.

Also, any effective way to farm Iron Ore for this Kotesku quest? or is running Fulan Pass the only way.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, the drop rate on Deepsea Blooms sucks. Luckily I only need a few for Shadow.

Also got myself a 4* Cyan. Looks like he gets pretty buff, so that's nice.

m.hache posted:

Also, any effective way to farm Iron Ore for this Kotesku quest? or is running Fulan Pass the only way.

You can find one in the capital. There's a side path near the bard in the northeast part of town, runs behind the armor shop. The quest doesn't use the sword, which is nice, and it's a good weapon.

There's maps showing all the hidden items and quests on the kongbokpao wiki. Lots of useful stuff.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 25, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Good lord, Exdeath's limit break is Almagest and it can inflict pretty much every status. Since he's level 29 now I can also safely run the adv xp level when I bring another good caster (like a max lvl Vivi). For those annoying crystal enemies I can just gravity them for 3k damage and then double fira takes care of the rest while also killing anything that isn't a turtle. He also two-shot Siren with Thundaga at level 26. :getin:

Doing the Limit Break and Trust level grinding is going to suck but Exdeath's max trust reward is Holy so that'll be fun.

New Leaf posted:

I bit the bullet and side-loaded this, will I still get the launch bonuses that I signed up for on the pre-registration page?

Also, gently caress re-doing this to reroll.. If my first roll is absolute horseshit I'll do it one more time, but this is a long tutorial. Maybe its faster if I'm not reading everything.

I rerolled maybe 9-10 times total, mostly while watching TV or doing other things, and it was worth it because Exdeath is going to get me far more mileage than the handful of Sabins and Cyans or lovely generic Exvius characters I kept getting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got some dude named Anzelm. He's a red mage. I'm happy with him. I also got a 3-star Wedge and a 2-star alchemist person.

Should I use this Metal Cactuar right away or wait a bit? That would put someone WAY above everyone else in my party.

Edit: This game is really solid. I'm digging the hell out of it. Wish there was more like this on mobile.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 25, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anselm seems pretty flexible, especially if you got him at 4*. Removes debuffs, heals, rarely resisted attack magic, gets gravity. If I didn't have Krile, I'd probably be running him.

I honestly don't think it matters for the cactuar. I used my cactuar on Shadow and he's not that much higher level than everyone else. Plus we can get more this weekend.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So thanks for the 1000 friend tickets event, devs. I'll gladly take both Biggs and Wedge this morning in exchange for whatever it is you're bribing us for :allears:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What does cactaur do?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

m.hache posted:

That makes sense. I didn't recall getting anything like that yet. I have another skill unlock at 37 then I can awaken him. Just gotta figure out where to farm the mats for his 4* awaken.

Isn't that the one where you can just buy the sword from the weapons merchant and then talk to him to complete the quest?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else getting a bunch of errors all of a sudden? I was doing Exploration on the Woods area right at the beginning and I can't leave.. At the exit, it says "Area Cleared", then "Connecting", then "A connection error has occurred." Then the game stops responding and I crash to my home screen. Then just trying to open the game I got a few connection errors getting on Google Play. My internet is solid right now, and my phone is modern. Did this about a dozen times before I said gently caress it and finally had to "Give up", which is a really lame waste of energy. I'm afraid to go back in now.

Edit: Went back through.. no troubles this time. Previously I got 0 fights other than the boss, this one I got random encounters every few steps, so maybe the instance bugged out?

Regardless, it gave me enough points to roll again and I got a 3-star Terra. She's supposed to be pretty strong, right?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 25, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Anyone else getting a bunch of errors all of a sudden? I was doing Exploration on the Woods area right at the beginning and I can't leave.. At the exit, it says "Area Cleared", then "Connecting", then "A connection error has occurred." Then the game stops responding and I crash to my home screen. Then just trying to open the game I got a few connection errors getting on Google Play. My internet is solid right now, and my phone is modern. Did this about a dozen times before I said gently caress it and finally had to "Give up", which is a really lame waste of energy. I'm afraid to go back in now.

Edit: Went back through.. no troubles this time. Previously I got 0 fights other than the boss, this one I got random encounters every few steps, so maybe the instance bugged out?

Regardless, it gave me enough points to roll again and I got a 3-star Terra. She's supposed to be pretty strong, right?

She's good but you're gonna spend some time in order to get her to 5*.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

What does cactaur do?

The metal cactuars are unit XP fodder.

New Leaf posted:

Terra's solid and IIRC she's one of the 5 star units who gets a 6 star form not too long after those are added. Her 5 star form gets Firaga and Raise, and Raise is always nice to have.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Added a bunch of people from the thread. My code is 464,501,953, currently leading with a 4-star Bartz

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

If there isn't a friend spreadsheet we should probably make one. It's very handy for finding goon friends with leads you like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit?usp=sharing

Go hog wild. If people feel this needs to go into PGS let me know, and if people want to format it and make it prettier also go hog wild whatever.

And no, I didn't scour the thread and add everyone because :effort: so add yourselves :v:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

WebDO posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit?usp=sharing

Go hog wild. If people feel this needs to go into PGS let me know, and if people want to format it and make it prettier also go hog wild whatever.

And no, I didn't scour the thread and add everyone because :effort: so add yourselves :v:

Added the list to the OP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I forget if the Hill Gigas enemies in the arena count for the one quest to kill 3 of them (IIRC they do) but farming them in the castle is horrible because their spawn rate is terrible.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Yes.

New Leaf posted:

You can skip over that. There's a Pause Icon in the top right corner. Tap it, and it'll give you a Skip option on the top left corner.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are the main two dudes worth leaving in the party? I have other 3's I wouldn't mind trying out at some point but don't know if i want to bump them out just yet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, they both go all the way to 5* and learn a pretty broad selection of abilities, Rain especially. I really don't know. I think it depends on what you're doing. More dedicated attackers, mages, healers, and tanks will probably always be better, but they seem like they can fill a 5th spot.

Oh yeah, an Edgar's victory animation is amazing. He just leans back on his sword and flips a coin. :allears:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Well, they both go all the way to 5* and learn a pretty broad selection of abilities, Rain especially. I really don't know. I think it depends on what you're doing. More dedicated attackers, mages, healers, and tanks will probably always be better, but they seem like they can fill a 5th spot.

Oh yeah, an Edgar's victory animation is amazing. He just leans back on his sword and flips a coin. :allears:

How about the female main that we get after things open up? I'm basically tolerating Lasswell currently but I'll happily throw his rear end to the curb with Rain if she's decent.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

LornMarkus posted:

How about the female main that we get after things open up? I'm basically tolerating Lasswell currently but I'll happily throw his rear end to the curb with Rain if she's decent.

Fina looks like the white magiest white mage to ever swing a staff. All the cure spells, all the debuff removal spells, protect, shell, some offensive white magic. Seems decent enough if you don't have a better healer. Most characters can carry some white magic and most red mages learn Cura.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Fina looks like the white magiest white mage to ever swing a staff. All the cure spells, all the debuff removal spells, protect, shell, some offensive white magic. Seems decent enough if you don't have a better healer. Most characters can carry some white magic and most red mages learn Cura.

Figures. Oh well, I'll have her either way if I feel like Krile isn't cutting it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Fina's basically gonna be your default white mage character if you don't pull one from the gatcha. Lasswell gets really high ATK while Rain gets some utility stuff. Feel free to take them out of your party if you feel like you have better units. Note that Lasswell and Rain can both hit 5* right now so their stats will kinda compensate for their limited skill selection.

On another note, if you're having trouble finding all 25 quests in the game right now, here's a handy guide: http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/grandshelt-isles-town/

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I feel like Krile will be keeping up pretty well. Her natural Mind is only a bit lower than Fina and her (apparent) eventual 5* awakening gets Curaja (and Aeroga). She's also lugging Thundara, which is super useful. Lots of stuff weak to lightning. Also gets Doublecast. Really hard to complain about that mix.

Got Shadow awakened to 4*. Probably not the best choice, but 3*->4*'s not too bad. A day of the awakening daily is enough to do a character or two's worth of stuff. Just got to Colloseum rank C, so more of it's stealable, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 26, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I feel like Krile will be keeping up pretty well. He natural Mind is only a bit lower than Fina and her (apparent) eventual 5* awakening gets Curaja (and Aeroga). She's also lugging Thundara, which is super useful. Lots of stuff weak to lightning. Also gets Doublecast. Really hard to complain about that mix.

Excellent, she was always a favorite from FF5 so I'm glad to hear she's a good unit here.

Eddain posted:

Fina's basically gonna be your default white mage character if you don't pull one from the gatcha. Lasswell gets really high ATK while Rain gets some utility stuff. Feel free to take them out of your party if you feel like you have better units. Note that Lasswell and Rain can both hit 5* right now so their stats will kinda compensate for their limited skill selection.

On another note, if you're having trouble finding all 25 quests in the game right now, here's a handy guide: http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/grandshelt-isles-town/

Yup, I'm using Lasswell right now and just advanced him to 3* but we'll see if he does stick around, cause right now the rest of my party is a soon to be 4* Shadow, 3* Biggs, a 3* Vivi and a 3* Krile. From what I've seen of your Vivi he alone will make my party pretty awesome once I get him up there so overall I'm feeling pretty good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'd just like to say that holy poo poo some dudes have crazy exp curves. Garland takes like 2x as much exp to get a level as everyone else.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I'd just like to say that holy poo poo some dudes have crazy exp curves. Garland takes like 2x as much exp to get a level as everyone else.

The character's XP requirements are based on whether it has a 2-5 star cap. It''s the same as Brave Frontier if you've played that before. Basically anything from the gacha will use the Base 21 xp requirements.
http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/experience-table/

Level 80's only 1.1 million, have fun farming metal cactuars.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

The character's XP requirements are based on whether it has a 2-5 star cap. It''s the same as Brave Frontier if you've played that before. Basically anything from the gacha will use the Base 21 xp requirements.
http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/experience-table/

Level 80's only 1.1 million, have fun farming metal cactuars.

:psyboom:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

It's not that bad, unit EXP is pretty poo poo now cause we're still stuck on the first island. Plus they'll have special events where metal cactaur are included in friend summons for a few days.

The most efficient EXP/energy for unit leveling is spamming the highest level exploration dungeon and grinding out battles until you stop getting them (around 20-25 fights). It takes a while but it's better EXP than running ADV Experience.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Opinions on Rydia vs Vivi as a primary caster? Both are 3-star. Right now I'm running the main 2 dudes, Anzelm (my only 4-star), Vivi, and Terra (both at 3-star). Rydia just looks interesting.. Bio, the Esper bonus..

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Public Service Announcement: You can't go over your energy cap. So if you see your free 30 Energy in your mailbox today, make sure your Energy bar is empty before redeeming it.

Wasted that bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I thought in the tutorial they specifically told you you could go over that cap.. I did the same thing, but luckily since I'm at work I had done a couple EXP runs in the void portal thing to work up a new character and was 3/20.

• Locked thread