Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Really wish I'd gotten Vaan or Zidane instead of Maria and Penelo. The friend summon thief gets the job done but my god he's so weak and auto-potion is annoying.

I have two vaans. They are sweet. If one can't steal the second can. They are Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna post these steal/drop charts that I've seen on reddit and elsewhere:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12eGhnu9KNYOtEh7e7y2hWLwwFj4bFaT0XM5pJlu596w/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ov4KXN6tzm0E5W-dAqJ_BspV-rNhytze7x6ghneMTDY/edit#gid=0

Really wish I'd gotten Vaan or Zidane instead of Maria and Penelo. The friend summon thief gets the job done but my god he's so weak and auto-potion is annoying.

Xiao is pretty nice so far. She's level 9 and with gear (except a weapon because Unarmed and armor because I need 1 more spellsilk) she's pushing 100atk.

It can be a bit of a pain to setup. It uses virtual machines to run the devices so you can tinker with those settings to make your 'phone' have a lot more RAM if an app's running like poo poo, for example. (I did this for Brave Frontier)

He punches stuff, and eventually gets a passive that makes him do more damage when unarmed but it's when he's level 56. Explosive fist/chakra/aura cannon are given at lower levels and are useful though. He's still only a 4 star unit when maxxed though which is by far his biggest drawback.

Spellsilk is pretty common from the wasp things in the forest exploration, if you need it.

Also, there's a second friend summon thief, Paul from FF2. He's the 2/3* one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 26, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: ^^ forgot about Paul since I didn't get him yet. Ended up getting 3 silk in my forest exploration run right after my post which was nice.

HGH posted:

There has to be a place or monster for Iron Ore those tables haven't accounted for, no way it's completely absent.

It's not, I have 2 iron ore but I have no idea where I got them.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 27, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I got 3* Leo. Is he decent?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dragongem posted:

I got 3* Leo. Is he decent?

Looks like he'll 6* so I'd say probably decent.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: ^^ forgot about Paul since I didn't get him yet. Ended up getting 3 silk in my forest exploration run right after my post which was nice.

It's not, I have 2 iron ore but I have no idea where I got them.

I've heard resource gathering in Fulan Pass can drop them occasionally.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Question for those of you playing this on android, does the apk let you run it through the Amazon app store as well or is it all through google play and directly installing it that way while also having you use whatever google play account you have?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Question for those of you playing this on android, does the apk let you run it through the Amazon app store as well or is it all through google play and directly installing it that way while also having you use whatever google play account you have?

I just downloaded the APK from a third party site. You can't use google play to install it unless you have your device set to that country.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Well, that's annoying.

I've tried to do some rerolling. I'm playing on Bluestack. I started the game, linked it to my main facebook account, play along for a while, I get some OK Draws. I still wanted to do some rerolls. SO! Following Kheldarn's guide, I create a dummy Facebook account, logs on it in Bluestacks, do the tutorial, don't get what I want, log out inside the menu, get thrown back to the main screen, redo the tutorial and repeat for a while.

Now, I got a great roll, or at least a good one enough in the shape of Roselia that I am done with this. It also helps I got some 3*s from the regular friend Draws. Now, I log out of Facebook Dummy account, logs into my main one, and it asks me to Synch Data with the existing game data to this device -- which basically means I'm gonna erase my kickass rolls.

Did I, uh, missed a step? It seems to me I needed to clear my original Main account's data, first.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Well, that's annoying.

I've tried to do some rerolling. I'm playing on Bluestack. I started the game, linked it to my main facebook account, play along for a while, I get some OK Draws. I still wanted to do some rerolls. SO! Following Kheldarn's guide, I create a dummy Facebook account, logs on it in Bluestacks, do the tutorial, don't get what I want, log out inside the menu, get thrown back to the main screen, redo the tutorial and repeat for a while.

Now, I got a great roll, or at least a good one enough in the shape of Roselia that I am done with this. It also helps I got some 3*s from the regular friend Draws. Now, I log out of Facebook Dummy account, logs into my main one, and it asks me to Synch Data with the existing game data to this device -- which basically means I'm gonna erase my kickass rolls.

Did I, uh, missed a step? It seems to me I needed to clear my original Main account's data, first.

You shouldn't have linked to your main facebook account until you had a roll you liked.

Play tutorial, if you get a poo poo roll, link to fake facebook, then log out of that via the options menu, play tutorial again. If it's another poo poo roll, link to fake facebook again (it will overwrite your current roll with your #1 poo poo roll). Then log out and repeat. Main facebook link only happens once you finally get a good roll.

On another note, I just cleared a couple friend slots, I'm on the google sheet.

For those of you who haven't, you should try to put something SA/Goon related in your memo so we know who to clear, who not to clear :)

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Gerdalti posted:

You shouldn't have linked to your main facebook account until you had a roll you liked.

Play tutorial, if you get a poo poo roll, link to fake facebook, then log out of that via the options menu, play tutorial again. If it's another poo poo roll, link to fake facebook again (it will overwrite your current roll with your #1 poo poo roll). Then log out and repeat. Main facebook link only happens once you finally get a good roll.

On another note, I just cleared a couple friend slots, I'm on the google sheet.

For those of you who haven't, you should try to put something SA/Goon related in your memo so we know who to clear, who not to clear :)

Well, drat. Fortunately, I can probably just... make another 'main' facebook account. It's not like I EVER used any facebook things, at all, before this. Well, considering my 'main' facebook account was already kind of a dummy thing I use to sign up to promotions, this ain't too hard to just... divert things around, erase it and make it anew.

Thanks for the clarification!

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 27, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Well I think I've hit a roadblock on Coliseum A-3 boss fight. He has an AOE Blind move and physically attacks multiple times per turn, sometimes 3-5 times on a single target. My 2* Anastasis healer definitely can't survive something like that without some luck, and even Vivi Dualcasting Comet barely tickles the guy. I might have to bring in someone with Analyze to see what weaknesses he has, then hopefully try to Paralyze/Sleep/Poison/Blind him.

edit: So he's not resistant to anything besides Petrify, but when he breaks out of Sleep/Paralyze he basically one shots anyone I have. My equipment is just too low level.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 27, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

It can be a bit of a pain to setup. It uses virtual machines to run the devices so you can tinker with those settings to make your 'phone' have a lot more RAM if an app's running like poo poo, for example. (I did this for Brave Frontier)

Any chance you could give me a brief rundown on how to set it up to run .apk files? Apologies if this is too much of a derail.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Roselia field report: Okay, I think I did well so far to KEEP her, she can just... mass heal everyone and have tons of other healing abilities going on for her. I have no idea how viable she is on the end game, but I am nowhere near that for that to matter. Or neither is anyway, for that matter.

Can she be upgraded to 6* later?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Supports are almost never a good starting role in games like this. You want something like a tank or solid dps that can power through content. Not a support that will grind through stuff slowly. If you get a strong attacker as your early role, a mediocre support will suffice.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Got Cecil, guess I'm playing this :S

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FFBE has been soft launched in Philippines.

So, when it comes to Energy Overflow, here's how it works:

If you have full Energy, it will overflow, but if your Energy isn't full, it won't (the extra energy you would get WILL be wasted).

And you might want to consider saving that Energy for the Cactuar Event.

Also, the Energy Compensation has to be claimed within the next 4 days or it will disappear from your Inbox, so make sure you claim it before June 1st!

Finally, when picking skills from Siren and Ifrit, this is what you want to do:
Siren: Get Cure, Silence, Blind, Dispel, and DeShell.
Ifrit: Get the Slayer skils (Bird Slayer, etc) and Explosive Fist.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I kind of expected the Cactuar event to be a pain in the rear end. Turns out it's pretty easy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's a good, painless but fruitful Dungeon map to farm for the Daily? I don't really know what I need anymore.

Also, am I supposed to pick up the girl somewhere in the port town? I still have a quest marker there even though I have Ifrit now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HGH posted:

There has to be a place or monster for Iron Ore those tables haven't accounted for, no way it's completely absent.

It turns out that the answer was in my first post:

Kheldarn posted:

• The Great Sword Recipe, and a few others, call for Iron Ore - we can't farm it anywhere but the Materials Vortex. INT/ADV only - the Beginner portion will not award Iron Ore.

Vortex Grinding, HOOOOO!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wonder when you actually start getting enough energy to do more than a handful of runs.

Thoughts on who I should awaken next? I have Kain and Edgar ready to go. I mean, I'm short 2 levels and one evo material each, so it's kind of a moot point at this very moment, but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts. I know Kain gets huge at 5* eventually and Edgar gets some good utility stuff. I was thinking about swapping Kain for Sabin, though.

Also pulled a Biggs this morning, so I'll be awakening him, too, but he's not competing for resources.

Kind of a shame there's no linking or synergy buffs, that's my favorite part of Dokkan Battle, building teams that work certain ways together. Adding that on top of abilities might be too much to consider, but I kind of want my FF6 guys to work better together. Then again, record synergy is one of the parts I like the least in Record Keeper, so I guess it's a wash.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 27, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do I unlock the volcano? I've done everything in Port Lodin, and I have a quest to kill bombs there in the volcano, but there's no stage that's unlockable there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Any idea where to find Spellsilk? A Reddit list said the forest but I've run the gather nodes 5 times and came up empty. I have one on me but I had it before I started my search.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

What's a good, painless but fruitful Dungeon map to farm for the Daily? I don't really know what I need anymore.

Also, am I supposed to pick up the girl somewhere in the port town? I still have a quest marker there even though I have Ifrit now.

Killing Ifrit counts as a dungeon. I found this out yesterday.

If you want it to be quick, do that. If you want a good payoff, Fulan Pass.

As for the quest in Port Town, that's the end of the Beta. Next half won't unlock until release.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zotix posted:

How do I unlock the volcano? I've done everything in Port Lodin, and I have a quest to kill bombs there in the volcano, but there's no stage that's unlockable there.

Talk to the kid in the port town once you get to the island, it opens the volcano area.

New Leaf posted:

Any idea where to find Spellsilk? A Reddit list said the forest but I've run the gather nodes 5 times and came up empty. I have one on me but I had it before I started my search.

It drops off of the wasps in the woods exploration. Just run around for a while and you'll get plenty.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Exdeath is already lvl 56 (started at 40) and Xiao went from 11 to 28. Going to farm this all weekend and with any luck, take Maria to max level, Xiao to 40 or so, Exdeath to 60 and then stockpile a few (dozen) gigantaurs for Exdeath so that once I finally get his evo mats I'll be able to get him back in to the 40s. Kinda late to mention it now but if you haven't finished and turned in your dailies yet, you can save them to do so to tactically refill your stamina for cactuar farming. It can get you an extra run or two of the adv (uncharted) level which is going to be handy for most people. First run gave me 3 gigantaurs and the next gave me 2 and a regular cactuar. :dance:

New Leaf posted:

Exploration? Might as well do Kulan Pass for the most xp and potentially better mats from collecting/stealing unless you need specific drops from another area.

Story dungeon? Catacombs exit (where you fight not-Octomon) is the best xp:stam I believe.

New Leaf posted:

It's from the hornets in the area. Do exploration, bring a thief (or multiple thieves) and steal from all the bees since you can potentially steal one and get another as a drop afterwards. Also shortly after making Xiao a gi I got an earth key that gave me a second one I have no use for. :downs:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I threw out a bunch of mats because I had 90 of them. I just assumed they were so common I could get them again.

Now that my characters are all maxed out I need Beast Meat x 60 and I threw it all away :cry:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I suggest buying an extra 10-15 material slots early on because you're going to need them. In Brave Frontier I have over 400 item slots (though gear and consumables aren't their own separate thing like in this) and this game has doubled down on the "have 3986238467329 materials" thing. It's better to have a couple extra slots than to sell a few stacks of items you find out you need dozens of a couple days later.

If I could actually get the early bird package I'd probably bump my material storage to 100 just so I could not worry about it for a while.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

YMMV, but I have my Google Play payments tied to my Paypal account and I've been able to make purchases just fine.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

New Leaf posted:

YMMV, but I have my Google Play payments tied to my Paypal account and I've been able to make purchases just fine.

I play on an iPhone. I might try getting this to run on Genymotion or something else later Google Play doesn't care about location like iOS does I guess?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

I play on an iPhone. I might try getting this to run on Genymotion or something else later Google Play doesn't care about location like iOS does I guess?

You know, I figured I'll play this enough so I went to get the early bird package and it's not live anymore from what I can see :(

Eddain
May 6, 2007

m.hache posted:

I threw out a bunch of mats because I had 90 of them. I just assumed they were so common I could get them again.

Now that my characters are all maxed out I need Beast Meat x 60 and I threw it all away :cry:

If you have some spare gil the towns after Mitra sell Beast Meat for 200 each.

Also, if you have nothing better to run, Dalnakya Caverns Exploration has the best chances of dropping magicite and blue magicite.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Zotix posted:

Supports are almost never a good starting role in games like this. You want something like a tank or solid dps that can power through content. Not a support that will grind through stuff slowly. If you get a strong attacker as your early role, a mediocre support will suffice.

I can see where you are getting at with that, I kinda wish I had more raw firepower going, but I THINK I am not doing too badly here.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

m.hache posted:

You know, I figured I'll play this enough so I went to get the early bird package and it's not live anymore from what I can see :(

It is only for the first 3 days after you create an account. Paypal or having google play credit seems to be the only way to buy it outside of living in the launch areas, but if you are on IOS you can use an emulator to buy it, but it is very important that you do not take the crystals out of your mailbox until you log back in on your ios device, crystals that are out of your mailbox become bound to the OS that you bought them on.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
drat.

Well hopefully there is a release bundle I can scoop up.

Also, I have like 50k Gil so I'll buy up some Beast Meat!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How you get 50k gil? Holy poo poo.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

How you get 50k gil? Holy poo poo.

Sorry couldn't read. I had 24k Gil.

Got most of it from selling 99 stacks of Beast Meat :suicide:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm not in Sweeden and I've been buying Lapis just fine. It's just priced in Yen. Price actually went down yesterday, which was nice.

You can also get Spellsilk off of spiders in Dalnakya Cavern.

Any of the early locked chests worth buying a key for? I could see Silence/Silence Blade being handy.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 27, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dunno how you guys feel about adding random people, but this is apparently a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rP9vVOwJSk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The most I've had is 40k gil but I'm blowing through that pretty quickly leveling dudes up. Garland takes so drat much exp but he'll be mid 40's 5* by the end of this I figure.

I've been holding all my Lapis up so I can eventually do an 11 pull when they do a character rate up sometime in the future.

• Locked thread