Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well the Mahadeva sure was a bit more of a fight than I was expecting. Poison really is the best as an "Oh poo poo" button, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Even if you have a bad roll, is the later content still do-able?

I'm nearly done with the second island with a party of Cyan/Rain/Lasswell/Fran/Fran, so yes. This included killing the optional challenge boss.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

My god the Dragon boss of S-5 Int is terrible. He can two shot Fina and Roselia with physical attacks even when Power Break and Cheer (or protect) are in effect. Need to get some high success rate blind abilities to have any sort of hope (and maybe blade bash though it's rate sucks).

Vaan, Firion, Lasswell(or Kain), Vivi, Krile.

Would a Mirage Vest armour for Fina help you? It gives the equipped character a 12 MP Mirror Image ability that allows it to dodge 2 attacks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You probably want to craft at least 10 of each category to quickly unlock those respective trophies and make your life easier on getting the Hero's Ring blueprint, but there's no real rush.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You get completion for that quest from any story mission, including ones already done.

So you can just run Earth Shrine Entrance 3 times to finish it for 3 stamina.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Rafza posted:

holy moly chizuru outranks exdeath?

e: oh god her 5* skills are amazing, +20% to atk/def for 3 turns, passive limit crystal bonus, and a 3.2x multiplier multihit move

She also has the highest base ATK in the list of current characters on top of her Trust which is +50% more ATK with Katanas.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
No Hero's Rings? Boo!

Though honestly, that looks ridiculous.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Threw 7 pulls at it. No Kefka or Chizuru, but...Exdeath, Bartz, & 2x Golbez.

Okay then.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shoenin posted:

are people pulling with lapis or buying the 11 tickets?

I did 2000 lapis and 3 tickets, so both.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Did 5 pulls today, got Golbez, Kefka, Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru and a 5 star Vaan.

Buy a lottery ticket, christ.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

widespread posted:

It's kinda funny to think of it as crapping out when you pull Lightning. Because it's not if, but when.

That being said, I doubt she's gonna be great like in Record Keeper... Right?

At max level 6* she learns Dual-Wield innately. She also learns 4 different elemental aoe physical attacks for type coverage, on top of +30% ATK passive, and the ability to both Counter & Negate physical attacks. And she has Auto-Refresh to passively regen mana.

And for whatever reason, she learns Cura.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Always do your 3 pips of Colosseum, since it's pretty simple at first, and you get rewards for each set of 10 rounds cleared. They refresh 1 pip/hour, but they also completely refresh when you rank up, so for efficiency's sake if you're about to rank up, you should probably hop in the Colosseum first.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I think my materials storage stopped increasing at around 72 unique single stacks of items, so if you're not keeping multiple stacks around (and I don't see why you would), 75-80 storage is likely what you should aim for.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well that was disappointing. First Hero Ring came out of the forge, equipped it on my 260 ATK Cyan...and his ATK went down. I guess the +10% doesn't give that much more of an impact if you already have +30% ATK on him through passives and the Hero Ring is replacing a Hyper Wrist, which is probably getting boosted more since it's providing a flat ATK bonus.

Oh well, Exdeath has a shiny new Hero Ring.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Gooch181 posted:

Do physical abilities like Lasswell's "Tranquility" and Fina's "Aim" have the same synergy with standard physical attacks as if they were also auto-attacking?

I'm not sure what you mean by synergy, but those abilities are basically physical attacks with a modifier. In those specific cases, they are a 1.2x physical attack. For something like Raging Fist it's 1.2x+Ignore 25% DEF, and so on.

They generally have higher damage (or effects in the case of the physical blades) than an auto-attack, but don't generate LB charge.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Newest JP update has Warrior of Light and Garland both getting 6* upgrades. Woo to future-proof Garland.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Demon Chimera down on the third try (first two tries had him Blizzard AOE the party the instant Barblizzara came down, the fucker).

Party ended up being Cyan/Exdeath/Bartz/Fina/Krile. Bartz was still 4*, so no Barrage, and Fina was still 4*, so no Cheer. Krile and Cyan were maxed, and Exdeath was 5*, mid 50s. Exdeath was in charge of Barthundara, LB building through melee, and spot heals with Cure; Fina was Barblizzara and healing; Krile was healing her rear end off, keeping Barfira up, and occasional damage when I only needed to cast 1 Cura from her instead of 2. Bartz kept Mental Break on lock and kept Entrusting his LB over to Cyan, while Cyan was my main damage dealer.

Once he stopped doing his elemental AOEs (I think that happened after the first Venom Breath?), it became much more manageable, as I wasn't panicking any more to make sure that none of the Bar- spells fell off.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
1000 lapis worth of runs (25-30) got me around 50 Giant Cactuars and enough fodder for Bartz to go from max 4* > max 5*, add five levels to Exdeath, max Fina to 5* from mid 30s, and get 2 Golbezs to 4*.

Only downside to this event is I'm down 100,000 gold.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Is there a chart or something on roughly how many cactuars it takes to max the different star level characters? I don't want to waste them since I can only reliably get like 1.5 mega per hour or so with my low amount of energy. I briefly checked the wiki but I couldn't find anything obvious.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Experience_Chart

You're going to need to find what growth pattern column your particular unit follows by looking at their info page, and then just follow it down the list to find out how much total XP it takes for level breakpoints.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The TM grinding isn't the intended method of obtaining them anyway, just something dedicated players are doing in advance of us receiving Trust Moogles.

Trilin posted:

While still basically true, from what I've seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emw6KJHwXvI
...that last 1% is going to be out of reach of all but the biggest whales.

My favourite part of this video is that he scrapes through the entire thing, at times barely hanging on, and at the end of it all...he still has 3 stars he could have obtained for improvement in the future.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, for healing I'd run Krile. Fina's around because she has Cheer, but when I want to top everyone off it's Krile I'm looking at to pump out healing.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You have the second one equipped with Golem.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just give my physical attackers Hyper Wrists, my Exdeath and Krile Hero's Rings, and Fina's stuck with Cat's Bell and another MP raising accessory since I only care about her putting up Cheer and Healing.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there any napkin math out there on which is better, a doublecast -ra or a single -ga? I'm assuming the former (since it costs more MP after all).

-ra multiplier is 1.4x, while -ga multiplier is 1.8x so you'd want to doublecast the -ras unless you need to conserve mana.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Tidus from FFX was just previewed for Japan. No stats yet aside from the fact that he's a 5-6* unit whose TM is a 135 ATK Water Element Sword. Alongside him are 4 FFBE units, of which Grace seems the most interesting as she's a 4-6* unit whose TM is a +20% MP +25% MAG/SPR Accessory. I'd be really happy to have that on my Mages.

Edit: Oh. I missed the 3-5* unit whose TM is an 82 ATK Dagger that gives Dual-Wield. Well that's just amazing.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 30, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Don't forget that Lenna not only has Curaja, Cheer, Esuna, and better stats than Fina (including 300 more hp), her LB is also an AOE Heal on par with a Cura cast combined with a 3 turn 30-49% MAG buff to your party.

I'm probably throwing a few pulls at this banner, because if I miss WoL, I would be completely happy with Lenna.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
First roll of the new banner: WoL

... Well okay then.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Trilin posted:

Speaking of which, how much MP do Ethers and Turbo Ethers even restore? Their descriptions are vague and imply its % based, but I have no idea really.

20 MP and 70 MP respectively.

Potions are 200HP/500HP/1000HP for Potion/Hi-Potion/X-Potion.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Xalidur posted:

Used 6 summon tickets today, and I got 4* Chizuru, 4* WoL, and 4* Lenna plus assorted Tellahs. I am very happy.

I was happy with my 1 ticket WoL pull, but hot drat man, you win.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Frost Dragon down on the first attempt with noone ever in any danger of dying. I think he got someone to half hp once, and since i didn't have paralyze available he was doing -something- each turn. Bartz got confused once but just smacked himself in the face, but Fina landed an early Silence on the dragon which kept him on physical attacks for 4 straight turns. He did get an unexpected Blizzara off when silence ran out and i forgot to refresh barblizzara, but it did all of 500-600 damage tops.

Was mildly underwhelming. Then again the team was: WoL, Exdeath, Bartz, Krile, Fina. So i suppose i was only slightly overgeared.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Kongbakpao has an article up about a live stream interview that Bahamut (apparently a Taiwan gaming website) had with FFBE's Global & Japan producer, and took down some notes:

quote:

*Japan server has recently reached the 7 million download milestone while in Global, we managed to hit 5 million downloads in a month.
* Global version is slightly different from Japan as we have our own localisation such as the Facebook-Linking function, Daily Quests, remodel for bigger screen devices, game balance in terms of abilities which cannot be stacked.
* Kefka is strong.
* Current Demons Unleashed items (Demon Heart) can only be gotten from this event, unlikely it’ll be back so faster farm!
* Esper Reset is currently in development in Japan.
* In future, Espers will be able to counter certain Monster races thus the skill tree may be expanded so remember to save some points.
* Global and Japan content gap is about 5-6 months. Although most of the content are based on the Japanese build, Global will also have its own exclusive content. Also, to close up the gap of both servers, they might compile a few patches from the Japan client and add in to Global as a big patch.
* In future, we might be able to see events that will tell the story of each different Final Fantasy series.
* Events will be use to explain some of the side-stories in FFBE.
* Characters from FF7 and FF8 will be coming but… they can’t tell when.
* There will be Cid. He will look different from all of the FF series and his appearance will be more suited to the FFBE theme. He’s a VIP in the story.
* First 6* Character has not been decided for Global yet.
* There will be Collaboration events! Some from Japan and some are Global exclusive. Dragon Quest most likely will appear in future.
* Next batch of characters will be from FFIX.

Edit: Apparently this interview was from last week.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 12, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Black Garb over Black Belt Gi? Come on now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
This is a pretty great event...for teams already pretty well put together. WoL/Exdeath/Bartz/Krile/Fina + Chizuru friend lets me Auto through all of the random encounters while Ainsel takes 2 rounds worth of attacks, and the other two bosses die in 1 round.

The Light Megacrysts seem to be the sticking point, as Ainsel likes to drop 1-2 of her stones per.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
My Exdeath gained ~54 MAG 12 DEF, Bartz gained 21 ATK, & WoL gained 11 ATK. Today has been a good day.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Odd build for an Exdeath, I gotta say. Still, how did you get 275 magic anyway? How many Shantotto TMs do you have on him? Two and a really high leveled Ramuh/Shiva?

Gravity Rod, 2 Hero Rings, & 4 MAG+10%s will get an Exdeath to 290+ with a low 2* Shiva. A max 2* Ramuh will add on at least another 15 points of MAG, so you can get this high on Exdeath without any TMs.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Japan is apparently getting a change to the gacha, in which Gold Crystals will only ever pull base 4* units, and Rainbow crystals will only ever pull base 5* units. So no more upgraded 3* units taking up your Gold/Rainbow pull.

Please come to NA. Please oh please oh please.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

JP players can chime in but I don't see the need for 2 healers.

It's nice if you don't have a Full Break and need the sheer healing output. White Dragon & Demon Chimera were done before I had WoL with Krile and Fina, which provides so much healing as to bring everyone back up to full every turn while allowing Fina to keep Cheer up (or allow her to heal and have someone else covering Bar- resistances).

But once you have a Full Break (or WoL who can both Full Break & Cura), you don't really need 2 healers anymore.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Battle in the Vaults - Elite trip report:

Heh. Heh. What the loving christ.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'd just like to say that NinjaD's maxed out 6* Lightning is in fact the most amazing thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

tophet posted:

I did the same thing, I had 40 some I was saving for her, but had to make a team that could handle the event.

ANYWAY I brute forced it with 1600 lapiz and have a 6* lightning for anyone who wants: 731,999,126

You seem to have it currently set to a 348 Kekfa, which isn't the worst thing I suppose, unless the ID number's wrong.

• Locked thread