Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So things I have:

Vaan 4* (ready to 5)
Bartz 5* (max level)
Cecil 4* (ready to 5)
Golbez 4*
Kefka 4*
Locke 3*
Artemios 3*
Cyan 4*

10 golden tickets for things later

Right now I'm feeling Bartz, Vaan, Cecil, Kefka, and X.

What is X?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Tellah, Kain, Rydia x2, some random ninja, Luna, Celes

Uggggh....

Alright,

Cecil, Bartz, Vaan, Kefka, Fina all five star is my current party. Usually friend Chizuru or Cloud for barrage fun time.

I think it will stay that way unless someone convinces me Vaan's magic cheer on Tellah/Kefka/Summon Friend makes up for a Bartz and Friend Chizuru with cheer.

Other options include Krile(suppose to be a good 5 star in japan?), Golbez(no), Locke(why), and Artemios(no bow so eh).

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

*Drumroll*

Locke
Celes
Krile x3
Kuja (new)
Edgar
Anzelm
Lumille x2 (new)
Charlotte x4 (new)

Lightning 5* (huzzah)

Total cost 10 tickets, 2250 Lapis.

I've rode the lightning, I don't recommend it. 2500 Lapis left, 0 tickets.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alright anyone with some knowledge of the future metas chime in on this.

---Rambling Starts----

My Lightning can finally hit 6 stars today so the plan is after that to start on my TMs I've neglected since the start while I wait for hero rings to cook.

Magic: Terra and Kefka

Phys: Bartz(x2) and Lightning

Support: Vann

Tank: Cecil

Healer: Lenna

Bartz is showing his age a bit, especially with Lightning eating all my best equipment. Cecil and Vann are just there most of the time not being too special. That leaves my last slot for Kefka/Terra/Lenna. I honestly don't know which I like more for doing things.

---End Rambling----

SO for right now I think swapping Bartz for Kefka is the right choice. But in the future what does an optimal party look like? Phys Heavy? Mag Heavy? Depends on the fight you idiot Heavy?

Cecil/Lightning/(Kefka/Terra)/(Vann or another full breaker or something with more damage?)/(Rem?/Refia?/other 6* healer?)

What delightful things should I spend all my lapis and tickets on basically.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Fenrir posted:

Depends on the fight, really. Like, a balanced team can be great for certain things but right now the colosseum seems to be physical heavy (especially that stupid C-1 Roper, don't use magic on him or you'll die horribly). The current event is better done either by a very strong Lightning (or pair of them) or by chaining massive amounts of magic damage.

All those characters are good, but right now there's just no need for a tank with the current content. I'm leveling my Charlotte anyway because one day we'll probably need one. If your Cecil is already maxed, it's probably only a matter of time before he becomes a 6* golden god. Farm ELT for materials now if you have the patience to do so.

As for the JP meta, hell, I think some people are still chaining Edgar's chainsaws.

Good to know Japan has taste.

I really just need to grind up my TMs and see where I'm at once more 6 stars come out. I'll swap Cecil for more magic when I get Excalibur.

Maybe I'll do half price pulls for Ramza's TM and Agrias to replace Vann until he 6 stars next year.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Fenrir has probably carried all our asses far more than the rest of the thread combined. Fenrir can bitch about lack of Cecil, I've gotten 4 and a Rosa.

RIP cheezewiz 2016-2016

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Half price was Lid.

Eh. I shouldn't be pulling on anything really but the temptation of quicker TM farming is too great.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Remember new friends there is a handy list full of goons in the first post. Want a Lightning friend? Pick from a dozen! Many of us can solo advanced rider and pump you full of steroids!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Sometimes the game gives you a sign and you take it.

Half - Galuf
Ticket 1 - Garland
Ticket 2 - Shadow
Ticket 3 - Ignus
Ticket 4 - Shadow
Ticket 5 - Vivi
Ticket 6 - Rydia
Ticket 7 - GOLDEN SHADOW

Saving everything else for TG Cid.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

4am? Sounds like a good time for a half price pull!

Refia 4*

Farewell Lenna, you served well. I kinda don't want to half price anymore until Orlandu, I don't need anything but TMs... I mean I'll give in and do it but ugggh.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Fenrir posted:

If you actually have enough sacred crystals to awaken her to 5*, can you hook me up with some extras? I have to farm 30 of the loving things :smith:

At 11 but she needs to be leveled without me having cactuars anyway. Lenna's spot is safe, for now, she's on notice.

Or once I get her leveled we could get Tilith next, that mess could happen too.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Sure is a good thing I didn't level and advance my Refia! Ha Ha Ha.....

Tilith takes 15 sacred crystals too Fenrir...

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the first day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

A bow wielding Fran bunny...

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PopeCrunch posted:

okay i am trying to make sense of my chaps and lasses here, i looked at the wiki but i guess i don't know enough about the game yet to understand what it's trying to tell me. Here's the dudes and ladies I have, which should I care about levelling and which are garbo, thank you friends i love you all

rain, lasswell, fina, two marias, two rydias, clyne, locke, rizer, leah, tronn, eldin, baurg, three maxells for some goddamn reason, liza, mizell, ronaldo, two penelos, edgar, fran, bedile, bedile again because god has died, kuja, zidane, vaan, montana, galuf, rakshasa, WARRIOR OF LIGHT, arc, refia, ingus

i gather arc becomes a mushroom cloud layin' mother fucker at some point and i feel like rydia has potential? i wanna use fran because ff12 was my jam but worry it is a trap and she is actually a turd

help goons i have no idea what i'm doing :(

edit: i stuck the two marias and the two rydias in a party and chain-ran that 3 fite mission in the earth temple because i heard that trust farming was a thing, but it took a thousand years and i sort of wanted to throw my phone in the toilet after

edit again: also kain, kain is good, right
ok i spent some lapis and now roselia, whoever the craps she is

Refia, WoL, Arc, Edgar, Kain

Don't trust farm unless you are emulating and macroing.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 12, 2016

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the second day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

Trust Esuna
And a bow wielding Fran bunny...

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Grimalkin posted:

Do we know around when the gacha is going to change? And what is the change going to be, exactly?

You just want to know if I can hammer out the whole song. The banner is 13 draws, so yes on day 13 I just drop the phone in the shitter.

11/24 and probably FF5.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the third day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

A Figabro
Trust Esuna

10% trust away from 2 excaliburs though!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Squall. (skwôl) A brief, sudden, violent windstorm, often accompanied by rain or snow.

I always figured Seifer more firey than Squall what with the fireball to the face in the intro.

As for Kefka its definitely a balance/opposites thing with poor Terra being locked to only fire/healing assuming they planned them in the same time frame.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the forth day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

Holy poo poo Zidane
A Figabro
Trust Esuna

3% away from that second excalibur! Suddenly my thirst for Orlandu is growing.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the fifth day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

One golden Karl
Holy poo poo Zidane
A Figabro
Trust Esuna

And here's my Tilith-mas gift to you all,

813 319 093 my Lightning now with two excaliburs and I look forward to the next holy resist boss. All Cecil arena teams are not funny or cute.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

NinjaDebugger posted:

Those are your good (or about to be good) characters. Only one of them is 6 star capable, but it's Cecil. You're lacking a top tier mage until Krile gets her 5 star, pulling on the FF3 banner for Arc is a good idea.

Refia is a 6 star

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

We should really update the op.

Arc/Refia/Ignis should get anyone through a good chunk of the story from there it's just finding 2 other non trash units and/or exploiting goon Lightning/Luneth.

Save tickets for the next banner(s) use lapis for the daily draw and maybe pull something neat on the cheap.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

On the sixth day of Tilith-mas my Gumi gave to me,

My seventh Luna
One golden Karl
Holy poo poo Zidane
A Figabro
Trust Esuna

Every time I get disappointed by my pull I remember those who have nothing this Tilith-mas and I become thankful for that 5% trust.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

AHAHAHA!

HA!

Oh that is a good one gumi. I wouldn't touch that banner with a 10 foot excalibur, but thanks for the Maxwell, a week later.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I really hope one day Golbez becomes usable, maybe man in black form. He deserves better than Exdeath at least.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Benthalus posted:

While I agree that Golbez should become more usable, better than Exdeath is a stretch. Exdeath was the apex villain in FFV, while Golbez was influenced by Ze(ro)mus, the actual apex villain of FFIV. So I could see an argument for Ze(ro)mus to be more powerful than Exdeath, but Golbez doesn't seem to justify that treatment.

Golbez is a good big brother and Exdeath doesn't have any little brothers to occasionally beat up under the excuse of mind control. Giving your little brother and his friends a wedgie that could kill them automatically makes you cooler than a dude who owns a meat fort. Remember that time you tied your little bro's girlfriend up to a guillotine? Good times!

Lets be fair here too, both of them got chumped by old men who died immediately after but only one of them gets chumped by a turtle.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I just crashed on win 96 in the arena, make exivus great again....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alright I've done this twice now without shutting down every 4 turns.

Lightning
Cecil
Refia
Lenna
Vann
Friend CoD 500+ attack

The problem is just killing her in three rounds isn't the goal, we have to stall as long as the ethers hold out.

Everyone has muscle belts cept Lightning. Everyone has hp and def up materia cept Lightning. No TM rewards on.

You need to feed the CoD mp in some form, elixirs or turbos both work. Cecil had Diablos so no provoke. The worst thing that can happen is Refia eats it because it takes two actions to get her up and capped compared to her just full lifeing whoever.

Embolden first turn and screw it the rest of the time. Keep up full break and cloud's ele resists always. Keep HP capped you have 3 healers. At 30% the bad poo poo happens have one person heal, have cloud trigger the 30%, the others all need to defend. Cloud will probably need a pick up leave Lenna dead assuming you used her as the cure sacrifice. After that continue as normal.

The CoD will do the real work everyone else is just there to use items or heal or debuff or dispel or earn orbs.

Cecil, Refia, and full break are the important things YOU need to bring, an extra high hp healer helps.

or just cheat and pull the plug every 4 turns, pussies.

Playing since a week after launch
Money spent on the game: $0
TMs farmed: 2x Excalibur

Good luck new people.

• Locked thread